Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Today I saw ____, and it made me think ____.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Today I saw ____, and it made me think ____.
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just and exercise in how we perceive the world.

Fill in the blanks with something you saw (or heard, smelled or any other sense) that made you really about something.

Today I saw an elderly woman with a broken ankle get up from her wheelchair and climb a ramp, and it made me think about the resilience of the human body. After all, it can take about 70 years of wear and tear before it can no longer function.

------------------
srm? wtf? iyhta ... rtfm!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I listened to some wonderful music, and it made me think what the world would be like without it.

I know I wouldn't be able to survive knowing what it's like to listen to music. The world would fall apart if there was suddenly no music. I don't know what it would be like if there was no music to begin with. I suppose there wouldn't be any noise at all because noise can be turned into music. The world would communicate through motions and writing.

------------------
Useless Crap

"This **** ain't over until the last record spins." Groove

"Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he would have to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to." Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I talked to a very homophobic person, and it made of how little our society has actually grown in it's acceptance.

I don't know... it's just that sometimes, I get this false sense of security, and I start actually believing that the bigots are actually all gone and then -- bam! -- my psuedohappiness is just lit on fire and tossed aside. It's kind of depressing, ultimately.

------------------
Tim

"Read the Bible again sometime. Women are painted as bigger antagonists than the Egyptians and Romans combined. It stinks." --"Serendipity," Dogma

Jane knows Connie; she doesn't care to know Dick.

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today i saw how horrible my soccer team really is and it made me want to quit once and for all, and it made me think how i never thought my own team mates would drive me to quit the sport i love so much.

I've decided that almost everyone on our team has stopped coming to play, and just to come and yell at the ref and bad mouth the other team.

------------------
'My advice is to get them off right after your shoes and before your trousers...that's the sock gap. Miss it and suddenly you're a naked man in socks. No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her'-Jeff Murdock
(Coupling, BBCC)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I saw rows of gorgeous grey cumulus clouds amidst a backdrop of bright blue sky, and it made me think about how incredible Nature as a force really is.

I got out of the car just so I could catch some hail in my hand, and I thought about how that little ball of ice that melted in less than a minute had once been just one little drop of water in the Pacific Ocean. When you put things into that sort of perspective, it just boggles the mind.

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sunday I saw my clan (our word for clique) and it made me think about where I've come from and how lucky I am to be at this place - in every sense of the word.

Despite more differences than commonalities we've created very strong relationships. Spending time with them reminds me of how much I've learned with and from them over the years and how grateful I am that they've been there for me.

------------------
There is a time and a place for everything.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I saw my ex-best friend, and it made me think what happend?

Why did she choose something that she really didnt need in her life over me? I could have helped her along the way. In the end she is going to realize that partying and drugs arent as important then someone who cares about you a great deal. I always was there for her, but drugs are more powerful, I tried to make her stop, she told me she would stop but she kept going back.

Its okay, I have moved on and learned. I got a new best friend, and we are doing GREAT!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

“One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Heather Corinna

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome topic, gummy!

Today I saw Nick and realized how much I love his mouth.

Alright, I know that sounds really shallow, but I couldn't think of anything else. I guess I never really thought about. But I truly am boy crazy. Why? Who knows. Gosh. So weird.

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 01-29-2002).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I saw myself sitting in the park in a t-shirt in New York City in late January, and not being cold, and I felt like getting naked and dancing. Unfortunately, couldn't do that in a park, but I was really wishing that I was in the middle of the woods somewhere, because it was such a beautiful day, and I just felt so connected to the weather (even though it is likely an affect of global warming that it is 66 degrees in the winter.)

------------------
"I'll be a Venus on a chocolate clamshell rising on a sea of marshmallow foam."
-Hedwig

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I saw a car with a license plate which read "KEGELS" and a minute later a man walking his pug down the sidewalk, and I immediately thought of Scarleteen.

true story, folks

------------------
straddle the fine line between profundity and profanity...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
Today I saw a car with a license plate which read "KEGELS"...

LOL!!! Only in Berkeley...

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
indigodazed
Activist
Member # 6681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for indigodazed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I saw my parents fighting again, and I thought that I never want a long-term relationship.

Today I saw the cutest couple, and I thought that maybe I would after all.

Today I saw a hockey game, and I thought "Yes! The Wild finally beat their nine game losing streak!" (We beat NY Isles 4-3, folks)

Today I saw that my ex-best friend emailed me, and I thought "I miss him so much."

EDITED: Because I added one.

[This message has been edited by indigodazed (edited 02-10-2002).]

Posts: 57 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I saw a little six-pointed snowflake on my love's sleeve, and it made me think about how small and perfect the most everyday things can be.

Today I saw a white mouse standing up to me on its hind legs, sniffing the air fearlessly, and it made me think about how we ought to all figure out what's going on and stand up to it.

Today I saw ski jumpers on TV and it made me think about how much my arms and legs hurt from skiing yesterday.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

this is what you get for liking it.
"Sebastian, you're in a mess, you had a dream they called you king of all the hipsters - is it true or are you still the queen?" --Belle and Sebastian, "Put The Book Back On The Shelf"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I saw my P.E teacher smile and I thought about how much I was missing because I wasn't born ten years earlier!
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today i saw the wedding planner and it made me think about how different it would have been if it had been an independent film, like the truth about cats and dogs.

------------------
'My advice is to get them off right after your shoes and before your trousers...that's the sock gap. Miss it and suddenly you're a naked man in socks. No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her'-Jeff Murdock
(Coupling, BBCC)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 13 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night I saw the Candanian ice skating couple take silver when they deserved the gold in the Olympics and it made me think that no matter how hard you try and how much you know you did the best you could someone always crushes it.

Today I saw the guy that I have the worlds biggest crush on and it made me think that I have no chance at all with him and that I should get over it, and that if I never do get over him, I'll move to Dallas, TX, so that way if I can't be with him then I'll be living in a city oh his name. (which is Dallas. duh)
------------------
"I get on my broom and make the bad guys go BOOM!" ~ From the wise words of a thespian on Harry Potter

"Haaaaaaaaaarrrrry Potter, Harry Potter, Harry Potter, heismyfriendhecanbeyourfriendtoo. Haaaaaaaaaaaaarrry Potter, becausehehasfeelingstoo!"

[This message has been edited by CallMeBuffChick (edited 02-12-2002).]

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 12 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
todday i saw matt and made me think i love him

------------------

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwistedPyroGirl
Neophyte
Member # 7117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwistedPyroGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
today i saw my rabbits and it (they) made me think, gosh, look at those horny things! am i allowed to say horny? lol...and this may sound stupid, but can someone tell me how to add quotes? like from movie stars and stuff, cause i'm not sure if i have to click a certain box or just type them or what... thanks in avance people..

------------------
~**Pamela**~

Posts: 19 | From: tulsa, ok USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killer_raincoat
Activist
Member # 6610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killer_raincoat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
today i saw the video 'Unpretty' by TLC and it made me think what a terribly superficial society we live in, where girls feel they can only be happy with a small waist and big boobs.
The girl in the video is seen taping her head to a model's body thinking that that is the way she should look.
It's sad not only because she felt that way, but because we all, on some level are just like her, and on some level, think others should be like that too.
I don't think anyone on this board has never looked at a heavily overweight person and thought, "she would look better if she was thinner"
I think the only thing that kept me from losing it was that and the end of the video she decides she doesn't need to be thin to be pretty.
Too bad the rest of us can't figure that out..

------------------
"Everybody thinks i'm such a horrible person, but i have the heart of a little boy. In a jar. On my desk." -Stephen King

Posts: 212 | From: Winnipeg | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I heard my baby cousin laugh and I realised what a gift babies are.
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I saw my new layout at [URL= http://www.greenjay.blogspot.com]greenjay[/URL] and it made me think about how proud of myself I am.

I know I'm talking about me me me, but I really am proud of myself.

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I saw someone double post in the same forum and it made me think how easy it would be to make an ironic comment about it. So I did!

No offence intended whatsoever Daydreamer.

------------------
'An Anarchist is a Liberal with a bomb' Trotsky

Posts: 711 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today i saw my boyfriend tap his nose (inside joke for saying "I love you") and i realized how much he really does love me and how much i love him.

Also, today as i was walking home from the bus stop i noticed that the sun was out, but it was snowing...and it made me think that nature is kinda like life....

------------------
The world's a rollercoaster, and I am not strapped in

[This message has been edited by Star2be17 (edited 02-28-2002).]

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night I saw the moon shine so brightly it made me think the sun hadn't quite set.

The moon's been incredibly bright lately, It makes the nights hauntingly beautiful. A few nights ago, there was a halo around the moon. So gorgeous. The weather's been so nice and clear, i'm kinda bummed 'cause the ski conditions are going to suck.

------------------
straddle the fine line between profundity and profanity...

Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night I came home and saw a hungry little cat who wouldn't eat the food I gave him, but cried out until I sat down, when he gave me a warm, wonderful welcome. It made me think what an incredible thing modrn medicine is, and that, even with that, timing is important. Mog became quite ill with what turned out to be a urinary blockage in January, and had to spend several days at the vet's on IV, have a small operation, and endure a number of other icky things, but he came back healthy and loving, and at this point it seems like he was never sick. But, if we'd waited any longer to get he'd help, he'd probably have kidney damage or be dead. It really bothers me to think that I might have had to celebrate my kittens' first birthday with only one of them there. If you think you or someone dear to you may be in need of medical help, seek it now. Things are usually so much easier to treat, or even cure, earlier on.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your kitty's named Mog? Awwww!!! I want a kitty.
Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was called Klio, and her sister, Aneka, but then we found out that they were actually boys, so Klio became Mog (it means 'cat' and isn't gender specific), and Aneka . . .stayed Aneka, even though my partner tried calling him more boyish names. I love having a big, macho cat with a pretty girly name, and he seems to like it just fine too.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today my mother told me that the gyno found something irregular in her PAP smear and that she might have cervical cancer, and it made me think how precious life is.

------------------

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 3 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I woke up at noon, and it made me very thankful for weekends.

------------------
ShAnNa's AmAzInG wEbSiTe

~*Only God Knows Why*~

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night my bf and i drove to piggly wiggly in a snowstorm to buy condoms which they didn't have. It made me think how inferior piggly wiggly is to other grocery stores.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.