Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » I need some advice on guys........

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need some advice on guys........
mm16
Neophyte
Member # 3782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mm16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im at a loss to figure out how to catch a guys attention....
anyone with adcvice?
Dont be afraid to share it with me
mm

Posts: 1 | From: bend,or, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just be yourself! My advice may not be of much help, but that's all I can really say.

------------------
"Always shoot for the moon because even if you miss you'll land among the stars." -Unknown

[This message has been edited by CrazyGirl (edited 05-18-2001).]

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aquamarine
Activist
Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aquamarine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CrazyGirl said it best, really If you *don't* act like yourself in order to "catch a guy's attention," it would probably lead to some major problems later on with you and your guy. So be yourself, and be happy!
Posts: 87 | From: bay area & new england | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
golden101
Activist
Member # 3133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for golden101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup Crazy girl and Aquamarine are right. Acting like someone else *could* just complicate the relationship(if you started dating a guy). The guy wouldn't see you for who you really are and that's (your personality) what you want your guy to fall in love with ....you and not someone elses personality. So be yourself

[This message has been edited by golden101 (edited 05-19-2001).]

Posts: 227 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juice
Activist
Member # 3325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definatly just be yourself sweetie! You wouldn't wanna have a relationship with someone who didn't like the real you anyway! I'm sure you are wonderful person, so just be happy, friendly, kind and... YOURSELF (as we have already established )!

Jess

Posts: 45 | From: Toronto, Ontatio, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm, semaphore. that'll catch their eye. get those big colored flags and wave the boys down like military aircraft.

y'know what works, not only on guys, but just people in general? Go up and say hi. be confident (don't slouch or look like you want pity, that never works). And if you want to go out on a limb, you can be nice.

My current boyfriend picked up on me just by spotting me in a crowd. he came up and made small talk. we've been together for well over a year. see? it works.

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skaterdansgirl469
Neophyte
Member # 3780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skaterdansgirl469     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you dont have to flaunt yourself to get a guys attion but if you do what you do everyday, be yourself. and if he notices you he notices you for you not for being someone you are not. like if you play sports invite him to a game so he can see you on the feild, or if you are in classes together and you are good at it and you like it offer to have a litle study group together so he can get to know you and see how wonderful and sweet you really are!

------------------
sex is not the answer, yes is the answer, sex is the question!

Posts: 20 | From: crystal lake il. USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Gumdrop.

Remember those old, cheesy aftershave commercials? There was some Sean Connery lookalike who said, "Confidence is very sexy" and patted his manly jaw.

And it's true. A confident girl draws boys (or girls!) like honey draws ants. Be yourself plus. The worst thing that can happen is that a boy can turn you down; the best thing, a fantastic date and maybe a really wonderful boyfriend or girlfriend. Those sound like pretty good odds to me!

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Is love like the sweet, bitter taste of marmalade on burnt toast?"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ScarleteenGrl15
Neophyte
Member # 1671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScarleteenGrl15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a comment for the confidence. dont OVER-DO that. you could come off as untouchable or concieted. it happened to me once. thank god my friend told me i looked kinda cocky. if you have seen the MTV movie carmen.....DONT WALK LIKE HER! if you noticed she ends up looking kinda like a hoe. plus if there are a whole bunch of guys around you, your dream guy might walk right past.....
Posts: 28 | From: Easton, Pa, United States | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.