Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » A Weird Dream

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Weird Dream
Shadow Stalker
Activist
Member # 2516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Stalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the oddest dream a couple nights ago. (mods if this is the wrong forum my apologies in advance) I think it was a fragment at the end, but here's what I can remember in full detail:

I was running from something down a slight hill on to the grassy part of a baseball field. Except it was autumn suddenly and more in the evening. And for whatever reason, this *EXTREMELY* gorgeous black girl with green eyes was lying on the grass looking at me. (It got a little blurry at this point) I think she asked me to have sex with her, and I went closer to her (perhaps kneeling, I'm not sure)and lightly touched a breast, and with the sunlight angling on her so that she looked even more attractive! I was going to say "yes" (because I always say no in RL) when a very firm "NO." Came out of my mouth that didn't seem part of me.

At that, I started running away, really fast. A whole jumble of thoughts came through my mind that I can't remember very much. I was running around the parking lot at the safeway near my house. Then, I started to scream. I've never really screamed before. A really, really masculine loud scream of pure frustration erupted from my mouth. I saw people around me but no one seemed to be looking. What was so weird is that while screaming I was breathing too. I realized in my dream that I couldn't stop screaming. It felt so real too, I woke up right around then, and I'm still not sure if I was screaming or not while I was sleeping.

Any Interpretations or ideas what it might mean? One thing that stuck in my mind is that this is the first time I've ever had a dream with a black person in one period.

Edited 'cause I suck with bolds.

[This message has been edited by Shadow Stalker (edited 06-07-2001).]

Posts: 65 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think there's a problem with posting this, but I'm going to move it to the It's All About You forum, okay?
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Stalker
Activist
Member # 2516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Stalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok that's fine with me! =D
Posts: 65 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to pull out my trusty dream book and get back with you. But I'm not very good at interpertating an other persons dreams. I'll do my best

------------------
~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~
.:.Christine.:.
~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shadow, I wish I could give you an interpretation of your dream but I'm not Freud. Why don't you try going here:

Ask the DreamDoctor - Dream Interpretation and Analysis

I looked around and there's a dream dictionary, message board, and you could even submit your dream for analysis. Good luck and if you find out anything interesting, let us know.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should point out that the best interpretation of your dream isn't going to come from a book or website -- it's going to come from you. You are actually inside your head and have something of an idea of how your mind works; a book or website isn't.

So think. What do black people bring to mind? Have your opinions about them changed recently? Have you interacted with one (or many) recently? Could anything in the dream be indicative of your current general emotional state; or of your fears and hopes at the moment? What about the green eyes; do the color green or do green eyes mean anything to you? Seen any black people with green eyes lately (yep, they exist, I've seen one)? What're your feelings on sex? What're your feelings on attraction to and sex with females? How did the setting of the dream make you feel? Were any of the things in your dream things that popped up in your waking life recently (however unimportant they actually are)? What do you think that standing in a crowd full of people screaming while no one looks at you means? Have you had other dreams similar to this one; if so, what do you think they meant? What was your emotional state at the time you had that dream or dreams?

Think about it. Your attitudes toward the different components of the dream could give you an idea of what the dream means. If you're scared of sex, for example, the dream could be saying that you're trying to face some sort of fear (not necessarily sex) and failing. Symbols and themes from earlier dreams that crop up in your current dream, when you already know what emotions and/or situations those symbols and themes correspond to in your waking life, can be helpful, as symbols and themes can stay fairly constant as to what they represent. And finally, sometimes things in your waking life can pop up in your dreams not because they're important, but because they were on your mind (for however brief a period) at some point recently when you were awake.

How do you know if your intepretation is right? It'll feel right; the dream will make some sort of sense.

This -- asking questions about what the things in the dream mean to you -- is the best way to analyze your dreams, in my opinion.

Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JunkiePanda
Activist
Member # 4006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkiePanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sounds to me like you got some frustration you didn't know you had.
Posts: 141 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know there is a danger in over analysing a dream. No one really knows what they are and mine are usually just an odd mixture of what I think about during the day. They may have some kind of meaning, but its the sort of meaning you probably already know anyway. Though if you want Freud's interpretation, he would probably say you secretly want to have sex with your mother (He said that about just about everyone).
Posts: 711 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.