Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » piercing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: piercing?
WinterDragon
Neophyte
Member # 4178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WinterDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1 more thing is not because im bored
is it really painfull getting a prince albert piercing(i know i didn't spell that right.and what a bout the eyebrow????

------------------
Dead I am the rat, feast upon the cat
Tender is the fur, dying as you purr

Posts: 17 | From: Rolla,Mo | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadowhawk
Activist
Member # 3425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadowhawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear God, are you CRAZY? I had a couple friends that got PA's. It's not pleasant, and I'll leave it at that. If you really want to know more, go run a Google Search. You'll find several sites describing it (bleeds a lot, hurts like no tomorrow, takes forever and a day to heal...).

Eyebrow on the other hand is survivable.

Posts: 80 | From: Phoenix, AZ, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've known a few people with PAs, but they were hardcore piercing fanatics, so when they say it "was just a little pinch" you might not want to believe them. A great website about bod mods is BME. I won't post the adress just because there is nudity (for genital piercing and such) and in ST past some people were complaining (just do a google search for BME or Body Modification E-zine, if you don't want to see any genital piercings, don't click on anything that says 'hardcore' or 'genital piercings', kay?).

You can't really ask if piercings hurt or not, because some people have a higher pain tolerance and some people have an entirely different definition of pain For the most part, piercings shouldn't be excruciatingly painful, though.

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

real poetry is all based on this old myth about this beautiful, scary, trippy goddess who the poet wants to possess but he always loses her to this shadowy other guy - Girl Goddess #9

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JunkiePanda
Activist
Member # 4006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkiePanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a friend of a friend has pierced his own penis over eight times, so i guess it depends on what tickles your pickle(so to speak)
Posts: 141 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towel42
Activist
Member # 3118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I thought I knew a decent amount about body piercing, but what -is- a Prince Albert piercing? I know I've heard the term before, but pleeeaase someone tell me!

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards...

"Ni! Ni! Niii!" -Monty Python & the Holy Grail

"Ennui is insufficient reason to commit suicide."
"Things seemed much less complicated...before we kept computers."
-Neil Gaiman

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WinterDragon
Neophyte
Member # 4178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WinterDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's a term for penis peircing (i dont know if i spelled those two right)

------------------
Dead I am the rat, feast upon the cat
Tender is the fur, dying as you purr

[This message has been edited by WinterDragon (edited 06-24-2001).]

Posts: 17 | From: Rolla,Mo | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be more specific (since there are MANY places on a penis that you can pierce), it's a piercing through the head of the penis, and usually has a CBR (captive ball ring) as the jewlery.

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

real poetry is all based on this old myth about this beautiful, scary, trippy goddess who the poet wants to possess but he always loses her to this shadowy other guy - Girl Goddess #9

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PixieDust
Activist
Member # 4003

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PixieDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
now about the eyebrow. I just got it done a week ago...It hurt maybe about as much as popping a pimple, and trust me, I am afraid of needles, and a wimp for pain. This is the only piercing I am going to get...but I do have to tell you that it's a pain keeping it clean...you have to clean it with Dial antibacterial liquid soap 3 times a day, everyday for a month. I have only gotten through a week, and it sucks, but is well worth it.
~Shandi

------------------
"We are the normal"-Johny Rznick

Posts: 86 | From: Las Vegas, NV, United States | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soma5bergeron
Neophyte
Member # 13453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soma5bergeron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the PA actually is one of the faster healing piercings (maybe little more than a month), as the penis gets a fair amount of bloof flow and urine acts like a saline rinse. My boyfriend's PA healed months faster than my nipple piercings. It does hurt very badly at first (but then again the PA was BF's first piercing EVER and he's a bit of a wimp when it comes to pain)- and the first day the piercing bleeds heavily. My boyfriend stopped bleeding about three days after getting pierced. Now he loves it, and when he's drunk he wants to show it off [Wink]

--------------------
thats the way the cookie crumbles

Posts: 3 | From: Indiana, US | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkeyboy
Neophyte
Member # 25339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeyboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there WinterDragon,

Just to start off with (and sorry for being pedantic), a Prince Albert piercing is a piercing which passes through the frenum at the base of the glans and into the urethra.

I've had a PA for around a year and a half now (I'm about 5 months shy of 20), and in my experience, a PA piercing, done by a professional (in a professional environment, of course), has been one of my LEAST painful piercings. The most uncomfortable part of my procedure was the alcohol swab (raw alcohol on the glans? Yeeew!), but really, that was just a weird sensation, rather than pain.

The other step of the procedure that might give you the willies (pun definately intended) is the receiveing tube, which is slid into the urethra to ensure you don't wind up with an apadravya instead (an apadravya passes all the way through the glans, rather than just through the lower section). For me, this felt like a strange pinch-like pressure, but again, it wasn't painful, just slightly uncomfortable.

The piercing itself was like a very fast pinch, accompanied by a huge rush of endorphins, and was over in a matter of seconds. The psychological lead up is seriously the worst part of the whole deal.

I found healing to be extremely fast and simple (no real bleeding, or pain), although you will probably have to adjust your peeing technique due to the piercing changing the shape of the urethra, either by sitting, or by changing grip completely.
You will probably also find that the piercing will stretch over time, due to elasticity of the tissue involved, the weight of the jewellery, and natural forces put on the piercing through any sexual activity, should you chose to engage in any. My piercing began at 10g (2.59mm), which is the minimum size I personally would reccommend for starting out, and am currently at 10mm, for my own comfort, and that of my partner.

Sorry for the lengthy response, but I hope I've provided enough information for you. If not, I'm sure i can point you in the right direction.

Posts: 11 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.