Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » I don't know what to do about this

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't know what to do about this
archer
Activist
Member # 27799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for archer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I hope I have put the question in the right section if not I am sorry...Well, the thing that's troubling me is nervousness at the onset of m exams...I don't know why but I get so nervous during my exams and a few days before it...I prepare fairly decently, in fact I am in PG and till now I have stood first in my batch three times and just second once..I don know if it's the fear of not doing well that's troubling me or something else....I always have a fear that I will forget whatever I have learnt..my palms sweat the day of the exam and I literally pespire...even when I take walks I get scared that I haven't finished and cut short my walk because of that...I 'd be greatful if someone could help me out
Posts: 104 | From: India | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exams can be pretty darn stressful!

One thing you can do to help is to study in short sessions well in advance of an exam. It can help to try and teach the material to others too, in order to make sure it's really stuck in your memory.

Try taking a few long, slow, deep breaths whenever you feel anxious in an exam. Take time to read over the questions, too, so there are no nasty surprises.

Do you have troubles with anxiety in other areas of your life as well, or just with exams?

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
archer
Activist
Member # 27799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for archer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm thanks for that reply...and yeah I am generally a little tensed about things..Most of the times I end up performing well but then I do get scared...and I know I am stressed out because it's throwing my periods totally off schedule...May be it's the fear of not doing as well, but yea I do get scared..I most of the times sleep little during exams for fear that I won't finish....my sleep during exams are about 4-5 hours...And I by nature drink very little water if that has anything to do with nervousness
Posts: 104 | From: India | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's pretty important to get a good night's sleep before exams- only getting a few hours probably could contribute to making you feel jumpy and nervous and stressed.

Perhaps it may also help to remind yourself whenever you feel a bit panicky that "I've done this before, I'm a smart girl, I can do this"?

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something that really helped me during my exams last year was meditation (don't laugh) [Big Grin]
In the quad (a kind of courtyard I guess) at our school, I got into a habit of just going there with some friends before an exam, just chatting and having a laugh. Then after they'd left, I'd just lie on the grass, close my eyes, feel the warm breeze.
After a while, I opened my eyes, just staring at the perfect blue sky.
And that worked a treat.
Do you play an instrument? Sometimes I use that to calm me down as well.

--------------------
“In a strange room, before you are emptied for sleep, what are you. And when you are filled with sleep you never were. I don’t know what I am. I don’t know if I am or not... how often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.”

Posts: 1269 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.