Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » thongs (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: thongs
sexychic134
Neophyte
Member # 6063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexychic134     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know every girl in one point of life wants to wear a thong . I heard that the were bad but i think they turn boys on.
sexychic8

------------------
Emily Pavlik

Posts: 1 | From: Detriot-Mi-USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, that's a bit of a general statement, don't ya think? And I'm not entirely sure what you're meaning is here exactly.

Personally, I don't like thongs, I just don't find them comfortable or attractive, and I won't wear one unless I really have to. And not all boys like them necessarily...my boyfriend isn't particularly fond of them.

------------------
~KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate

There's hair there for a reason!

"Never insult an alligator until after you've crossed the river." ~Oriental Proverb

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by KittenGoddess:
Hmmm, that's a bit of a general statement, don't ya think? And I'm not entirely sure what you're meaning is here exactly.

Personally, I don't like thongs, I just don't find them comfortable or attractive...

i have to agree with that. I really don't like them. I like my regular cotton underwear, hehe. I don't think thongs look very good, and i don't think they're too comfy.

I've never had a desire to wear one, and i doubt i ever will.

------------------
"where'ths my mommy?"
-Shawna

Akimsa (non-violence)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CandyDreams123
Activist
Member # 5593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CandyDreams123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I never thought I'd ever imagine myself wearing or enjoy wearing thongs. But I tried it & I love them. I don't wear them that much though since I prefer my other ones(bikini type, i'm not a fan of cotton though)better. My boyfriend does find them attractive though, but even if he didn't like them I'd still wear them. Thats just my opinion on them.
Posts: 62 | From: TN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a few thongs but i usually only wear them if im wearing tight pants that you can see the lines of my underwear! or a tight dress or something,, but somepeople find them really comfortable and thats the only thing they wear!
Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think thongs are more of a necessity than anything else. they rock with tight pants because they don't show lines.

Victoria's secret cotton/spandex thongs, and those made by cosabella, are actually very, very comfy. I really recommend them.

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mason
Neophyte
Member # 6078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From a male point of view, it's all a matter of personal taste. I have some friends who can't stand thongs, and others who will dribble after a girl if she's wearing one. Yes, I do have some shallow friends, I know

Personally, I don't really care. They CAN look good, and be practical as they stop the dreaded 'lines' appearing, but generally, I gues it's all down to the wearers choice.

Mason.

------------------
"And he took his gun, and blew luci n away..."

Posts: 3 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And some boys and girls don't care much either way. They're all kecks to me.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I think thongs are okay. I find my cotton bonds briefs most comfy, but when it's hot and I sleep mostly naked, a thong keeps me cooler.

I find it isn't the cut of the underwear but what its made of. Cotton breathes, so it's more comfy (for me anyway).

Hugs & Scully,
Winnie :0)

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a big fan of thongs. It's pretty much the only type of underwear, except when I'm at home wearing boxer shorts and tshrits, then I love my plain white bikinis. But otherwise, it's thongs. I actually find them more comfortable than regular underwear. Thus, I'm an avid collector of Victoria's Secret cotton v-strings.

I'll move this to About You. We can continue chatting about our underwear there.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never actually worn a thong all day. I got one for my 16th bday from my best friend and ended up giving it to my mother. I can't stand having something in my butt crack for more than 2 seconds. It just drives me up the wall.

I'm considering giving it a second try tho. Maybe a pack of 5 or something in different colours and such, so i'll be able to wear one for each school day

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
The discussion of thongs and panty lines brings to mind an old "Cathy" comic strip by cartoonist Cathy Guisewite. After listening to a saleswoman extoling the virtues of a "no panty-line thong" she wonders to herself "why would I want to look like I wasn't wearing underwear?"

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 12-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 12-01-2001).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm so brazen that i don't hesitate to adjust my bra, pick a wedgie or scratch myself in public. unfortunately, i do this without thinking, and i can only guess if i attempted to wear a thong, i'd do nothing but tug on it. i'd be walking funny all day. after a while, i'd actually have to admit, it's something of a faux pas to constantly be grabbing at my own arse.

------------------
I bust my arse so that I can get somewhere in life, so why am I not there yet?

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DevilLady17
Neophyte
Member # 5984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DevilLady17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love thongs I think they are really quite comfy.Plus my mom always says you are gonna get a wedgie anyways why not start with them up there!!!

~*Amanda*~

Posts: 14 | From: North Ridgeville, Ohio,America | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bobo, that's what my mother said too. And they may just have a point.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thongs are big where I live. Very big. And let me tell you, it isn't particularly nice when girls start wearing see-through pants or hiphuggers that start sliding down and reveal everything.

I personally am happy with my cotton briefs or bikinis, thank you very much! I can't see myself wearing a thong. Comfort is a huge issue for me, and I can't imagine that I would be very comfortable in them.

------------------
"You're scary sometimes! Brilliant, but scary!"
-Ron to Hermione, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Do not question the Mistress of Legend!

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one thong and its horribly uncomfortable. I personally don't like that much, a pair of Calin Klein panyt's are much more appealing to me!! But then again I go for anything with a designer label
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
i'm so brazen that i don't hesitate to adjust my bra, pick a wedgie or scratch myself in public...

I can attest to that...our dear Gummy is pretty bold.

As for thongs, I don't think I have a genuine opinion of them either way. I used to constantly wonder why anyone would want to wear something that provides the much-dreaded "wedgie" effect all day long, until an ex-girlfriend took the time to explain in detail the curse of the even more dreaded "lines" effect. (Which I will admit, I still don't fully understand...)

What I do know is that with the current SoCal trend (and I am assuming that this trend is popular elsewhere as well) of wearing extremely tight, extremely low-cut pants with thongs underneath, there is definitely an increased incidence of people inadvertently displaying themselves in public. Two weeks ago I went to see a movie, and a woman seated next to me tapped my shoulder and asked if I wouldn't mind making some space for her to walk past my seat to use the bathroom. I made room for her, and imagine my surprise when she stood directly in front of me with her back towards me, and her very low-cut pants slid down well below where they should have been. I got more than an eyeful of that poor woman's backside, and I'm still amazed that something which resembled dental floss could have been comfortable.

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thongs-torture by underwear.
Having said that, I own one thong which I rather like, just because it makes me feel a little bit sexy and means I can wear tight trousers or skirts without the dreaded lines.
However, I once had to fly home from Italy wearing my thong because of a serious underwear packing miscalculation, and I can confidently say that thongs were not designed for wearing whilst sitting still for long periods of time.

------------------
You wanna save humanity, it's just the people you can't stand-John Lennon

Witness the infinite justice of the new century. Civilians starving to death whilst waiting to be killed.

Manky Confuddledness-My new, improved Blog.

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of those stories were pretty funny.

I don't own a thong, and I've never worn one, except for when I tried my sisters on to see how I liked them. Shh!

They bothered me a little. I may or may not wear one. The thing would be explaining it to my ma. My sisters has a bunch of thongs, but mom would probably think less of me if I wore one. She thinks that I think they are incredibly nasty becauuse whenever I see them on sale, I joke around saying "here, mom" and the like.

On the other hand, I think they're nifty little things if you're wearing white capris, whatever. Yep.

------------------
happy holidays!!

Don't Mess with Texas

"Only in America, where we can dream as big as we want to."
-Brooks and Dunn

Life is not fair, a fair is a place you show cows

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
golden101
Activist
Member # 3133

Icon 10 posted      Profile for golden101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i love wearing thongs, they make me feel sexy
Posts: 227 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 12 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
From a male point of view, it's all a matter of personal taste.

But it is about one's personal taste, isn't it? Some people think thongs are cheap, horrible little things while others appreciate it and applaude it for it's "beauty".

Indeed, I know a few people who, like golden101, find them incredibly sexy to wear and wear them when they're keen on seducing their respective partners, and a few others who insist it is horribly uncomfortable and merely for the pleasure of "those men".

------------------
*Read my diary

*Read my page

*And...alwayz :)

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i love thongs!!!! thats all i wear. they are comfortable to me and i love the way they look on me. i also like how they look on other women, but thats just me.
Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of thongs, my sister gave me one for X-Mas! I chuckled to myself how it didn't look good to recieve such gift from a sibling, but all round, I'm happy.

I've seen those thongs you wear with hipsters, and to be honest I think they look utterly ridiculous. Besides, I'm not about to pay $15 for a scrap of material that's smaller then a handkerchief!

Hugs & Scully,
Winnie

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danny
Neophyte
Member # 6214

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
from my point of view i love women with thongs but a lot of people say that women who wear thongs are dirty or they are sex freaks. I know there is no way in *** I would wear one because men are not supposed to wear them even though they sell them for men.
Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just curious as to who said men aren't allowed to wear thongs. I've never heard such "rule" before.

But for me, I like 'em! Sometimes I can't stand them because I don't feel like wearing them. But other times, I don't like wearing my bikini bottoms. It just depends on the day.

I think thongs look sexy on anyone because they are thought to be "taboo" for some people. And since they're cut down a lot, I think a person has to be brave and have a lot of self-esteem to wear one. I think that quality is extremely sexy in a person.

------------------
Useless Crap

"This **** ain't over until the last record spins." Groove

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
playboybunnysexy
Neophyte
Member # 6368

Icon 12 posted      Profile for playboybunnysexy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey!

I would love to wear a thong, tho my mom won't buy me one. I don't think it's offensive in any way. I think that a thong is a good piece of undergarmet (or whatever) that a girl can wear when she doesn't want her panty line to show.

i also think that it's a turn on to guys, and girls like to pleasure them but i think that if a girl wants to wear a thong no problem i rather girls do that then go commando!

luv ya,
sexxybunny

Posts: 8 | From: san diego, california, usa | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I don't want VPL, I either a) wear an untucked shirt that covers my bum, b) wear pants that aren't so gosh-darned tight, or c) go commando, because I for one don't see a problem with it.
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like thongs! I dont wear them when I have my period though, I feel so gross. I know people who do. I just think that its really uncomfertable.

I love getting thongs because they are so cute. I get the velvet and the colorful ones.

My favorite one is black and it has some sort of sequence thing on the front of it. CUTE!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
indigodazed
Activist
Member # 6681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for indigodazed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never worn one. Don't plan on it. What's the point? I like my boxers.
Posts: 57 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TenohSetsuna
Activist
Member # 6092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TenohSetsuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Applause, indigodazed, applause from Haruka here. I hate thongs. They're just so very small and I don't even think I could figure out how to put one on. Dumb me. I went to camp, though, and everyone was throwing around their thongs, talking about how cute they were. I found it rather disturbing. Hot Topic(anyone else a non-mainstream west coast-er?) sells thongs with pockets for condoms, which is rather strange to me. On the other hand, I have a pair of guy's shorts that have a pocket inside the waistband that's the perfect size for a condom. Guess that works both ways.

------------------
I don't want eternity. But Arashii is mine.

"I never said I was a boy." - Tenoh Haruka, episode 92, Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon

Posts: 102 | From: SoCal | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
indigodazed
Activist
Member # 6681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for indigodazed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pockets for condoms? How amusing. Well, I suppose at least they're encouraging safe sex....
And i agree, they're overly complicated for such a small piece of fabric. A friend of mine wore one all day long before she figured that she was wearing it sideways.

[This message has been edited by indigodazed (edited 01-27-2002).]

Posts: 57 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

You know, people have existed for thousands of years before underwear was even invented, so if you're wearing frequently washed clothes and would rather skip underwear, I see no problem with that. And I don't exist to please guys. The only time it's ever a woman's job to turn anyone on is when she's working in the sex industry.

------------------
'Every day is like Sunday'

TenohSetsuna
Activist
Member # 6092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TenohSetsuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*takes notes on Milke's comments* I should throw that statement about turning people on at the girls in my school who believe their one purpose in life is to be a sex object--without being paid for it.

------------------
I don't want eternity. But Arashii is mine.

"I never said I was a boy." - Tenoh Haruka, episode 92, Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon

Posts: 102 | From: SoCal | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sideways, indigo?! i really would like to see how on earth anyone could.. is that even possible?!

------------------
c/o 2005!

greenjay blog

Don't Mess With Texas

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.