Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Should I have did this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I have did this?
Poohbear785
Neophyte
Member # 3354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poohbear785     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Theres this girl who started talking really mean about my friend on the bus one day, saying her eyes were crooked and she was trash, etc.

Anyway, my friend cried really bad about it and made her stop riding the school bus. This made me so angry.

I found out the girls screen name online who talked bad about my friend. I made up this guy screen name and talked really bad to her. Since I know what her name is and a little about her and her friends, I made it sound pretty believeable on the things I said to her(things like she wears too much eyemake up, which she does).

The next day she got on and said she was sorry and throughout the days of me being mean to her she kept asking my name and I would never tell her. I told her my name doesn't matter, and then she started saying she was going to church trying to be forgived for talking bad about people. I told her the only way to be forgived was to stop talking bad about others and she was like whatever.

Anyway, she made me feel bad because she brought God up and said I was going to hell and things like that. When it comes to God, I start shaking because I love him so much...but I didn't feel sorry for being mean to her because I felt I was giving her a dose of her own medicine.

Well, in conclusion, I would like to know if what I did was really wrong, if I should have never did it and if I will be forgived by God for doing this...

Please reply.

Posts: 11 | From: Huntsville, AL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baptist
Activist
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baptist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was wrong for her to say such things and it was equally wrong for you to have said such things. All of us at one time or another have felt so much anger that we go astray of what God wants us to do. The right thing to do would have been to tell her how much she hurt your friend and that her actions were not those of a Christian. Do not worry about seeking revenge for the Bible tells us that God will deal with such people when their time comes.

If you ask for forgiveness, then God will forgive you. You can always talk to Him and He will always be there for you. Remember how much He loves you and that He wants to forgive you. All you have to do is ask.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

--John 3:16

Posts: 232 | From: Woodbridge, Virginia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From a non religious perspective, what you guys did was equally wrong (wow Baptist!).

To make things right with this girl, confess to her, and apologize. But that doesn't mean she gets off scott-free. Just because she has begged forgiveness from god, doesn't mean everything alright. She should also apologize to your friend. And, if you want forgiveness from god, do the same-go to church, confession, whatever you can do until you feel better.

And next time, avoid people like her who piss you off altogether.

------------------
Sin by thy lips? Oh trespass sweetly urged, give me my sin again!

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diva2000
Neophyte
Member # 3353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diva2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it was really right, but sometimes you have have to do things like that to stop people from doing things like that.
Posts: 37 | From: Chicago,Il,USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.