Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Street Racing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Street Racing
s13_sr20det
Neophyte
Member # 3236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for s13_sr20det     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just wanted to ask everyone how big street racing is in their area? i live in So. Cal. and we do it every night. from mid night drags to freeway hit ups. we even do some mountian racing. like coming down from Big Bear. i know its dangerous and we are breaking a lot of laws, but its a heck of a rush.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, part of the user guidelines state that posters cannot post illegal activity, so please don't do it, honey.

And as someone who lost half her extended family in a very awful car accident due to one party driving "desrted" stretched of road FAR over the speed limit, I hope that you stop.

You can only get a "rush" if you're alive to have one. And while none of us can say if dying is a rush or not, killing or maiming someone else for a little extra endorphin or adrenaline seems like a mighty big sacrifice.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
s13_sr20det
Neophyte
Member # 3236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for s13_sr20det     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
street racing is illegal. i know that. but so are drugs that are being used at raves. and you have messages posted up about those drugs. and don't tell me about people who have lost family due to car accidents. i lost 3 a month ago. a uncle, a grandma, and a baby cousin. but that is never going to stop me from racing professionly or illegaly. let me tell you street drags are done in the still of the night. in areas that are away from public. freeway races are life threatening, but rarely done. so i'm sorry for posting this.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let me rephrase this for you:

From the guidelines:

quote:
Scarleteen cannot and will not answer questions which pertain to sexual technique or illegal activity, which includes, but is not limited to, such questions and subjects as:

* How to perform specific sexual activities (i.e., "How do I give a blow job?")
* Illegal drug use or drug abuse
* Illegal or unethical sexual activites (i.e, bestiality, statutory rape, incest, purposefully transmitting disease or infection, etc.)

Posts which contain such things may be removed or edited at our discretion for your safety and ours, and we reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever at any time.

To my knowledge, there are no posts in the "rave" thread with anyone discussing their personal -- and thus, illegal -- drug use. If there is, I should be notified and will remove them.

And drop the attitude with me, if you will. I am simply supporting the user guidelines every user agreed to at my site, which is my job.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
s13_sr20det
Neophyte
Member # 3236

whoa.... calm down there. i know i've done wrong. and my reply didn't mean to come out like that. lets forget about this. and i'll start posting stuff thats ok by the books. sorry for starting trouble.
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
y'know, i was just thinking how much i wished i had the superpower of telekinetically setting off people's airbags.

as a pedestrian, i have a personal grudge against anyone who doesn't know the meaning of "pedestrian has the right of way" or recognize the meaning of a STOP sign.

i can only guess that cruising and racing are both stupid and dangerous hobbies. actually, i know they are 'cause they were quite popular where i grew up.

as for the drug references, if you read carefully, you will see that we do NOT endorse the use of drugs on this site.

anyway, we still look forward to hearing from ya

------------------
This space reserved for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.