Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » THE WAR!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE WAR!
Shann2002
Activist
Member # 10090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shann2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you guys feel about the war over in Iraq?

Personally I am scared to death. I am scared for the people in Iraq and here in the United States. I don't agree with this war. I feel like fighting is no way to solve anything. I was just talking to a close friend of mine from high school, and he said one of his other friend was going over to the war (because he is a marine). I feel bad for him because he is suppose to get married later on this year. He told my friend to take care of his girlfriend while he's gone. They both are sad about this.

I wish that there was something us scarleteeners coulds do to help boost the morale of all of the troops.

Is anyone here for or against this war? How do you feel about us going over there to "liberate" the Iraqi people? Is this war justified or not? Has Bush rushed into this? Is it a personal thing between Bush and Saadam? What are your thoughts?

[This message has been edited by Shann2002 (edited 03-21-2003).]

Posts: 127 | From: Da Dirty South | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UKgirl
Activist
Member # 11280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
existing thread: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum20/HTML/000081.html

some really interesting stuff has come up.

Posts: 166 | From: London, England | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, it's true, we do have a very politically-charged thread on this topic, but why not keep this one for emotional concerns, moral support, and other such non-argumentative issues? I think we could use it.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

Word up!

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's a good idea, too, Milke - I remember us having a thread like that when the attack on the WTC happened, too.

I've been watching tonights pictures of "Shock and Awe" on the tv, and they are honestly making me want to vomit. - And hope all these missiles are indeed as accurate as the US military claims they are.
I can not imagine what it must be like in Baghdad tonight, for the civilians there.

I will search out some community tomorrow: am going to a large, muti-religious peace prayer followed by a big rally.
What are all of you doing to feel better?

Also, Shann, you're by no means not alone in your worry about peace and the US troops: Working for Change has been working to bring billboards saying "Support our troops - bring them home now".

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: (In response to being asked to fight a troll) "I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.