Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Life on replay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Life on replay
Zanney
Activist
Member # 8696

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Zanney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you had the opportunity to relive one moment of your entire life so far, what would that be??

For me, it would be a recent one - getting off the plane for a big, teary reunion with my boyfriend, right in the middle of all those people at the airport. I was on a high for days afterwards

I almost wish someone had taped it, so I could live it over again (and not just in my mind).

Oh, and I would also like to relive a moment I can't remember, but it is in a photograph. It of is me, my dad and my mom having a picnic when I was a baby. Everyone looks so happy and relaxed, and the scenery is so idyllic that it would be good to revisit.

Your turn

Posts: 419 | From: Tivoli | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zanney:
For me, it would be a recent one - getting off the plane for a big, teary reunion with my boyfriend, right in the middle of all those people at the airport. I was on a high for days afterwards

That is so cute!

I would relive going to Ozzfest. I swear it was one of the greatest moments of my life. I know what you mean about taping it. Then I would always be able to watch it and wouldn't forget anything.

There are so many awesome things that I would like to be able to relive again, but right now that's the one I would want to the most.

btw, great topic!

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dancing at an Underworld concert in October of 1999. Just shy of my birthday. Oh man, that was the best show ever, I honestly felt unbridled ecstacy and joy. I danced for hours and hours and felt like i was floating.

------------------
"I am so smart, I am so smart, s-m-r-t....I mean s-m-A-r-t." Homer J. Simpson
"Mmm ... floor pie!" Homer J. Simpson

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 10 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was thinking about this question....and i haven't lived enough of my life to answer it . but right now i think i would relive a kiss. just one kiss. im such a sap

------------------
~*your winning me over with everything u say...you rip my heart right out...and when i let you closer i only want you closer...you rip me apart...

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would want to relive a moment with my guy friend, actually the last day of school. I went over to his house and I remember we were watching "Harry Potter." He had his eyes closed and I was cuddled up to him with my head on his chest, listening to him breathe. It was just so wonderful, to feel so close for just a long moment .
Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just clarifying...
Do you mean go back and change one moment? Or relive it and experience it all over again?
or either?

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my swt 16... that was seriously one of the best days of my life.

i felt like a princess... a beautiful dress... all my friends and family there waiting for me when i came in. i had a tiara... my hair was all done up... and my nails were perfect!

it was MY day... and it was perfect. afterward it felt like a dream... it was a total blurr! lol

my bf at the time told me when we were dancing to our song, "you walked in... and everything just froze. i thought to myself, wow... i really am the luckiest person in the world. you look beautiful!" it was sooo perfect.

the candle ceremony was great. i joked about my friends and they couldnt do anything back to me (for once!) lol. some people said it was too long, but i was like... nooo it was exactly how i wanted it... it was perfect.

some of my friends rush their candle ceremony... make it as quick as possible for their guests. i took as long as i wanted to because it was MY day... i did things the way i wanted. and no one could take it away or change it or stop it.

------------------
dont worrie b happie... its like a law! =)

hunt for clothes NOT for animals. =)

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is a japanese film called "Afterlife." it's about this portal to eternity where each departing soul has three days to choose the greatest moment of his/her life, relive it, and spend hereafter in that moment forever. it's a cute and sentimental movie.

------------------
"I am so smart, I am so smart, s-m-r-t....I mean s-m-A-r-t." Homer J. Simpson
"Mmm ... floor pie!" Homer J. Simpson

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCagedOne
Activist
Member # 3746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCagedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there are really two times I'd like to relive, one much more than the other though. Mostly, I'd like to relive the moment I stepped off the plane and first laid eyes on my girlfriend whom I'd been talking to online and on the phone for a little over a year. That was definitely the happiest moment of my life.
Secondly, I like to go back to my first (and so far only) ski trip to Breckenridge. Not that I can't go again, but there's just something about seeing that place for the first time.

------------------
"A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey"
----
"We're all here cuz we're not all there"

Posts: 52 | From: Usually somewhere between MI & FL - currently KY | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to say the moment when my current partner told me he loved me. It took almost 3 1/2 months from the start of the relationship for him to tell me that. I know he means it. He refuses to say it if he doesn't mean it.

Also, that moment, after I had gotten off that infernal plane, made it onto the train, and got back to the main terminal to pick up by bags. Coming up that escalator, with my best friends jumping up and down to welcome me back home. Australia is great, but nothing beats home.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there are many parts of my life that were awesome and terrific and wonderful, but are not things that I would want to relive. It's almost as though I've had those great experiences and I want to keep them whole, keep them original...keep them in the form I remember them now. Somehow reliving those moments would trip me up a bit, and I may not remember them the same way afterward. So for many of my wildest moments, I'd rather just leave them be.

But there is one I wouldn't mind going through again. It's March of 2001 and I'm at work very early on a Sunday morning. It's about 3:30am and I'm only three-and-a-half hours from reaching the end of my shift. It has been an insanely busy night, with several "hot" calls already under my belt for the shift. Injury traffic accidents, fights, an attempted stabbing, two domestic violence incidents...all of Patrol was backed up to the hilt.

But somehow when 3am rolls around, everything just stops. Totally dead. Radios so silent that units get on them every few minutes just to ensure that they still work. A lot of us had tried to grab some food earlier but had been stymied by the sheer volume of calls. So we all banded together at 3:30 and met up at one of the few 24-hour restaurants in town. Some of us (myself included) were officially given our 30-minute lunch breaks, others just stopped in to chat and grab a bite, knowing that they might not get another chance if things picked up.

So there we sat. First it was me and a friend from a neighboring district. Them my District Partner showed up. Then came two pals from the south end of the city. Then entered a pair of Gang units and a pair of patrol officers from the east side. It was an impromptu gathering, but it was wonderful. Completely unexpected, but just great. We'd all gone through a heck of a night, and there we were...able to talk and laugh and joke about it all for the brief period when there was nothing to do. All of us chatting over the rising steam of our coffee, some people screwing around and throwing things at one another; others sitting back and relaxing while they had the chance. Just all the guys (and one girl!) hanging out, being ourselves, letting our hair down, enjoying one another's company, and on and on it goes.

The feeling of being there was great...just the feeling of having all your closest buddies together with you, reflecting on a hard night and talking about good times. The feeling of pride and happiness that you are fortunate enough to know such great people who help bring about such good times. It only lasted half an hour before a warble tone and a burglary-in-progress call sent four of us on our merry way, but it was enough to leave a lasting impression on my mind.

That really was waaaaaay longer than I had intended...I guess maybe I got wrapped up in that moment all over again. But I suppose that just goes to show what a great moment it was, and just how much it means to me.

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lithiumbarbiedoll
Neophyte
Member # 9186

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lithiumbarbiedoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i sit back and think about it there are a few great moments in my life that id love to experience again...or atleast the feeling they brought (thanks for making me think of them =0)but i think my favorite moments would be going to see Finger Eleven at the Lyric in Kitchener 'cause my couzin wanted me to come which was amazing because i really needed to be close to someone in my family...and secondly...this years warped tour...i love my music and the way it feels and to see the Casualties and Total Chaos live was well...i dont think i could explain it.....great topic!
Posts: 34 | From: Ontario | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.