Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Playlist

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Playlist
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In light of a few other threads, I thought it might be nice to have one reccomending some really excellent music or musicians people like. Given the way record labels and mainstream radio works, the truth (sadly) of the matter is that really good musicians rarely get heard because it's harder to market an excellent musician than a more pliable, marketable one. As a trained musician, I always feel it's really important for people to hear a wide range of music, and to be exposed to very skilled and original musicians.

So, here are a few things that have been in my CD drive lately I thought some of you might enjoy.

Shakira, Donde esta los ladrones?
Shakira is basically Cuba's answer to incredible feamle pop music. If you mixed up Ani DiFranco and Alanis Morisette, turned down the angst and put it in Spanish, you might wind up with Shakira.

Jeff Buckey, Grace
Sadly, Jeff Buckley died a year and some ago in an accident, but he made incredible music and had one of the widest male vocal ranges I have ever heard in popular music.

Ani DiFranco
Anything by Ani is worth hearing. I've been following her music since the early nineties, and while I prefer some of her earlier albums best, I do like them all. She's an incredibly skilled musician with a great attitude.

Fatboy Slim, Better Living Thorugh Chemistry or You've Come a Long Way, Baby
Fatboy Slim does techno/eclectica fabulously, and it is GREAT dance music, or just something to rev you up when your mood is dragging.

Fiona Apple[ -- either of her two albums
As far as young female singers who really do have talent go, Fiona is pretty much the cream of the crop, IMO.

Tin Hat Trio
Anything by Tin Hat Trio is incredible. They do mainly instrumental music, a combination of strings and a few eclectic instruments, and it's very moody music with a slightly tango-feeling to it. Excellent music for a dinner date.

Shannon Curfman, Loud Guitars, Big Suspicions
Here is another young artist (she recorded this at 13) who really kicks butt big time. Somewhat bluesy, she sounds a little like a young Bonnie Raitt and has amazing vocal power.

So, that's what I can think of right now that I think most of you would enjoy as an alternative to some of the more mainstream offerings.

Anyone else?

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm into:

Play, by Moby

In Deep, Tina Arena

Marcus Krause
He wrote a song about Gillian Anderson and it's addictive...not famous tho.

Winnie :0)

------------------
Keeper of:
Scully's bra (EA)
Mulders Wheelchair (SE)
Scene where S tells Sk she's pregnant. (Req)
Scully's green suede jacket (Unn)

Member of GAWS

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The new Shawn Colvin album, Whole New You.

Realy, really good for what I'm feeling right now.

Everything else is coming off Mp3 playlist, most of which is CDs that I own that I ripped, and its' currently at 40 hours right now. I have it set on random play, so it'll go from Indigo Girls to Lo Fidelity All Stars to Bach.

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exit seraphim
Activist
Member # 2566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exit seraphim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'd agree with Ani and Fiona

Dave Matthews Band - [Crash, Under the Table and Dreaming, Before These Crowded Streets, Live at Luther College etc etc]

Dave Matthews, as well as Carter Beauford, Leroi Moore, Boyd Tinsley Stefan Lessard make up this amazing band. They are so prolific and have such a unique lovely calming sound. So amazing...i can't ever get enough...sucha dmbjunkie.

Being a musician....i get totally inspired listening to them.

Everyone...should also listen to...

Stravinsky's Rite of Spring
Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue
Copland's Overture to Candide
Resphigi's Pines of Rome
Holtz's Suite in Eb
cos well...i love classical...

ANYONE WHO LIVES IN THE NYC AREA...GO SEE BLAST! It's like drum corps meets broadway. marchingband on stage...sooo amazing. it really is. go see it. you will enjoy it.

-justine

------------------
have i been wrong?
have i been wise?
to shut my eyes and play along?

Posts: 142 | From: H*Ton, NY | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Currently in rotation on my CD player:

Kiri Te Kanewa - Maori Songs
A great soprano goes back to her roots.

Norbert Kraft - Guitar Concertos
Concierto de Aranjuez (Rodrigo), Guitar Concerto (Villa Lobos), Guitar Concerto No.1 (Castelnuovo-Tedesco)
Great performances by a rising Canadian star.

Shostakovich: Symphony No. 7 "Leningrad"
St. Petersberg Philharmonic cond. by Vladimir Ashekenazy
A great concert pianist takes up a conductor's baton to lead a peformance of great sorrow and beauty in the city in and for which it was written.

------------------
The most exciting phrase in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" ("I found it!") but rather "Hmmm... that's funny...."

- Isaac Asimov

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely topic.

I listen to a really wide variety of music, lots of it coming from my guy’s homecountry, Australia….so here some recommendations:

Gomez - “Liquid Skin”
The second album by the Brits offers a good view on what those guys are best at – simply damn good music that really doesn’t want to fit into any real scheme. “Blues” (the real kind, not R&B) fits pretty well sometimes, but then, they also use electronics on their EP “machismo”. Gomez are best live, so if you ever get a chance to see them, hurry to get tickets, those guys have fun at their concerts.
Songs to check out: “Blue Moon Rising”, “Rosalita” and “We haven’t turned around”, which was featured on the “American Beauty” Soundtrack.

Powderfinger – “Odysee #5”
While this Aussie band finally went very commercial with their latest album, it’s still good music, melodic, well done.
Songs to check out: “My kind of Scene”, “The day you come” (from the much better album “Internationalist”)

Something for Kate – “Beautiful Sharks”
Another not so well known Aussie band that delivers good, hand-made, multi-layered guitary-music with great lyrics.
Songs to check out:”Beautiful Sharks”, “Back to you”

Directions in Groove – DIG
This EP by the Aussie Acid Jazz Project “Directions in groove” shows well what they do best – very nice 90’s style Acid Jazz. Grooooove.
Songs to check out: “Heaven on earth”

tab two – “Between us”
On their third album, this German acid Jazz duo added some more spice to their music by having Sandie Wallsch come in for some vocals. She adds another dimension to their music and adds “tranquility”, if that makes sense. Lovely.
Songs to check out: “No way no war”, “Between us”

Endorphin – “Skin”
Great electronics album by French-gone-Aussie DJ Endorphin. Simply fabulous. Excellent if you’ve listened to your “Fatboy Slim” and “Moby” albums one too many times.

Kruder & Dorfmeister – “The K&D sessions”
This Austrian DJ Duo is yet another alternative to all those DJ albums you’ve gotten enough off already.

The Avalanches – “Since I left you”
This Melbourne formation makes awesome, awesome multi-layered, partly very funny, sampled, melodic remixes. Still good, even though MTV Europe has discovered them and started showing their videos.
Songs to check out:”Frontier psychiatrist”, “Since I left you”

Alex Lloyd – “Black the Sun”
Yet another good act coming out of Australia. Alex Lloyd makes partly electronically enhanced guitar heavy songs with good lyrics. He was the warm up for Gomez on their last Aussie tour, and it was only him, his guitar and his voice and it rocked. Very much. Very sad and very good.
Songs to check out:”My way home”, “Snow”

Augie March – “Sunset Studies”
Sunset Studies is “Augie March’s” debut album. As the Melbournians proclaim themselves, this album will give you “a narcotic sonic adventure with unexpected twists and turns, meditative jams and glorious melodic moments.”. Do I need to say more? It simply is one glorious album.
Songs to check out:”There’s no such place”, “Asleep in perfection”

Tex Perkins – “Dark Horses”
Tex Perkins is usually the lead singer of famous Aussie band “The Cruel Sea”. Last year however, he published his second solo album "Dark Horses", which offers, above all, slow, dark hypnotic songs, whose atmosphere is generated by Perkins dark raunchy voice. It’s music for evenings of seduction. And yup, that’s partly due to the lyrics (it’s got one of these cute “explicit lyrics” stickers).
Songs to check out:”To us”, ”Please break me gently”
From The Cruel sea the albums “The honeymoon is over” and “Three legged dog” are worth to be checked out

David Gray – “White Ladder”
The brits latest record (from 1999) was called “a record that makes your life feel better by its mere existence” by the Times and “A remarkable piece of work..literate, heartfelt, bittersweet” by the Daily Telegraph. I can only agree. And the little bit of kitschiness shall be forgiven.
Songs to check out:”Please forgive me”, “This years love”

...and of course....U2, Radiohead and Dave Matthews, but you all know these, I s'pose.

------------------
“...i'm just trying to find
a decent melody
a song that i can sing
in my own company...”

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 04-10-2001).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grant - "Duct Tape Aesthetic" & all the rest

Mmmm... the musician I have to recommend more than any others right now is my boyfriend's friend Grant. Start at http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/8/grant.html if you can play MP3s. He's so wonderful. I love sweet, simple music with touching geeky lyrics. My very favorite song of his is "Gravity Song." I hope he plays at our wedding someday. Other Favorite Songs: "SuperHiWay", "Angels Watch Over Me".

Thomas Dolby - "The Flat Earth," "Astronauts and Heretics", & all other albums

Thomas did SO much more than 80s hit "She Blinded Me With Science." His music covers a very wide range of styles, with the five albums following a noticable progression. The lyrics tell vivid stories (one of them even has a sequel)... poppy little techno sounds mix up with piano and guitar and his mesmerizing voice. Mmmmmm. If you want to hear my personal song, it's the title track from "The Flat Earth." His music introduced me to lots of other music, including Prefab Sprout (try "Jordan: The Comeback") and Fiorella Terenzi, who I wish would produce an album with lots of her singing. I do have her album of recordings of galaxies, and her book, and I really want to see her on tour. I want to see Thomas, but he's been wrapped up in his computer company and his kids for years. Favorite Songs: "The Flat Earth," "Cloudburst on Shingle Street," "That's Why People Fall in Love," "The Beauty of a Dream," "Valley of the Mind's Eye"

Keali'i Reichel - "Kawaipunahele," "E O Mai," & the other two

This kama'aina of Maui does a masterful job of celebrating my favorite language. His albums are about half covers of sometimes sappy soft rock in English and half original and traditional compositions in Hawaiian. The latter are my favorite. It's so beautiful. I close my eyes and I can almost imagine I'm on the islands. Favorite Songs: "Kawaipunahele", "E Ho'i I Ka Pili", "Toad Song", "E O Mai".

Jai Uttal & the Pagan Love Orchestra - "Beggars & Saints", and others

I first heard this during warm-up at bellydance class, and I knew I had to find out what it was and have a copy. Indian music with other influences from techno to hillbilly. Powerful stuff. Favorite Songs: "Lake of Exploits", "Gopala", "Radhe Radhe".

Chumbawamba - "WYSIWYG" & others

While this group of anarchists is on a fairly big label, if you can't find them at Wal-Mart, it's 'cause they've been writing press releases telling people to steal their album. But what can I say. It was worth paying for. If you like lush music and clever, cynical lyrics and albums that form a cohesive whole, you'll love them. My Favorite Songs: "Dumbing Down", "Pass it Along", and "Celebration, Florida."

Empty Hats - "The Hat Came Back" and others

Formerly Double Indemnity, they're the very best show at the medieval fair that comes through here. Great audiance dynamic, clever/raunchy celtic inspired music. I want to be like Loony Lucy when I grow up. They're best live, but I like their album. Favorite Songs: "Beggars to God", "Two Magicians"...

I love Weird Al. I'm a big Erasure fan too. Laundry List: Tom Lehrer, Information Society, Moby, Kraftwerk, The Last Emperor, U2, Eiffel65, The Arrogant Worms, The Moody Blues...

My favorite things to play on the piano are "Fur Elise," Kuhlau sonatinas, Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" (particularly, of course, "The Gates of Kiev"), Tchaikovsky... Brahms... Mmmmmmm...

I've been relearning children's songs on my bamboo flute and harmonica. My favorite song to play on a new instrument is "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."

I listen to a lot of albums with dolphin noises in them. I really like "Music and Magic", the children's tape of songs from Fraggle Rock. It's one of my all time favorite TV shows. Actually music from Henson works in general. The first MP3 I ever downloaded was "The Rainbow Connection".

I need to go eat lunch. Links to pages of some of the groups mentioned here can be found on my webpage where I talk about all of them, http://www.nbtsc.org/julieclipse/music.html

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 04-10-2001).]

Posts: 257 | From: Sarasota, FL | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ningrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I absolutely adore music! It's about 3/4 my life!

The following, in my opinion, are beautiful works of art:

Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
* This is from my personally favorite band. It has plenty of instrumentals, and if you are a real listener of music who likes to dig down to the nitty gritty and find the real meanings of songs, you'll love this album.

Tony Iommi - Iommi
* The ex guitarist from Black Sabbath. He collaborates with many current vocalists to create amazing songs.

Recoil - Unsound Methods
* This album is more of a poetic expression. Some of the lyrics are simply spoken. It really is interesting.

Saliva - Every Six Seconds
* Just a jammin' CD for every metalhead fan. They seem to resemble a bit of Sevendust... The vocals aren't as rough as those of Sevendust though.

------------------

shedding skin sucumb defeat
this machine is obsolete

Posts: 124 | From: Lucasville, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Third Eye Blind I love them. Love love love love them. There music really has something to say, and it's conveyed in a sensible manner.

Incubus is really good, as is Buckcherry, Everclear, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, SUM 41, Alien Ant Farm, The Offspring, A New Found Glory, Blink 182, Coldplay, Supergrass, Josh Joplin Group, American Hi-Fi, and the Foo Fighters. Can you tell I like alternative/punk rock?

Oh, and can't forget the Queen! Aretha Franklin all the way, baby!

I love music.

------------------
Sin by thy lips? Oh trespass sweetly urged, give me my sin again!

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IncubusMake Yourself
So good it's chilling. Their beats, lyrics, and overall sound rock my world. (See my Signature)

Dido, No Angel
Her voice is so angelic.

BT, Movement in Still Life
Techno with a hip hop-ish beat. I discovered BT when I heard an amazing piece from the "Go" Soundtrack

There's more... but I can't think right now

------------------
You should make amends with you if only for better health. But if you really want to live, why not try and Make Yourself?

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pink, are we related by any chance? The list of music you put down is almost exactly the same as my current playlist!

Currently in Danny's MP3 playlist:

Third Eye Blind - Wounded
Third Eye Blind - Slow Motion
Alien Ant Farm - Movies
The Doves - Catch the Sun
10,000 Maniacs - Noah's Dove
10,000 Maniacs - Few and Far Between
Powderfinger - My Happiness
Sublime - April 29, 1992 (my 13th birthday!)
Sublime - Badfish
Guttermouth - She's Got the Look
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Parallel Universe
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Undr the Bridge
Foo Fighters - Big Me
Everclear - Santa Monica
The Cure - Boys Don't Cry
The Cure - Mint Car
The Smiths - Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
The Smiths - Back to the Old House
The Smiths - Well I Wonder
The Smiths - Queen is Dead
The Smiths - Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This One Before
Morrissey - Jack the Ripper
Morrissey - Alma Maters
Morrissey - Suedehead
Morrissey - The More You Ignore Me the Close I Get

I guess my choice of music depends on the mood I am in at the time. With all the Morrisey here...I guess I'm currently feeling "broody," or something.

I love music, I don't think I'd be able to get by without it. In our police cars at work, they recently began installing radios in them (not police radios, actual car radios!) My very first lights-and-siren run was with 311's song "Flowing" blaring from the patrol car's speakers.

--Danny

------------------
Stupid is forever, but ignorance is curable.

ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My list of favorite obscure -- if strange -- music. And because I like Alaska's format so much, I'm going to copy it. The songs of note are favorites of mine that I think, altogether, give a fairly good idea of the artist.

Dead Can Dance - Within the Realm of a Dying Sun, The Serpent's Egg, and others
Unusual world music, which can get dark enough at times that it's classified under "gothic." Half of the songs don't have lyrics, and of those that do, a number of them are in languages other than English (including Latin, and some fairly exotic things that I can't identify). I've been able to pick out Middle Eastern, Medieval, and Native American influences, although I'm know there's more than that in the songs. Definitely very different from anything you'll find on the radio, although it's not for everyone.
Songs of note: "Xavier," "Cantara," and "Summoning of the Muse" (on ...Dying Sun); and "The Host of Seraphim," "Chant of the Paladin," and "In the Kingdom of the Blind the One-Eyed Are Kings" (on Serpent's Egg)

The Changelings - Anything
The Changelings are similar to Dead Can Dance in that they play some world music, but they also branch out into other styles, most of which I have a hard time naming. To give examples, they've done a sea shanty-type song, something that I've heard described as "post-apocalyptic Baroque," dreamy mood music, as well as relatively normal pop/rock. Their songs are very lovely (even though the lyrics -- when they're there -- are sometimes odd), and they're currently my favorite band.
Songs of note: "Season of Mist" and "Earthquake at Versailles" (off of The Changelings); "Flowers Cover Your Eyes" ( off of the Mercury-ep); "Melusine," "Frog Song," and "Port Royale" (off of Amphibian); and "Stalingrad" and "Johnny Ether's Great Escape" (off of Terra Firma)

Loreena McKennitt - Elemental, The Visit, The Mask and Mirror, The Book of Secrets, A Winter Garden: Five Songs for the Season, and others
Probably the second most well-known artist on my little list. Loreena does Celtic and world music (sense a trend here?), with her earlier albums (Elemental, and Parallel Dreams) being mostly the former. Her work is just beautiful. Sadly, I don't think she's making music anymore, due to her fiance being killed.
Songs of note: "Stolen Child," "Blacksmith," and "Lullaby" (off of Elemental); "All Soul's Night," and "The Old Ways" (off of The Visit); "The Mystic's Dream" (off of The Mask and Mirror); and "Marco Polo," and "Dante's Prayer" (off of The Book of Secrets). Also, her version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" is one of the best and most unique I've ever heard.

Lisa Gerrard - The Mirror Pool or Duality
Lisa used to be the lead singer of Dead Can Dance, until they broke up. Her work is lovely, although it isn't quite as eclectic as Dead Can Dance's -- my one complaint with it is that some of it sounds the same. She uses a lot of made up languages. If you've liked the rest of the stuff on this list, give her a listen.
Songs of note: "Sanvean (I am your shadow)," "Glorafin," and "Violina (the last embrace)" (off of The Mirror Pool); "Shadow Magnet" and "The Human Game" (off of Duality)

Tori Amos - Anything
The most emotional artist on my list. You've probably heard some of her stuff, so I'm not going to go into too much detail, just list some of her more obscure and unique songs that I think are worth a listen.
Songs of note: "Little Earthquakes" and "Winter" (off of Little Earthquakes); "Icicle" (which you'd never hear on the radio, as it's about masturbation and religion) and "Baker, Baker" (off of Under the Pink); "Blood Roses" (off of Boys for Pele); "Cruel" (off of From the Choirgirl Hotel); and "Juarez" (a very dark song about girls being murdered, from To Venus and Back). Also, there's a cover she did of "Losing My Religion" that is just gorgeous; it's very slow and pretty and sad. You'll probably have to get that from the 'Net, though, as I don't think it's available on any CD.

There. I think I've rambled long enough.

[This message has been edited by Lynne (edited 04-10-2001).]

Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dead Can Dance Into the Labyrinth, Toward The Within, Within The Realm Of A Dying Sun... anything they've done is wonderful. Lisa Gerrard (one of the bandmembers) worked on the Gladiator soundtrack with Hans Zimmer, and did the vocals for the Mission Impossible II score, but other than that, they're not very well-known. Kind of a Gothic Middle-Eastern / Irish sound. "The Wind That Shakes The Barley", "The Ubiquitous Mr Lovegrove", and "I Am Stretched On Your Grave" are really easy to find on Napster and will give you an idea of what their music is about.

Switchblade Symphony Another band that can do no wrong.

Mors SyphiliticaYet another great band. I just started listening to them. It's very beautiful music.

This Is Goth! A 3-CD compilation of goth music, including well-known bands such as The Mission, Switchblade Symphony, Alien Sex Fiend, and Gene Loves Jezebel. It's all good.

The Unquiet Grave 2000 Another compilation of music from the Gothic, Darkwave, Industrial, EBM, and Ethereal underground. Some of you may know the song "Marilyn, My Bitterness" by Cruxshadows if you're into the goth 'scene', but other than that, it's lots of obscure bands.

Apocalypse Theatre A nomadic band whose homebases have included Washington DC, Saint Louis, and currently, Minneapolis. They do an absolutely delicious cover of Cindy Lauper's "Time After Time". And the best part is, they're always looking for vocalists, dancers, bass-players, etc. to go on tour with them.

Afro-Celt Sound System Impossible to describe exactly what their music sounds like. One of their songs, "Release", was featured on the Stigmata soundtrack.

------------------
"Why are the most closed-minded people...
Also those with their mouths the most open?"

Aria of Mayhem Bulletain Board

[This message has been edited by Aria51 (edited 04-10-2001).]

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ooh ooh ooh! I'm such a slow poke!!!
here goes:

Radiohead entire discography, but if you have to start somewhere, let it be 'The Bends'

Black Lab Your Body Above Me
Remy Zero Villa Elaine
Manic Street Preachers Everything Must Go
Stereophonics Word Gets Around
Placebo Without You I'm Nothing
Idlewild 100 Broken Windows
Gomez Liquid Skin
BT Movement in Still Life (Hong Kong Edition)
Underworld Beaucoup Fish
Third Eye Blind Self-Titled
REM Up
U2 Best Of
Super Furry Animals Radiator
Gay Dad Leisure Noise
Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Dream
Nirvana Nevermind
The Beta Band Three EPs
The Wallflowers Breach
The Mr. T Experience Love is Dead
The Cure Galore
Badly Drawn Boy The Hour of the Bewilderbeast
Fuel Sunburn
Supergrass Self-Titled
Filter Title of Record
Bush Sixteen Stone

np: Liz Phair "Supernova"

------------------
This space reserved for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off, I would like to mention the Almighty God of the Guitar:
Jimi Hendrix
Anyone who doesn't know who this is, really needs to see more purple haze.
In particular, try Angel or Little Wing.

For those of you with heavier tastes:
Sepultura - Chaos AD (years old, but still a regular inhabitant of my CD player...) and Roots.
These guys do some awesome metal fused with tribal beats. Its a pity that their latest stuff hasn't been so good.

Fear Factory - Soul of A New Machine and Demanufacture. Ignore all the remix CDs.
These guys do some awesome techno-metal. I've never heard anyone mix thrash, metal, techno, and industrial together so superbly. Burn your sorry NIN CDs, and get these guys instead!

Ministry:
Ditto my above comment about NIN. These guys are incredible. "Psalm 69", and "Jesus built my hotrod" are their best, in my opinion. If you like weird, disjointed samples, interlaced with some nice heavy riffs, you'll like these guys.

The Exploited.
Scottish thrash-punk? If you can handle the accents, you'll love em. And the old Thatcher-era songs are funny in their anachronisms. "Don't pay the poll tax!"

Napalm Death.
The name says it all - brutal, evil sounding riffs, with a wonderfully grindy edge. I don't like the vocals so much (too screamy), but the lyrics, drums, and guitar are awesome.

Faith No More - everything after Mike Patton joined.
Not in the same genre as the rest, but probably one of the most under-rated metal bands ever. Their flexibility ranged from slap-bass through to deep ballads, to head-bangingly good rock. If you like Mike Patton's vocals, also try Mr. Bungle.

I'll also mention a grab-bag of the obvious:
Soundgarden, Radiohead, early Pearl Jam, and the aforementioned Jeff Buckley.

On the lighter side of things:
The composers Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky, Mahler, Beethoven, Handel, and Ludwig von Strudel. (Ok, so I made the last one up...)
In particular, Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake and Beethoven's 5th (Choral) Symphony.

Let's face it, any idiot can program a computer to make a bad techno album. A true master can create the music in his mind, then score it so that a hundred instruments play as one.

------------------
Stuff© - try some today!.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear. I am very into mainstream and trashy music. Does that make me bad?

Just a couple of discs that I have been listening to lately.

Sade Lover's Rock
Lenny Kravitz Greatest Hits
Robbie Williams - anything
OutKast - anything
Marc Anthony Marc Anthony
Mono - anything
Craig David - Born To Do It

Plus a couple of Chinese, Cantonese and Japanese CDs.

[This message has been edited by Lin (edited 04-11-2001).]

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woah! I thought I was the only one into Shakira...wait, which country is she from, Cuba or Colombo?

I usually listen to Limp Bizkit, Dido, and Shaggy and Joe.
Then it's some bands, like Anonymous and a few others, and I really like Celtic music...

When it comes to classical music, I usually just play some Mozart or Beethoven on the piano...I like playing it myself, would anyone understand that?

------------------
*Read my diary

*Read my page

*And...alwayz :)

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baptist
Activist
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baptist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like to listen to many different types of music. I like to listen to classical music, rock, Christian rock, movie soundtracks, patriotic songs and Frank Sinatra.

I believe that music is one of the best means of expression.

NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM

Posts: 232 | From: Woodbridge, Virginia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to show you how strange I am... I like everything!! I do work at a music store, so I listen to everything - maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway, mostly I listen to rock (alternative/heavy/and yes, pop). My favorite group right now is Linkin Park They're awesome! Also, a heavy metal liking friend of mine apparently also likes not so heavy music, because he recommended David Lanz to me. Cristofori's Dream is a beautiful song!!

------------------
"Always shoot for the moon because even if you miss you'll land among the stars." -Unknown

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sourgirl1986
Activist
Member # 2795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sourgirl1986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok this is a VERY serious topic for me, lol... I listen to hard rock, alternative, grunge, some gothic stuff, pop, r & b, country, and rap... oh yeah, techno also... I listen to mainly everything, but my fav would have to be alternative or hard rock... my favorite artists are: Creed, Lifehouse, Fuel, Oleander, 3 Doors Down, Tantric, Full Devil Jacket... the list goes on and on! Music is my life!
------------------
"There's a peace inside us all, let it be your friend, it will help you carry on, in the end."- Creed (the song,"Inside Us All")

"And how can I stand here with you, and not be moved by you? Could you tell me, how could it be, any better than this?" Lifehouse (the song, "Everything")

-Shanna-

IP: Logged

[This message has been edited by Sourgirl1986 (edited 04-11-2001).]

Posts: 43 | From: OK USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rio
Activist
Member # 2072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tori Amos
She is my favorite and has been since about fifth grade. My next door neighbor and friend was obsessed and she passed that obsession onto me Tori's music and ideas have made a huge impact on ly life in the best ways possible. Though I like her earlier stuff better I also enjoy the more recent music.

The Cure- I like this band a lot and I kinda have a crush on the young Robert Smith hehe My older sister loved them when she was younger, and still enjoys them.

R.E.M.- The first cd I ever bought was by them. I like them a lot Again this was the work of my neighbor hehe.

Concrete Blonde- Good band I found the album Bloodletting in a bunch of old tapes my sister gave to me. The first time I listened to it i didnt really think much of it. So I put it away. The second time I came across it months later I fell in love instantly. Johnette Napolitano is awesome on vocals and bass guitar.

I also enjoy: just about any 80's or early 90's music, early alternative, neutral milk hotel, the doors, Arlo Gutherie, the beatles, radiohead, depeche mode, siouxsie and the banshees, and the list goes on and on.

Rio

Posts: 60 | From: near Indianapolis | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hoo-boy, did you guys ask me the wrong question...
I could go on and on, but I'll try (try) and keep this brief.
Stereolab are the kings and queens of the moog. I've heard their music described as easy listening for hipsters.
godspeed you black emperor gives listeners the music for the apocalypse. Long, grand instrumental tunes that sound like they come from a movie score. They sometimes have as many as 11 people in concert.
Eric's Trip is sorely missed by me. Lo-fi grungy angst-ridden pop at its best, they played.
The New Pornographers are not much to see live, but they do put together great recordings. Cow-punk Neko Case sings.
Zumpano is a close relative of the New Pornographers.
Sleater-Kinney are what I listen to to get, or stay angry.
Braid is rough-around-the-edges emo with a strong social conscience.
De la Soul is my hip-hop pleasure. Their early stuff is so nice and cheerful and bouncy, but even the recent stuff gives me hope for rap music.
Lambchop blasts straight outta Tennessee with a fantastic mix of country and indie-rock sensibility.
The Left Banke left us long, long ago but I've only recently discovered their beautiful, complex melodies. You might know their song 'Walk Away Renée.'
The Promise Ring puts a smile on my face. Happy emo kids from Milwaukee. (All the great emo seems to come from the American Midwest and the Canadian Prairies.)
The Old 97s are all that country music could be. An anti-Bush country music band from Texas? You must be kidding!
The Weakerthans give me my signature, and help me prove my theory about great emo.

------------------
When you get off work tonight, meet me at the construction site, and we'll write some notes to tape to the heavy machines, like "We hope they treat you well. Hope you don't work too hard. We hope you get to be happy sometimes."
-the Weakerthans

[This message has been edited by Dzuunmod (edited 04-11-2001).]

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, ooh! PLAYLISTS! This is going to be fun, but before I start... I'm going to see Blast next week when I go to NYC. I saw clips of it and it looks awesome! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! This is going to be so much fun! I'm going to list songs and artists instead of albums, so here goes:

"All I Need" by Air - It's just so relaxing. I have one of their albums and it's really good. It's laid back techno.

"The Underworld" by Aphrodite - This is a good song by Aphrodite; it's great to dance to.

"Elephunk" by Baby Mammoth - It's also relaxing, but really cool. It just makes you want to sway back and forth.

"Symphony No. 7: Allegretto II" by Beethoven - Whenever I'm angry or depressed, I listen to this song. There is so much emotion in this piece of music that I feel much more refreshed afterwards.

"It's Not the Spotlight" by Beth Orton - This is some good alternative. I have one of her albums and this is one of my favorite songs. She's a really good singer.

"Sometimes" by Brand New Heavies (Dimitri remix) - This is just uplifting! Not to mention upbeat and fun too.

"Dreaming" by BT - I don't know what to say about this one, it's just cool.

"One More Time" by Daft Punk - Woo hoo, get your dancing shoes!

"Isobel" by Bjork (Dimitri remix) - Good song, even if you don't really like Bjork.

"Let You Down" by DMB - I love this song! I like to sway to this one too. It might be my favorite song off his Crash album, but I'm not sure. I LOVE DMB!!!

"Appletree" by Erykah Badu - SHe sings so smoothly. I feel so sly after I listen to this song.

"Hatfield" by Everything But The Girl - They're just cool.

"Bones & Joints" by Finger Eleven - I lot of their songs are depressing, but it's realistic. It's some pretty good metal.

"Bittersweet (acoustic)" by Fuel - You can never leave out Fuel! This is their best song, I think.

"Whatever, Whenever" by Groove Armada - This is another one of those so-smooth songs. Listen to it!

"Acid Milk" by Gus Gus - I don't know how to explain this group other than cool.

"2Wicky" by Hooverphonic - Well, talk about laid back!

"Stellar (acoustic)" by Incubus - If my boyfriend and I had a song, this would be it. The lryics are so cool!

"Piece of my Heart" by Janis Joplin - You can never forget about Janis and this is a good song!

"Yours Forever" by John Mellencamp - It's from The Perfect Storm, what else can I say?

"Dream Catcher" by Keoki - Yup, folks. This would be the origin of my screen name. DANCING TIME!!!

"Wake Up" by Laurent Garnier - Who stole my dancing shoes????

"My December" by Linkin Park - SAd, but beautiful.

"Feel Your Body Talkin'" by DJ Sneak (Mark Farina remix) - Smooth, sleek, and sexy.

"Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell - Everybody should know the words to this song, it's classic!

"BLue Lines" by Massive Attack - It's another sexy song.

"I'm a Bitch" by Meredith Brooks - It's my theme song! Haha, it's not a joke either.

"The Time Is Now" by Moloko - This song is just fun and upbeat.

"L-O-V-E" by Nat King Cole - Oh, it's so sweet! It's a classic too.

"Pipes Honour" by Nightmares on Wax - Smooth, relaxing, and laid back. Mm...

"Smile" by Olive - I don't even know why I like Olive. It's just so addictive.

"I Just Want You" by Ozzy Osbourne - You can't forget about Ozzy!

"Street Spirit (acoustic)" by Radiohead - Need I say more? They just rule!

"Bussing" by REd SNapper - Now this is something I just discovered. It's really good trip hop!

"Rare Duet" by Robert Miles and AFX - I can't believe I lost my dancing shoes!!!

"Scorccio" by Sasha and Darren Emerson - This has got to be the best song ever! I'm serious. I don't need to explain because it's Sasha.

"Never Been the Same" by Extreme Beings of Leisure - It's slow, cool, and sexy. I just love the name too!

"Fukamachi" by Swayzak - Oh, who needs shoes anyway?

"Central Industrial" by The Future Sound of London - They're just so cool.

"Erase and Rewind" by The CArdigans - It's the song that the prom king and queen danced to in Never Been Kissed. It's just so awesome.

"Fingertips" by They Might Be Giants - Aw man, this song is hilarious!!!!

"Cups" by Underworld - They're just so cool!

"Mambo 1000" by Ursula 1000[b/] - It's like the tango meets techno. Awesome!!!

"Low Rider" by [b]War - Do I really have to explain? I mean, everyone knows that the low rider goes a little slower. Duh!

"Capriol Suite: II. Pavane" by Warlock - We're playing it in school and it is just so moving. It's simple, but I love to close to my eyes and play like in Mr. Holland's Opus.

Well, that's a few songs for you. I've missed a lot of people because I didn't want to end up naming 200 songs. I don't even know how many I named. I just love music!

------------------
"You're older than you've ever been, and now you're even older... You're older than you've ever been, and now you're even older
And now you're older still..." -Older by TMBG

"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well And that's be you, be what you're like, be like yourself, and so I'm having a wonderful time..." Whistling in the Dark by TMBG

"Everyone looks naked when you know the world's address.."
The World's Address by TMBG

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's mine:

Jessica Andrews - "Who I Am"
Totally great album. Anyone who likes pop/country songs should have a listen to it. It's full of nice sound about love, life and friends.

Dido - "No Angel"
If you like deep songs, really slow and great lyrics then you should get the album. If you're looking for something like "Thank You" you'll be deceived.

Billie Piper - "Walk Of Life"
Another great album from an 18 y/o british pop singer. If you like "bubble gum" songs and serious one with really nice lyrics then this is totally great. My fave artist.

Last but not least

Vitamin C - "More"
If you liked her first album then this is quite the same kind of songs but with more mature lyrics. Worth a try, I like it or I wouldn't talk about it here.

David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you conpletely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People think I have a rather funky collection of music, because it spreads over so many different genres

At the moment I'm listening to a lot of hardcore / happy hardcore / trance / trancecore music, since my SO DJ's the stuff, I can't escape it, but learned to love it! It's happy music, cheesy music, it gets me bumping along every day

For a taste test, open Napster (or whatever) and download some:

Brisk + Trixxy (Eyeopener; Thunder + Rain; Eurolove)
Breeze (Let's Fly)
Anabolic Frolic (Every time I close my eyes)
Alphaville (Forever young)
DJ Sakin (Braveheart theme remix)
Slipmatt + Scott Brown (Eternal Flame)

Then theres my rather industrial / gothic stuff, i.e the Type O Negative Summer Breeze remix..

Bands and artists I can recommend are Day One, who do this beautiful song called "Doing Fine".. and MJ Cole, whose album "Sincere" has got to be one of the best of all time. Listen to the songs "Sincere" and "Crazy Love", they rock my world

For a bit of craziness, you can't go past Japanese rockers Shonen Knife, who did a great cover of The Carpenters "Top of the World" and "Daydream Believer"; and (The) ZooBombs who played at the Big Day Out this year. Also check out Ween, who write songs such as "Mister Won't You Please Help My Pony" and "Spinal Meningitis".

</music related rant>

entropie

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lets see....

Matchbox 20...'Yourself or someone like,' and 'Mad Sesson'

Christina Aguilera...'Mi Reflejo'

Incubus

George Clinton

Limp Bizkit...thier first album but I can't think of the name right now.

Outkast

Jagged Edge

Charlotte Church

P.O.D

And right now I'm really REALLy into musicals so probably I'll have:

The Phantom of the Opera

Once On This Island

Honk!

Fiddler on the Roof

The Full Monty

The Lion King

When Pigs Fly

Godspell

Baby baby baby

Les Miserables

Annie

Little Shop Of Horrors

That's it for right now. Interesting eh?

------------------
If you're gone - maybe it's time to go home
There's an awful lot of breathing room
But I can hardly move
If you're gone - baby you need to come home
'Cause there's a little bit of something me
In everything in you

~Sexy Rob Thomas, 'If You're Gone.'

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I absolutely love Aerosmith! I know they're a billion years old, but i love them just the same. Maybe it's b/c i grew up listening to them ... I love their new song too tho (Jaded?).

I'm also in love w/ OLP, Creed, Dido, Jewel and Matchbox 20. Just my personal tastes

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*kicks herself*

I forgot about the utterly fabulous, too talented for their own good Sugababes

They sing with so much depth and emotion it's amazing. I never thought much of them because Overload sounded like a typical All Saints number but I checked their CD out at HMV and it blew me away.

The lyrics are very real and yet very dark. Plus, their group is a wonderfully multi-racial group.

So here it is.

One Touch Sugababes

[This message has been edited by Lin (edited 04-14-2001).]

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostcat
Activist
Member # 3295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostcat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yay, my very very favourite topic

radiohead- ANYTHING by them / everyone knows of radiohead, and almost everyone who's been exposed to their stuff knows it's amazing. they qualify for the title of my favorite band ever- i first got into them at the age of 11, and my obsession has been going strong since. any of their albums are completely spotless (well, possibly excluding "pablo honey" but that was a debut album...so..), and i recommend starting with "ok computer" or "the bends".

pj harvey- stories from the city, stories from the sea / i'm a big pj fan, and her newest album is wonderful. i think a lot of you here would really like it.. a lot of the lyrics are relating to coming to terms with her sexuality, and she writes about it in such a vibrant way it's hard not to love her.

bjork- selmasongs / i love bjork! while not everyone will adore selmasongs (i do believe you have to watch "dancer in the dark", the musical/movie which it is the score for, to fully appreciate the album), i know bjork fans will, as will fans of musicals. the songs play out like a wacky musical, and go from incredibly upbeat and happy to melancholy in one album. beautiful.

talking heads- talking heads '77 / while a lot of you fellow 80's kids out there probably know them for "burning down the house" and "don't you forget about me" they have even better stuff on their debut album. more than that, you can see so much influence that they've had on recent bands.

tori amos- under the pink / i've heard a ton of tori lately. "under the pink" features a ton of pianos, and tori's amazing lyrics and vocals.

------------------
"i need to wash myself again to hide all the dirt and pain, 'cos i'd be scared that there's nothing underneath"- radiohead

Posts: 73 | From: chicago, il, usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baptist
Activist
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baptist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of patriotic songs from my region that I like are "Dixie" and "Bonnie Blue Flag."
Posts: 232 | From: Woodbridge, Virginia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow...lots of music here... my list may not be as good...but here goes

the more classical type stuff or whatever...you know the things that aren't advertised on radio or tv:
carl orf? i think that's his name: carmina burana- love this song, so powerful and moody

george gershwin... i have nothing more to say than "this man is great!" about him...his wife ida too, she wrote lyrics... but i'm really diggin rhapsody in blue...that's a good one

there's 1812 overture, ride of the valkyries, the hut on fowl's leg, ooh! beethoven's fifth is a popular favorite, oh so much more and i thank my band director for all of these because i would not know them!

now for the more recent stuff...

my favorite cd right now is incubus make yourself. i love it to pieces! i listen to it all the freaking time!

i really like AFI's the art of drowning

sublime's self titled cd is great, one of my alltime favorites including "what i got" that's a classic! haha love it...

weezer, it's older but i just got it last week!

our lady peace "clumsy" awesome cd! awesome! haven't heard their new one yet though

fuel "sunburn" i think it's called... love that one

talking heads from back in the day...they're just fun...along with the violent femmes!

beastie boys, dependant on people's age, they only know certain times of beastie. if you're younger i suggest checking our "ill communication" or the one before that... i don't remember the name... but i like all their stuff!

blah... i can't think of any more, if anything else comes.. i'll post again!

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Tori Amos rules! I agree, her earlier stuff is better. I like the fact that it was all her-- piano and vocals. Some of the songs with other instruments are good, but I don't like the sort of electronic-dancy direction she's taking.

Anyway, I guess I usually like female solo artists, especially when they take a big role in defining themselves (e.g., they can sing, write and play as opposed to just being a pretty face with puppet strings...)

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
italienprincess
Activist
Member # 3087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for italienprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
for punk fans, less than jake rules

country, i love leean womak

i have to admit, i have a small love affair with backstreet boys

i like natalie imbrulia and lisa loeb

blink 182 is good

i like aerosmith too

i like this topic

Posts: 130 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cuddleslut
Activist
Member # 3349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cuddleslut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!! I love music
Favorite bands (in no particular order, except that SUBLIME is the greatest, of course )
-Sublime (good songs--40 0z to freedom, Boss DJ, Greatest Hits, What I Got, Wrong Way, Santeria, Date Rape)
-Blink182 (good songs--Wasting Time, Dammit, Carousel, Peggy Sue, Voyuer)
-The Offspring (Smash, Bad Habit, Come out and play, Want You Bad, Pay the Man)
-The Ramones (RIP JOEY RAMONE!!! anyway--i wanna be sedated, do you wanna dance, hey ho let's go, spiderman)
-The Misfits (last caress, scream, static age)
-The Red Hot Chili Peppers (blood sugar sex magik, around the world, suck my kiss, give it away now, under the bridge)
-Rage Against The Machine (bulls on parade, revolver, vietnow, renegades of funk)
-Reel Big Fish (Beer, Everything sucks, thank you for not moshing, first of all, somebody hates me)
-AFI (sacrifice theory, a single second, total immortal, high school football hero)
-Incubus (the warmth, antigravity love song, drive, make yourself, i miss you)
-Linkin Park (run away, in the end, papercut, crawling)
-Green Day (FOD, welcome to paradise, longview, when i come around)
-Bowling For Soup (suckerpunch, close to you, the bitch song, thespian)
-Jimmie's Chicken Shack (spiraling, trash, what do i do right, lazy boy dash)
-Operation Ivy (bombshell, unity, take warning, jaded, gonna find you, sound system)
-311 (come original, down, transistor)
-(hed)PE (bartender, killing time, i got you, boom how you like that)
-MxPx (without you, doin time, my mom still cleans my room, cristelena, bad hair day)
-NoFX (please play this song on the radio, the decline, it's my job to keep punk rock elite)
-Staind (it's been a while, mudshovel, home, raw, just go, outside)
-Weezer (buddy holly, say it ain't so, name is jonas, suzzane)
-Goldfinger (superman, disorder, i'm down, still counting the days)
-The Living End (staring at the light, prisoner of society, bloody mary, pictures in the mirror)

------------------
It's sickening how comforting the privacy of the mind can be...

Posts: 120 | From: california...well, at least it sounds cool. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star * Gal
Neophyte
Member # 3379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star * Gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At the moment, my favourite album has to be Dido, no angel. It's really relaxing to listen to, especially when you're stressed out
Posts: 11 | From: Somewhere not in America | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.