Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » interesting stuff ^_^

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: interesting stuff ^_^
muddcookie
Activist
Member # 2191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muddcookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heyy i never write on the boards anymore too busy. I was thinking, isn't it SOoO weird how like certain smells and tastes remind you of a certain time or somthing. Like let's say you put on some lotion that you havn't used in a while and when u smell it, it reminds you of last october when you went out to a party. same thing with food. i wonder why that is? do y'all know what i'm talking about

------------------
~*i climbed your arms and you pulled away new cavity moved into my heart today the more she sings the more it seems that now im through with you~*

Posts: 76 | From: ny | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the smell of exhaust reminds me of Bangkok. I don't mean that in a bad way.

cK eternity reminds me of the first guy I ever dated.

There's lots of other smells that remind me of certain things.

Vanilla-scented lotion reminds me of my friend kimchee (hey, I found CookieCrisp!).

other stuff i have to smell it before i can identify what it reminds me of. I remember hearing from my drama teacher that your sense of smell evokes memory the strongest.

------------------
This space reserved for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is really weird-the word "flaming" reminds me of the color brown.

I don't know how or why, it really puzzles me . I have a lot of weird associations between colors and words. The smell of cookies also puts me in a bad mood. But only chocolate chip cookies after they're out of the oven, and only the chocolatet chip cookies my grandma makes.

------------------
Sin by thy lips? Oh trespass sweetly urged, give me my sin again!

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's weird. I notice that alot, though. I have a ton of songs that remind my of different times or parties and whatnot. I have this one certain candle at home- it's called carmel I think- and it reminds me of October and Halloween. ?? I also have this one certain smell that reminds me of the dance I met an incredible guy at. I don't even know what the smell is. It's kinda cool sometimes because I can be like "ooh, that reminds me of the time...."

Interesting....

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my best friend and i were at urban outfitters awhile ago, and all of a sudden we smelled a candle or something - i don't even know what it was that was smelling like that. it was so weird, and neither of us could figure out right away exactly what was giving us a memory. after much discussion, we deduced that it smelled like our old friend alannah's house; alannah had long since moved away, and it had been maybe 3 years since either of us had even seen her.

it was so weird.

em

------------------
Once in awhile you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

-The Grateful Dead

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The smell of pencil shavings takes me right back to my kindergarten class. And eucaliptus always makes me think of the river near my home.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.