Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Don't Leave Home Without 'Em! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Don't Leave Home Without 'Em!
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So every day, before I leave my apartment and venture out into the world, there are certain things I simply must have with me.

I have to bring my entire catalogue of CD's, so I can listen to good tunes in the car. Even though sometimes my commute is less than a half-hour, I still like knowing I can select from any CD I want if the radio gets boring.

If I am going to hang out with friends, or doing something of an otherwise interesting nature, I'll make sure to grab my camera. Half the time I never even use it, but again I like knowing that I can take pictures of things if I feel like it.

And then, of course, the all-important chapstick. I cannot live without chapstick. Aside from my wallet and keys, there is nothing more important than a little tube of chapstick to keep me happy.

So what about you? What sorts of things must you have before you are all ready to leave the house and take on the day?

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
keys, money, lipgloss. in that order. i check my pockets before stepping out of my apartment. but it goes without saying that i am wearing a watch. i could forget my pants, but i'd still be wearing a wris****ch.

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that's a very interesting censure.

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
that's a very interesting censure.

hahahah you're kidding! I've never seen that before! LOL

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh geez. That is really funny. Now I can't stop grinning.

I must have my handphone and my wallet with my keys in them. That's it. I travel really light.

I bring a huge tote and I dump two things in it. All my friends think I am insane.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW, hmmmm.

My keys, my purse, my makeup..hairbrush...

my boyfriend...hehe j.k

I think thats all I need...I cant think of them off the top of my head, only when i am rushing around....

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I rarely leave the house without tons of stuff. I usually need a backpack.
-my journal(poetry sometimes pops up out of nowhere and I get really annoyed if I don't have anywhere to write it down)
-my keys
-my wallet(money, emergency numbers, id, fake id, student subway/bus pass)
-condoms(never leave home without 'em! no, really, they're for my crazay friends who constantly come running up to me asking if I have condoms, and of course I do)
-flavored lip gloss, either vanilla or grapefruit
-my cell phone(ick, I know, but I'm actually not allowed be farther than thirty feet away from my parents without it)
-my beeper(see above)
-my watch

------------------
Limes Are Sublime

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neato topic!

Let's see, the usual stuff in my purse: wallet, keys, lipgloss with SPF, condoms, astro, and a pen. Then I have to have my sunglasses. It's too freaking sunny in south Florida for me to go anywhere without my sunglasses. If I'm in a car, whether I'm driving or not, I need my sunglasses. It's just too bright to see properly.

I think that's about it.

------------------
"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."
--Calvin&Hobbes

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't take anything with me, if I can help it. But, if I do have to carry a bag around, it'll have in it a housekey (A stolen housekey even, because despite the fact that I'm eighteen, my mother still doesn't trust me with a housekey. My mother is insane.), a bit of money (in case I need to call home), and chapstick (because dry lips bother me to no end).
Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My bag is full of silly things which I never use, but can't leave the house without:

• A roadmap of Auckland City. I don't live there, and have only been there twice.
  • Eyeliner - though I don't wear makeup.
  • A maglite torch. And a cheaper plastic torch I don't mind losing
  • Three lighters and a packet of matches
  • Bottle opener

Then theres the more obvious stuff which I depend on day to day:

• Pens and paper incase I get inspired
  • My keys - I have mild OCD and check at least three times before I leave the house
  • My swipey security card for work
  • Cellphone
  • Paper clips and safety pins

OK. I really got to see my therapist. It looks so much worse written down!

entropie

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The almighy Carmax!

Keys (house keys, no car)

Money

Something that says Princess on me

Tampons (even if I don't need them someone else will!)

and my nifty school ID.

I'm kinda slow, why did it censor wris****ch? If that is what it was...

------------------
~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~
.:.Christine.:.
~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wallet, checkbook or debit card, carseat, diaper bag, Evan, stroller, cellphone, Aquafresh gum, something with which to tie back my hair.

------------------
And there's nothing I can do, as I realize with fright, the spider-man is having me for dinner tonight!

Yet Another Online Diary

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LMAO! OMG i've never laughed so hard in ... Oh ... 24 hrs Good ol' Heather and her censoring

Hmm ... I take as little w/ me as i can. My wallet, keys, tampons, lipgloss, bank card, change for a phone call, ... and ... I think that's it. Oh and i always have candy of some sort in my purse. Something to suck on or chew (gum, maybe) to keep me occupied. What do you call people who can't sit still? I'm one of them!

------------------
For I am a bear of very little brain and long words bother me.
~ Winnie the Pooh

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daisyluv
Activist
Member # 446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daisyluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my purse goes
-my wallet
-keys
-chapstick
-hairtie
-lipstick
-pen
-mini flashlight (for walking home from work late at night)
-bottle of juice (i'm not a big fan of lots of water just doesn't taste right)

------------------
"My father who art in Hell
Lestat be thy Name."
-Claudia, Tale of the Body Theif

Posts: 123 | From: My House, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rdavid
Activist
Member # 3041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rdavid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ha ha! wris****ch! *giggle*

Always must have:
- wallet, left back pocket
- keys, clipped to front right belt loop (or left, if I'm feeling saucy) (well, okay, *one* key. and a bonus card for my local grocery store)
- lighter
- a belt, because I lost a bunch of weight and now none of my pants fit
- the bottle cap I have that says "FREE 20 OZ COCA COLA PRODUCT" on it, just in case I find a Participating Retailer

If I've got a Metro ride to look forward to, I'll bring a bookbag full of eclectic reading material (Neal Stephenson, "Postmodernism for Beginners," Maxim, Pat Califia's latest book o' smut) and/or a Discman.

and oddly enough, I never wear a watch.

------------------
riot boy! smgeek.diaryland.com
(read all of my sordid secrets. well, not really.)

Posts: 47 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, on a normal weekday I go to Uni, so I usually take:
-house keys
-wallet (money, ID, credit card, public transport pass, some useless papers and stuff)
-hair brush
-passionberry-flavored lipgloss (although I've lost it and haven't had a chance to buy a new one)
-small bag with pens and writing material
-calculator (if I have Accounting lesson that day)
-something to tie my hair, specially now that it's so hot
-paper to write and usually some notes from previous lessons or books

That should be it... when I go out just take out the "school" things

------------------
~Sallynha

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AH HA, I figured out something else. My pager, cant leave home without that one!!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know what I keep thinking reading over the topic list when I read the subject line of this thread:

"Don't leave home without EM!" (Emsily that is)

Is this a hint Dan, that your desire for Bep is already fading again?

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 05-29-2001).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
btw: I am like Linnie, big bag and nothing in there but keys and wallet and lippie (and my sunnies are on my head, most of the time).
Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol alaska!

it confused me at first too

dan, what say you?

em

------------------
if you want to kiss the sky, you better learn how to kneel (on your knees, boy) -U2

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

quote:
Originally posted by emsily0:
dan, what say you?

Yikes! You got me there, tiger...my error Heeheee...pure accident, I swear.

And Alaska! Behave thyself!

glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

WHAT?! Danny are you after everyone at scarleteen?! BaD BoY!!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*

Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Glitter695 wrote

quote:
WHAT?! Danny are you after everyone at Scarleteen?! BaD BoY!!

And Danny isn't even from Utah!

------------------
The most exciting phrase in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" ("I found it!") but rather "Hmmm... that's funny...."

- Isaac Asimov

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 05-29-2001).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cypher
Activist
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Goodness me, there are just hormones flying all over this thread! Naughty advocates!

Good for a laugh, though.

Danny's just after everyone. We all know it!

But, to put my two on-topic cents in:

Brush
Wallet
Lipgloss
Minimal makeup
Feminine products (a-HEM!) - just in case
Boyfriend (in tow)
Cell phone

That's about it, I think.

------------------
Smile, though your heart is breaking....

My crazy little universe....

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there....
With open arms and open eyes...."

-Incubus

Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
::SuperMary flies in and saves Danny from the center of giggling Scarleteeners::

Yes, he may have started the most controversial thread (thanks to Gummy's wrsi****ch), and he may be the biggest playah in the history of Scarleteen, but he deserves a chance! LOL.

Just for fun: My friend and I decided to unite the words "get water". Ahem, "ge****er!" And does the word a$$ get censored? What if I say the word pass? Hmmm... What else can I say? My computer has "eigh****ts" (eight watts). Hee hee! Okay, okay, enough fooling around.

I can't leave the house without:

-LipSmackers
-Cell phone
-sunglasses (just not during winter)

They're a must have!

------------------
Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

"Well, I use fertilizer and a new product I got at The Home Depot."

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Danny, quit hitting on everybody again!

Anyway, I never leave home without my CD player. It's this really cool Sport CD player: it has a handle; you could go running and it wouldn't skip. It's awesome and I bring it everywhere. The same goes for my hairbrushes. I always have one with me! I'm not vain at all, but I just like to have it for some reason!

I also have a bunch of useless stuff in my purse:

-Flavored chapstick
-a pen
-papers
-hair bands
-a hairbrush
-a keychain
-this type of gum that's supposedly good for your teeth
-pads, because someone ALWAYS ends up needing one
-This is going to sound really bizarre, but Canadian money. I got it when I was visiting a friend in Canada, and I was too lazy to exchange it!
-a disposable camera

OK, so I'm weird!

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

"Wow, someone slept in sex ed!"

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

LOL

See what happens when I try to start a nice, innocent thread?

For a guy who got cruelly dumped by his long-term girlfriend a few months back, this thread is quite flattering. You guys are the best!

glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

So you WERE flirting?? Shame Shame Danny Boy!! J.K

Beware all girl scarleteeners!! Danny on the prowl!! HEHE

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*

Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In today's bag (which I "borrowed" from my mom for the day but will end up keeping cause it's the perfect summer tote type bag):

-wallet
-car key
-sunglasses (will be on my head as soon as I let it down)
-ttle pouch with lip balm and compact, which I won't ever touch up with during the day
-gum
-grocery list (just for today only)
-phone (need it if am leaving 15 ft range of parents)

That's it..seems like alot, hmm.

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, danny, timming and you might have to set some ground rules if you're going to come see me in Chicago. Scarleteen playah. hehehehe.

though from your blog it sounds like I'm your brother's type anyway. ;]

What I don't leave home without:
-Dr Pepper-flavored or pink lemonade (lemmingade!) LipSmackers lip balm
-Dr Pepper ;]
-my watch
-my Chococat purse and wallet (yay, Sanrio!)
-my peridot ring
-earrings!

I'm not high-maintenance... ;P

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Is love like the sweet, bitter taste of marmalade on burnt toast?"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

quote:
Originally posted by lemming:
well, danny, timming and you might have to set some ground rules if you're going to come see me in Chicago. Scarleteen playah. hehehehe.

Oy...this gets better and better. Et tu, lemming?

Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What must I have with me before I leave the house? Let me think.... In no particular order:

1. Money (just in case I find something cool to buy)

2. Lipgloss

3. Ink pen (you never know when you may need to write something down)

4. My sticky-film camera- I ALWAYS have kodak moments that fail to get captured on film.

5. My albuterol inhaler. Breathing is always my first option. *hehehe*

6. My sketchbook

There you have it. Everything that I have ever HAD to take with me everywhere I go. Of course, the inhaler one is always first on my list, since I have moderately bad asthma.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Lucky's new (and improved) homepage

"At one point we decided to fight fire with fire. Well...basically...your house burned even faster."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mary: here in Montreal, we have a subway station called A****er (At water). And yes, the signs have been vandalized by scratching out the A and er.
Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see.

If I'm just going out, in my purse:

* all my medications, since I have to take them once a day, so they might as well go along for the ride

* sunglasses (prescription)

* wallet

* house keys

* palm pilot

* pens

If I'm going to school, I put my purse in my backpack, which contains:

* box of pens, cartridges, rubber bands, paper cutter, post it notes

* schoolbooks

* big plastic organizer full of school stuff

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostcat
Activist
Member # 3295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostcat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wris****ch, haha

anyhow, in my messenger bag (yes, i use that as a purse) i normally keep:

- car keys and apartment keys
- my wallet (filled with my debit card, credit card, student ID card, drivers license, a few dollars and other essentials)
- sunglasses, and a glasses case (for my regular glasses, when i put on my sunglasses... me= blind girl who hates contacts.)
- my cell phone
- lip gloss
- condoms (because hey, you never know...)
- a notebook that i draw in whenever inspiration strikes
- a novel
- various pens, pencils, and art materials (heh)
- my discman
- quite a few cd's

there's probably other things, but they're so obvious that i can't even think of them...

------------------
"i need to wash myself again to hide all the dirt and pain, 'cos i'd be scared that there's nothing underneath"- radiohead

Posts: 73 | From: chicago, il, usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.