Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » What are you most proud of?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are you most proud of?
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This post is really just a shameless plug for piercing artists everywhere...but I need to share this wealth.

A week ago yesterday, I had $30 and about 2 hours of free time. It had gotten my nipples pierced in April, and I don't go for much longer than 3 months without a new modification very easily. So, after an epiphany while I was sitting in my bathroom with a cork and sterilized needle, that doing this myself wasn't a good idea and it never would be, I gathered up some things and went to visit my trusty local piercer.

I had decided on the vertical hood. A 14 guage captive bead ring passing through the "hood" of skin over my clitoris, vertically in one hole. I managed to push aside the fears about how my body is shaped, and, after a few very intense seconds, had a new hole.

The first week with it had been bothersome, because the ring always managed to end up in some uncomfortable position and would pull on the skin and just leave me doubting my judgement.

But today, I made quite a discovery, and I need to brag. In fifteen minutes of awkward stumbling with needle nose pliers (if you don't know piercings, you won't know what I was doing. And it's probably better that way. I don't want you to be scared) I removed the bead, slid the ring out, and slid a curved barbell in it's place. It took another five minutes to screw the damn ball on. But I got everything all kosher, stood up, and...

went weak in the knees.

In the years I've been sexually active, I have not had a feeling like that. It was incredible. I could have crumpled up on the floor and died right there, completely contented.

This has been a PSA for anyone who's ever thought about getting anything pierced, but chickened out because of the pain or the way your body looks or anything. If you like the piercing, get it. It will have unexpected rewards. I'm so thankful for that moment of lucidity in which I could screw self conciousness and get it done. Not only will this piercing serve as evidence that I am stronger than my insecurities, but it will provide me with pleasure for years to come.

P.S. In August, it will be my 4 year anniversary on ST! YAY!

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
illuminatedmind
Activist
Member # 17190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for illuminatedmind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could bite the bullet and get a piercing, but I really can't. I'm not a hidden piercings kind of gal, and the only thing I want is a nose stud, but it's against my profession's dress code.

I will emphasize the trust in the artist/piercer. I heard tell of this one girl who got her clit done (maybe it was just supposed to be her hood) and the piercer hit a nerve. It was nice and distracting all at once when she rode the bus.

Posts: 198 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shann2002
Activist
Member # 10090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shann2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! I thought about getting my nipples pierced for a long time but my monthly breast tenderness steered me away from that.

I think that I am most proud of having made it through my first two years of college and being able to keep my scholarship money because the cost of tuition is going way up! After a while, my kids are going to be paying $100,000+ to go to a public state university.

The increases are ridiculous!

Posts: 127 | From: Da Dirty South | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.