Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » What's your all-time favorite sitcom??? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's your all-time favorite sitcom???
Zae~Zae
Activist
Member # 2946

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Zae~Zae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

My favorite sitcom? Hhhmmmmm. Well,I have more than one. I love the Jeffersons, the Brady Bunch, and the one with Jimmy Walker (What's Happening?). I also have some favorites that are more current like In Living Single, The Parkers, Frasier, Dharma and Greg, Moesha, and Girlfriends.

Those are my favs. What are yours?

Posts: 91 | From: South Carolina, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maro_chik
Activist
Member # 4272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maro_chik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I gotta say Seinfeld is the ultimate. I could watch every episode multiple times and still enjoy it as much as the first.

------------------
"I like a man with rock in bum."
-Tom Green

Posts: 63 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez maro, when was the last time you posted?

"Hellloooooooooo, lalala"
(she knows what i'm talking about)

I too, love seinfeld, but friends is also a definate fave and that 70's show...is the family guy considered a sit com?

------------------
"where'ths my mommy?"
-Shawna

Akimsa (non-violence)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone remember Murphy Brown?

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i remember Murphy Brown ... and the awful argument i got into with my 7th grade computer teacher over "family values." oi.

but i gotta say my fave sitcom of all time is The Simpsons.

------------------
I bust my arse so that I can get somewhere in life, so why am I not there yet?

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 6 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laverne and Shirley, The Golden Girls, and Popular

------------------
~*all you need is love*~

*~shanna and billy forever*~

~*ShAnNa'S wOrLd*~

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Simpsons are great because they have so many levels. They came out when I was in 5th grade, and I loved them because parts of the show appealed to my 10-year old sensibility. Then as I got older, I realized that there was far more going on than I had previously realized, and this has continued ever since. All in all, a damned funny show.

And interestingly enough, the first Seinfeld episode I watched in its entirety was the final one. As floor president in my dorms during freshman year of college, I threw a party in my room to watch the final episode. We ended up with 41 people in that tiny room, everyone on everyone else's lap (incidentally, three sets of couples were made as a result of that night); everyone laughing in everyone else's face. It wasa great time, and I began watching the show in reruns after that. Even if some of the shows are dated (such as episodes dealing with the election of Bill Clinton in 1992, or the movie "The English Patient" which came out shortly thereafter), the humor still translates well, and probably will for years to come.

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zae~Zae
Activist
Member # 2946

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Zae~Zae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know if cartoons like the Simpsons would count. I LOVE the Simpsons and Futurma!!! I can't wait to see their new episode Sunday!
Posts: 91 | From: South Carolina, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember Murphy Brown as the first place I learned what gay was!!!!!!!!!! That's how young and innocent I was! My favourite sitcom would have to be The Family Guy(if that counts) Ellen, Just Shoot Me, News Radio or Frasier!!!! I watch a lot of sitcoms. But you know what's even funnier than sitcoms? Billy Connolly Live!!!!!1
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How in the name of God did I forget the Simpsons?????
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a tie between a few definite shows- Bewitched, Three's Company and The Brady Bunch!!! I could watch hours and hours and hours of Bewitched and Three's Companyand The Brady Bunch. I've seen every single Brady Bunch episode, and I could tell you every conflict that went on in all of them.

Whenever I was younger I would record Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanie and take them over to my Grandparents house because I was that bored. I LOVE old shows. I Love Lucy, The Munsters, anything on Nick-at-Nite or TVLand. If you don't get those shows call your cable operator right away!

(edited because I forgot the Brady Bunch XD)

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 12-06-2001).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friends, Friends, Friends, and more Friends! I love love love love that show to death!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taking a cue from Slayer_Gurl, I'd say that something even funnier than sitcoms is 1970s-era Steve Martin stand-up routines.

------------------
My God can beat up your God.
-Weights and Measures

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
short stuff
Activist
Member # 3415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for short stuff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friends

------------------
(heart) always, sarah

*Memories are the best souvenirs.*

*I thought I loved him, but he had to break my heart for me to know what true love really is.*

Posts: 90 | From: seattle, washington, usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friends and (here goes) Happy Days.

------------------
*Read my diary

*Read my page

*And...alwayz :)

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Edited because I'm a silly double poster)

[This message has been edited by BJadeT (edited 12-13-2001).]

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Frasier actually-it's perfect for curling up in front of the telly on a long night in. Alone. And miserable, working my way through the My Family/Friends/Will and Grace/Frasier marathon that is Friday night viewing. I'm so sad.

I also like Dad's Army, just for the warm cuddly feeling it gives me inside. It's an old British sitcom about the home guard in World War Two, and it's one of those things that has just always been on, everyone knows about, and I can watch with my grandparents and we all laugh at the same places. Awww.

------------------
You wanna save humanity, it's just the people you can't stand-John Lennon

Witness the infinite justice of the new century. Civilians starving to death whilst waiting to be killed.

Manky Confuddledness-My new, improved Blog.

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
British sitcom: Spaced. A tremendous satire with multiple film references and wonderfully insane characters. Not at all cuddly though.

American sitcom: Frasiar. Divine characters and some plots that in my opinion rival Shakespearian comedies of errors.

------------------
'An Anarchist is a Liberal with a bomb' Trotsky

Posts: 711 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cats31_01
Neophyte
Member # 3167

Icon 14 posted      Profile for cats31_01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friends is definitely the all-time best TV show. I could and do watch every episode over and over. I also like Dharma & Greg, The Brady Bunch, and TVLand is definitely an important channel to have!
Posts: 23 | From: Kansas | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seinfeld for sure. They used to show repeats every night here.

I'm not mutch for sitcoms though.

Hugs & Scully & Annabeth,
Winnie :0)

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the Simpsons and Seinfeld get my vote too.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeapFrog
Neophyte
Member # 6340

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LeapFrog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one with Jimmy Walker was Good Times. Also had Esther Rolle and Janet Jackson in it.
Posts: 25 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zae~Zae
Activist
Member # 2946

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Zae~Zae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Times! That's what I was trying to think of. After awhile, I start confusing names.

------------------

Shann

~Activist~
C/O 2002

Love begins within

~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
drew cary, dharma and greg, 91210, golden girls, and anyday now.

[This message has been edited by ~jess~ (edited 01-27-2002).]

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another fantastically funny show (at times) was the Canadian sketch comedy show Kids in the Hall. It still runs in this nation in reruns.

------------------
My God can beat up your God.
-Weights and Measures

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
absinthia
Neophyte
Member # 6822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for absinthia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhh! The Newhart show! Silly silly silly!
And on the British tip- The League of Gentlemen AND The Young Ones. Hilarious!

Posts: 9 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely Fabulous, or The Simpsons, I guess. My TV is a Commodore monitor, and is much more likely to be used with my Amiga or Intellivision, so I really don't watch much TV.

------------------
'Every day is like Sunday'

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmm...when I watch TV I make it count. ;]

Seinfeld, Frasier, The Simpsons, Third Rock From the Sun. All incredibly-well written, though The Simpsons' writers have obviously been on crack for the past two seasons, which are slipping into crapitude.

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killer_raincoat
Activist
Member # 6610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killer_raincoat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ed!

------------------
"Everybody thinks i'm such a horrible person, but i have the heart of a little boy. In a jar. On my desk." -Stephen King

Posts: 212 | From: Winnipeg | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every night I watch an hour of Cheers and an hour of All In The Family. Polar opposites in terms of being PC and tolerant, but I like them just the same.
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwistedPyroGirl
Neophyte
Member # 7117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwistedPyroGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favorite sitcom would have to be that 80's show. so funny. i also love golden girls, boston public, will and grace, friends, off centre, the parkers...stuff like that. lol, my parents are argueing about something so dumb...my mom is mad cause she needs some dr. pepper and my dad is mad cause he wants her to get him his coffee. eh, i am never getting married..lol

------------------
~**Pamela**~

Posts: 19 | From: tulsa, ok USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charming_girl
Neophyte
Member # 8073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charming_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely Friends for me :-)
Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shann2002
Activist
Member # 10090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shann2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now, I am into watching American Idol and Joe Millionaire. They are not exactly sitcoms but I love those shows!
Posts: 127 | From: Da Dirty South | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sachie
Activist
Member # 9895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sachie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
friends and will & grace, all the way. :D

------------------
libido ergo sum.

Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holly8705
Activist
Member # 8966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for holly8705     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with sachie!!! FRIENDS and WIL AND GRACE!!!!!! But... my favorite cartoon is definately the Simpsons!!!

------------------
~Holly~
~*Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile!~*

Posts: 126 | From: Small town, Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.