Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » CrEeD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CrEeD
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 7 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been a huge fan of Creed for 4 years. I love them, as well as their music, very much. Their songs have gotten me through many hard times. The most uplifting song I have ever heard is "Higher". That song makes me happy the second I hear it! They are also very awesome in concert.

So, I would like to know... what do ya'll think about Creed? What are your fav songs by the band?
------------------
'Cause I'm just a girl, little ol' me
Don't let me out of your sight
I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite
So don't let me have any rights
Oh... I've had it up to here!

~*Shanna*~

[This message has been edited by justagirl04 (edited 08-02-2001).]

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really liked their first album. I saw a thing on tv a while ago about Christian Rock and I didn't find the first album to be realy that. To me at least, the first album is more like a bunch of songs about finding yourself, etc...and not necessarily religion. But I haven't really liked their material since then.

------------------
"1970 called. Al Pacino wants his car back."

blackbird's blog

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On My Own Prison, Creed's first album, there were a few religious songs ("My Own Prison", What's This Life For", and "One").

Human Clay, their second album, was in my opinion, awesome! I love every single song on it!

Weathered, their third album, is due to be released on November 20, 2001. I can't wait to see what they've come up with! In a recent interview, Scott Stapp (lead singer) said that Weathered is going to be alot like My Own Prison.

so I'm looking forward to it!

------------------
'Cause I'm just a girl, little ol' me
Don't let me out of your sight
I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite
So don't let me have any rights
Oh... I've had it up to here!

~*SHaNNa*~

[This message has been edited by justagirl04 (edited 08-02-2001).]

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

[This message has been edited by justagirl04 (edited 10-16-2001).]

blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you see, i really like those songs, but i don't pick out any christian references in them. when i listen to that album, i think more of how it applies to my life and how i feel, not necessarily what the song is really about.

------------------
"1970 called. Al Pacino wants his car back."

blackbird's blog

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 10 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

[This message has been edited by justagirl04 (edited 10-27-2001).]

justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 12 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My much beloved band, Creed, has a new single out called "My Sacrifice". I am very pleased with the song... anyone heard it?

------------------
~*s h a n n a*~

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, funny you should mention it...I heard it for the first time two days ago and I was going to post something in your Village People thread asking if you had heard it yet! I guarantee that it will be everywhere in a matter of weeks...mark my words.

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really like Creed, not because of their content but because, well, I don't really like their style. It just isn't my sort of music.

Amusing antidote: my sister thought they were called Greed for about two months and went around saying things like: "Have you heard the new Greed song yet?" It was very funny. Finally, I told her they're called Creed and people could once again understand what she was saying.

Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 6 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BruinDan:
Actually, funny you should mention it...I heard it for the first time two days ago and I was going to post something in your Village People thread asking if you had heard it yet! I guarantee that it will be everywhere in a matter of weeks...mark my words.

Coolness! Thanx for thinking of me, Danny! The song rocks.. I think it's the new "Higher".

Remember, the cd's out on November 20!!!

------------------
~*s h a n n a*~

justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 12 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright... almost a week after Weathered was released. Did anyone purchase the album, or at least listen to it? I love the new cd... it's become my favorite. Of course, I'm just partial, 'cause after all.. they've been my favorite band for going on four years now !!!

------------------
~*all you need is love*~

~*ShAnNa'S wOrLd*~

Super BubbleGum Gurl
Activist
Member # 2456

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Super BubbleGum Gurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally love Creed. I'm a Christian and don't really think that they're really religious, but I still totally love their music. I love their new song, My Sacrifice. That's probably the most religious one out of all their songs.
Luv,
bubbles

Posts: 54 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.