Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » prom flowers...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: prom flowers...
girlie*
Activist
Member # 5257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girlie*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i need to pick the flowers for my last year of prom...and i need to get white ones. besides roses and carnations, does anyone know of a white flower that wont wilt before my night even starts(i have found some, but they have been very pricey). one florist said little baby tulips would be good, but another said they wouldnt last at all. just wondering if anyone knows or can help
Posts: 118 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
large lilies are pretty hardy and they look very nice. so are chrysanthemums, but they're kinda tacky, imho. how about orchids? those blooms last forever (even if the plant itself takes a decade to bloom once).

------------------
¿Qué es el dealio?

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blond ambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know if they come in white, or even if theyd last long, but i think snap dragons are the best flower in the world, much better than stupid old traditional roses or carnations, cause they snap!

After reading this thread i decided if i go to prom ill use snap dragons! :P

Posts: 351 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 4 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goodness gracious....is it prom season already?! Ay caramba!

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PBOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vball girl12
Activist
Member # 8238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vball girl12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, snapdragons do come in white--just went to a wedding where the flowers were white snapdragons and dark pink roses...very beautiful.

Gardenias would be pretty also, although they'll only last a day or so, but they have a wonderful smell, IMHO.

Posts: 46 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.