Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » "Lions and Tigers and Bears - Oh My!"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Lions and Tigers and Bears - Oh My!"
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C'mon, you know you use them! What are your favorite lines and phrases from movies? Are there lines that you said perhaps when you were little that you would just die if you heard yourself say today? Or do people around you recite lines that you just can't help but giggle at? "I'll be back" (Terminator) was a popular line for a loooooong time. What is overused, outdated, and just plain funny to hear when used today?

------------------
"Always shoot for the moon because even if you miss you'll land among the stars." -Unknown

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best line from a movie? Depending on what mood I'm in.

Tom Cruise's line from "Risky Business" is great, but not publishable on this site

My other favorite came from the movie "PCU," where the Stoners are playing frisbee until a small dog runs off with their toy.

Stoner 1: "Duuuuuuuude....that heinous beast made off with our 'bee!"

Stoner 2: "Duuuuuuuude!!! Let's go smoke something...."

I am not into drugs or anything, but they completely crack me up every time I see that clip on TV.

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock ..."

Orson Welles as Harry Lime in "The Third Man". Directed by Carol Reed, script by Graham Greene. I will never forget the first time I heard that.

------------------
The most exciting phrase in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" ("I found it!") but rather "Hmmm... that's funny...."

- Isaac Asimov

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 05-03-2001).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuu
Activist
Member # 742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryuu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Ezekial 25:17: 'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, sheperds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truely his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.'"

Posts: 82 | From: Colorado, US | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlinkN*boys182
Activist
Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlinkN*boys182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Ahhh this Yohoo is good, you know what eles is good? Yohoo with a little rum."
-"whats rum?"
"you dont know what rum is?"
-"rumplstilkin?"
"yeah rumplstilkins a good man, and so are you guys, stay clean, stay focased, Frankenstin have fun with your friends. I'll see you when you get home"

WOOOHOOO i love the movie Big Daddy! me and my freinds will say these lines over and over and they never where out.
Abby

------------------
When a player makes a play, hes considerd a pro; when a girl take a turn shes considerd a hoe

watch out i spell like a 2nd grader!!

Posts: 60 | From: over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Maichael Cain, The Italian Job (I think, he plays the same character in so many films.

"Dodge this" from the Matrix is used just before a food fight breaks out at our school.

Posts: 711 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse"
-Marlon Brando - The Godfather-

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because all of my friends are 'Gamers', we stick with the old standards:

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." (From the Princess Bride)

"THIS IS MY BOOM STICK!" (Bruce Cambell, from Army of Darkness)

That speech that Samuel L. Jackson does in Pulp Fiction (quoted above) is also really popular (and is the catchphrase for my assassin-type character).

And last, certainly not least, from Three Kings-
"Are we shootin' people? Are we shootin' people or what here?"

Posts: 140 | From: Saskatoon, SK, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remembered more! One's from Jurassic Park:
"Faster...faster. Must...go...faster."

"I'm the better person!" It's a satirical thing my friends came up with when, at a movie, two were arguing. The first one apologized, and after the other did, the first said, "HA! I apologized first! I'm the better person!"
It has since blossomed into a generalized phrase. Most recently, last night, when Tina won Survivor, I got to say it. "I'm right! You're wrong! I'm the better person!"

Posts: 140 | From: Saskatoon, SK, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't call this my favorite movie quote but I surely like it alot. Good Will Hunting should have won Best Picture that year, instead of that big sinking boat movie. It's really long but very funny.

"Why shouldn't I work for the N.S.A.? That's a tough one, but I'll give it a shot. Say I'm working at N.S.A. Somebody puts a code on my desk, something nobody else can break. So I take a shot at it and maybe I break it. And I'm real happy with myself, because I did my job well. But maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East. Once they have that location, they bomb the village where the rebels were hiding and fifteen hundred people I never had a problem with get killed. Now the politicians are saying, "Send in the marines to secure the area" because they don't give a s***. It won't be their kid over there, getting shot. Just like it wasn't them when their number was called, because they were pulling a tour in the National Guard. It'll be some guy from Southie taking shrapnel in the a**. And he comes home to find that the plant he used to work at got exported to the country he just got back from. And the guy who put the shrapnel in his a** got his old job, because he'll work for fifteen cents a day and no bathroom breaks. Meanwhile my buddy from Southie realizes the only reason he was over there was so we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price. And of course the oil companies used the skirmish to scare up oil prices so they could turn a quick buck. A cute little ancillary benefit for them but it ain't helping my buddy at two-fifty a gallon. And naturally they're taking their sweet time bringing the oil back, and maybe even took the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to drink martinis and play slalom with the icebergs, and it ain't too long until he hits one, spills the oil and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic. So my buddy's out of work and he can't afford to drive, so he's got to walk to the job interviews, which sucks because the schrapnel in his a** is giving him chronic hemorroids. And meanwhile he's starving because every time he tries to get a bite to eat the only blue plate special they're serving is North Atlantic scrod with Quaker State. So what do I think? I'm holding out for something better. Why not just shoot my buddy, take his job and give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard? I could be elected president."

I love this movie.

------------------
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.

[This message has been edited by SlowCookie (edited 05-04-2001).]

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juice
Activist
Member # 3325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Why are you smiling?"
"Because there is something you do not know... I am not left handed!"
*sound of swords clashing*
"Why are YOU smiling?"
"Because there is something YOU do not know, I am also not left handed!"
*clashing agian*

-The Princess Bride

Yay Laughs_Wisely! That's my FAVOURITE movie of all time!!!

Jess

Posts: 45 | From: Toronto, Ontatio, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! How could I have forgotten about The Princess Bride? That is truly, the best movie ever made =)

"We'll never make it through here alive!"

"You're just saying that because nobody ever has!"

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 09-27-2002).]

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bobo: I dig 'The Third Man" very cool. And yes, that particular line said by Welles was notable

But I submit for your approval, the entire script of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
especially the Castle Antrax scene:

"...you must tie her down to a bed and spank her!
A spanking! A spanking!
and after the spanking, the ORAL SEX!
Oral sex!"

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire
Activist
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yo uve all written some kick arse quotes in here but thsi is a good one that me and mine say when we have nuthing else ot say its ofmr monty pythons the holy grail!! ( i absolutely worship monty python!)
"are you suggesting that cocunuts migrate??"
ahh classic i love that
and from the lion king timon says it
"whaddayawant me to do?? Dress in drag and do the hula?? HULA!"
umm and jawbreaker has sum pretty cool quotes none of which come to mind rite now..
oh well wat can ya do?
and dogma.. dogma has sum pretty cool quotes ( that has to be my all time fave movie. along with the emperors new groove and other assorted disney classics monty pythons and adam sandler movies) i go for comedy. great **** .
oh well i think uve had enuff of my blabbing on for now! tata
Claire

Posts: 82 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire
Activist
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK i just thought of it!! the best line ever .
its in my all time fave movie ( this one really is it) called gen 13 and its about genetically modified teens and stuff. heaps mad.
and its
"whoa ure like my dude in shining armour!" gotta love it.
ohhhh i love that movie so much

Posts: 82 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlirtieGirlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn"

Gone With The Wind is my absolute favorite movie of all time!!

"My name.....is MUERTE!! Not Morty, MUERTE!! For Death!!"

I don't knwo how many people have seen Undercover Blues, but it is the silliest movie, I crack up every time I watch it!

------------------
Kids in the backseat cause accidents. Accidents in the backseats cause kids! (So be careful!)

Posts: 141 | From: The Bolton Ghetto, Mass. :-) | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cate
Activist
Member # 3634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the movie Forrest Gump so,
"Run, Forrest, Run!!!"
and of course
"Life is like a box of chocolates, never know what ya gonna get!!!"

------------------
Cate!

Posts: 87 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clav
Activist
Member # 678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clav     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yay! I love Monty Python! I have "Running away eh? You yellow b*stard" from the black knight scene playing whenever I turn my PC off. Although IMO Life of Brian is better
Anyway, fave film quote. None of you have mentioned Star Wars yet! So i will:
"Do or do not. There is no try" (Yoda)
And, from Austin Powers 2:
"That means I'm single again! Yeah baby!" (just after Vanessa blows up)
Calvin

Posts: 54 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I am Sancho! Are you Sancho? No, you are not Sancho!" - Orgazmo.

"You're smokin' labrador, man!" - Cheech and Chong's Next Movie.

"69, dude!" - Bill and Ted.

------------------
Hersband

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Claire: A movie called Gen13? Are any of the characters named Grunge, Caitlyn, Bobby, Roxy or Sarah?

(Crosses fingers and prays)

pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transexual Transylvania........Why don't you come up to the lab and see what's on the slab......"

If I weren't so lazy, I would seriously type the whole dialouge from RHPS in here. I know everything .

I also like "It took us 5 Adam's to fgure that one out," from Dogma.

------------------
Best body type for a man? Chunky style. With extra gravy

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.