Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » American High...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: American High...
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been watching American High on PBS for a few months now, and I must say I'm impressed with it thus far, but admittedly, it has been a looooong time since I've been in High School.

Do any of you watch this? Do you watch it with your parents? How does it make you feel - do you think it is an accurate portrayal of life in A Suburban HS?

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love that show! I just wouldn't want my parents to watch it... not so much because it shows that teens are nuts or anything, but it's just like with Scarleteen, it's something I know they understand.. but it's sorta personal in a way too.

------------------
"I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal"
~Incubus

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmackDownDiva
Activist
Member # 4757

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmackDownDiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched that show when it was on - although I unfortunately missed quite a few episodes But I heard that it will be shown again starting in October (but don't quote me on that). I was so sad when the last episode aired (graduation) - it's like the people on the show are people you actually know (in real life, that is)...I also didn't find the closure I wanted from it, but I guess that's life...

That show was so cool - I was able to catch the Prom episode though...it reminded me of my Prom(s)

------------------
Always remember: curiosity killed the cat:)

Posts: 109 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eve_iLL
Neophyte
Member # 4790

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve_iLL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's still on where I am but not on FOX anymore because It got cancelled there. I enjoy the show, although I sometimes get annoyed with some of the people. I am 16 and I'm guessing they were trying to find one like everybody, but most of them don't seem familiar at all.

------------------
Not Unusual

Posts: 20 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadowhawk
Activist
Member # 3425

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Shadowhawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My local PBS station is rerunning the whole series again right now. Hopefully they'll show it in October here (do you know if that's a PBS-wide plan, or just your station, Diva?) -- I keep meaning to tape it, and ultimately burn it into a nice VCD set, but I'm out of tapes and I keep forgetting to set the timer.

Anyway, I liked the show. My parents hated it, and pretty much forbode me from watching it around my brother (who is forbidden from watching it). Not that my dad ever actually watched it, he just followed the bad press like the crotchety old sheep he's rapidly turning into... Sigh.

[This message has been edited by Shadowhawk (edited 08-03-2001).]

Posts: 80 | From: Phoenix, AZ, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maro_chik
Activist
Member # 4272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maro_chik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've only seen two episodes, but I must say, I'm starting to love the show, although I don't know exactly when it's on... I think it shows alot about life in high school, but not always accurate for some people, but for the most part, that's what I call reality TV.

------------------
"I like a man with rock in bum."
-Tom Green

Posts: 63 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like that show too, but I always forget that it's on. I hope they rerun it so I can watch the whole thing.

------------------
Useless Crap

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalalalalalala
Neophyte
Member # 3839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalalalalalala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the show, but I would always forget when it was on. Does anybody watch "Bug Juice"? I love that show even though it's like for younger kids. I don't care. "Freaks & Geeks" was such a good show; I wish it wasn't canceled.

Posts: 15 | From: USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cate
Activist
Member # 3634

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Cate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love that show! But I have only seen like 2 episodes! LOL!!!
I've watched bug juice. It makes me laugh when I hear the 13 years old go hes my boyfriend, she my girlfriend after knowing them for like a day! lol!
I've only seen like 4 episodes for freaks and geeks too but i like watching the reruns on fox family.

------------------
Cate!
Scarleteen Activist

*Mean People Suck*

Posts: 87 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.