Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Cancer, Moving, Ballet, & the Prom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cancer, Moving, Ballet, & the Prom
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a week! For everything that is going on, I am incredibly calm. (Is something wrong with me??) First of all, doctors found some spots in my mother's breast that they don't like, so she went in for testing yesterday. They still couldn't decide what it was, so she just left about half an hour ago for more tests. I am a bit nervous, but everyone's gut level instinct seems to be that it's not cancerous.

Next, as some of you know living here for me has been like living in hell (& I have the scars to prove it)! Well, it appears my parents have finally had enough! If all goes as planned, we're moving at the end of May.

Since we're moving, I can begin ballet once we get settled! I've talked to the studio, and many students and everything looks so wonderful! I am so excited about this!!

And last but not least, the prom. I have not been asked by a guy, but a friend of mine said that a bunch of her friends are dateless and going together, and would I like to go to. I am a home schooler, so unless I get asked or invited to go, I will not get to have the whole prom experience. I want to go.

Geez, there's a whole lot more going on in my life right now, but there isn't enough time or space to write about them right now, so I'll go.

Thanks for listening

------------------
"Always shoot for the moon because even if you miss you'll land among the stars." -Unknown

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, first of all, no there's nothing wrong with you.

For your mom, I understand what you might feel. My mom is sick with something doctors don't know (she loses conscience with no reason). So I guess you should be close to your mom in these moments. If doctors think it isn't that bad then it shouldn't be. Just wait 'til it's sure.

For the moving part, I've never moved but I guess it's quite an experience from what people say. I hope you'll like your new place.

For the scars, try to control yourself on that. After all, it's only hurting you and still, it doesn't "really" relieve your pain about the situation. Try to go out with friends, hang out and have a nice time.

For the ballet I wish you the best of luck. A friend of mine used to do it but sadly she hurt her knee and now she isn't able to do it anymore but if you're going into it then I wish you the best because it's quite hard to succeed in that.

For the prom, I ask you to not worry too much. I wasn't asked either and we went only in a group of friends. Didn't minded us and still we had a great time. Most of us didn't had a date and didn't get asked to. Try to go out with your friend you told us about. You might just end up having a great time with her and her friends.

And to finish this post, let me tell ya that your signature is just great. Very poetic and really nice.

Hope you'll soon feel fine.

Sincerely,
David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you conpletely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kudos for keeping your head on straight!!

First of all ... don't jump to conclusions. Be glad that she did go for her annual appts and (probably) did her own breast exams ... They're there for a reason huh? It could be a cyst or something along those lines. As the great Hanne would say, spit happens

I'm a newbie too!! Well not really ... I've lived w/ my Dad, in a really small town (I'm a big city kinda gal), for about 6 months now. It takes a lot of time getting used to ... being in a new place and making new friends and stuff, but it gets better.

Ya know ... I had a really bad nite last nite, and i almost cut myself. And today, i held my head up high, b/c i didn't. I feel so much better after getting about 4 hrs sleep and spending the rest of the nite crying ... Only b/c i know that it took a lot of guts and courage for me NOT to cut. Try that. Have a good cry. Think of the consequences of your actions (ie., scaring, hospital {that would be the biggie for me!!}) ...

I've always wanted to do ballet, but i don't think i have the leg strenth for it. And i'm not really a tutu kinda girl

I'm only in gr 11 right now, so I don't get to go to the prom yet ... I don't think. My bf is in gr 13, but I don't even know if he's going or not. It's already April and he hasn't brought it up ... Is that a bad thing? hehe

Best of luck hun

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*long sigh of relief* It's NOT cancer!! We got a call from the doctor and my Mom is fine.

Thanks for your support!

P.S. I didn't cut. Yay for me!

------------------
"Always shoot for the moon because even if you miss you'll land among the stars." -Unknown

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad things worked out for you, hun

Aaand ... Congrats for not cutting. I know how hard it is

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.