Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Schmaltz! Glurge! Treacle!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Schmaltz! Glurge! Treacle!
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's really only one rule to this thread: you can't be cynical. Maybe it's because I've been sick lately, but I decided we needed a thread to talk about happy, even sappy things. This is the thread to talk about your friends, your partner, your pet, flowers, cheesy old movies...anything syrupy like that. Think of this as the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" of Scarleteen, LOL.

Here's something kind of strange that I thought I'd share: I've been really sick lately; I have a sinus infection. Anyway, the other night I was feeling horrible: I had just been put on antibiotics, I had a fever, I was coughing like crazy...so I went to bed early. Anyway, just as I was going to sleep, I felt really lonely and sad. I wanted my friends, and especially my friends at choir. I had stayed home from choir practice that day, and for some reason I felt really sad about it. I would have given anything to see any of them show up at my door.

Well, yesterday night I was talking to a friend of mine. Now, let me explain, every year they do kind of a bonding thing with all of the choirs. They play slow music and they get to know each other better and someone makes a speech about friendship, etc. Almost everyone cries, and everyone that's done it says it helps them realize how great their friends are and brings them closer together. So anyway, I said, "WHat did you guys do at practice?" and she said, "Oh, we did bonding." But when I calculated that out, that was about the same time I was on the other side of town, practically crying because I wanted to see my friends so much and I couldn't figure out why. Isn't that creepy? It's like I almost was there.

Now, let's hear yours. No cynicism!

------------------
"...And in the morning, I'm making waffles!"
-Shrek

"Lord, what fools these mortals be!" -A Midsummer Night's Dream

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No cynicism? But I cannot hold any other sort of conversation other than a cynical one!!!!
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 12 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the other day I was cooking dinner, and I took the garlic out of where it lives in the fridge - and it was sprouting.

I needed a clove of garlic. So I got the only one that wasn't sprouting, and I chopped it up - but then I realized I needed another clove. I picked one that had a thick green shoot, and got ready to cut off the sprout. I held the knife over the sprout--and I couldn't do it.

I tried several times, but I couldn't get past the idea that that plant would be alive and growing if it just had some light and water.

So now it's in a little Vaseline-glass vase of my mother's on my windowsill, and it's grown almost 10 inches in about 5 days. It should flower soom. It makes me happy to water it and take care of it. ;]

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

"Years ago, I was an angry young man/I'd pretend that I was a billboard/Standing tall by the side of the road/I fell in love with the beautiful highway..."-Talking Heads, "(Nothing but) Flowers"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thought that I am now A SOPHOMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes me happy. I have freshman credits, it is May 31, the last day of school.
Yes, I am a sophomore in high school. Ah, it feels so good to finally say that.

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Daydreamer24:
The thought that I am now A SOPHOMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes me happy. I have freshman credits, it is May 31, the last day of school.
Yes, I am a sophomore in high school. Ah, it feels so good to finally say that.

I'm almost there!

Actually, lots of good things have happened to be since I started this thread. Like moving up in choir, having a successful Spring Play...not to mention all of the little things, like having people compliment me. People saying I'm smart, pretty, funny, sexy, talented...etc. Good times!

------------------
"When you hate your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way!"

Bunch of savages in this town.

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i had been upset with my bf one day because i was feeling used. i wasn't being used...i was just having this urge to be felt sorry for. my bf hadn't called that day plus i haven't sen him in a while and i felt like he didn't love me anymore. so, i complained to all my friends about him saying, "i feel soo used! he hardly does anything for me!" well i happened to be listening to my mp3 player that nite and had put it on random so it would choose any song that would cheer me up. i happened to have one of Later's (my bf's band) songs on there. (my bf is the lead singer and this song was one that i had written for him that he said he would put me music to.) so here i was lying in bed, feeling like my bf NEVER did anything for me, and then this song comes on...and i start leaking tears. i suddenly realize that it could be that he couldn't call, not that he didn't want to. i called him the next day, told him the entire story and apologized. as it turned out, he still loves me. and i love him dearly.

------------------
later rox.
shorter signature, yes?

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I graduate next year from high school, and on the same day I graduate from community college. This is going to be a great day for me.

That, and it looks like my first paid job is going to be for Microsoft. My resume is looking up...

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarinesGirl
Activist
Member # 10068

Icon 7 posted      Profile for MarinesGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those are all great stories so I feel like I should share one. A few months back I was on the phone with my fiance. He was getting ready to go pick up his younger sister as she was returning from a basetball trip. I was saying that I really wanted a cappichino. So he was like sweetheart I'm sorry. ANd then like 10 minutes later he calls me back and says how much do you love me? I said alot why? And he said come to your front door. I went and opened the door and he had a capichino. It was like midnight. It was so sweet.
Posts: 85 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.