Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Alert: Link and Think 2002

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alert: Link and Think 2002
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have a personal website, journal, weblog or other kind of frequently updated personal website?
If so, why don't you take part in this years "Link and Think"?

Link and Think is an observance of World AIDS Day in the personal web publishing communities, which has been held yearly since 1999. The project involves hundreds of webloggers, journalers, diarists and other personal website publishers, each linking to resources about HIV/AIDS or publishing personal stories about how the AIDS pandemic has affected them.

It's a great way to celebrate World Auds Day, educate yourself, inform those that read your website, remember people lost and make a tiny little difference.

For more, check out http://www.linkandthink.org/

I'm in, how about you?

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scorpio
Activist
Member # 4154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in!! I just signed up. One questions: Should i post the stuff now, or should i wait until December 1st?
Posts: 83 | From: Seattle, Washington | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think, Scorpio, that's all up to you.

I remember that last year, some people posted stuff well in advance and then on December 1st linked back to it (and to other sites), while others preferred to do it on December 1st. One should be educated and aware of HIV/AIDS and the crisis in sub saharan africa and the risks so many ignore all days of the year. - So be as much of an activist as you feel like!

What i do is that i have a banner to linkanthink up all this month, a banner and link to what i blogged last year (had that all year) and will specifically & solely blog on HIV/AIDS on World Aids Day.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just wanted to remind folks who wanted to observe World AIDS Day...

------------------
Correlation does not equal causation.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAPPY WORLD AIDS AWARENESS DAY!

=) i joined the link and think, and i posted one entry about it... the day i signed up... but than i forgot about it after that... oops... =\

but they sent me a reminder, so today (at 2:30 am LOL) i wrote another post. and tomorrow i'll have sumthing to say cause the HIV/AIDS Awareness Team in my school is havng a bakesale to raise money for... umm... i'm not sure lol argh. i made posters to put up for it, and bought some cookies to sell. we're going to hand out information about HIV and AIDS during lunch i think. i hope it turns out well. =) ::looks hopeful:: lol

------------------
dont worrie b happie... its like a law! =)

hunt for clothes NOT for animals. =)

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.