Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » pants for shorties

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pants for shorties
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wondered if there are other people out there with the same issue as me..

I'm short.. 5' something (can't be exact here), and all of the pants in shops here are made for people who are 6' something. They're all nice, pretty pants, but I can't even take them up without ruining the shape and style of them.

This is frustrating me quite a bit.. Oh, to be another 5 inches taller!

Are there speciality shortie stores in the US or anywhere else? Do they do mail order? No-one in this country sells anything like that..

entropie

------------------
Scarleteen Advocate, not to be confused with Advocaat

I have yet to meet a C compiler that is more friendly and easier to use than eating soup with a knife.

The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering iron, a manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 5'3", and yeah all JEANS are too long for me. I emphasize jeans because, I have never had that problem with khaki pants or jazz pants (they're just black pants made out of a stretchy material that are usually worn for jazz). At www.delias.com or www.alloy.com, you can order their catalogs. Many styles of pants you can "choose your own inseam". Usually the shortest is between 25-30 inches. It works for me
Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I'm short, and yes I have such a hard time finding jeans that fit my length. I'm thinking about starting my own clothing line for us shorties. No long pants

YOu can find me in khakis (school uniform) or jazz pants. I like those pants. I'm wearing some right now

------------------
To be a princess is to be an actress, but not necessarily a good one.
Don't dream your life, live your dream

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I have found that the rebound of "cropped" pants was a godsend. If I buy cropped pants, they actually end up being the right length for ankle pants.

Or buy petite sizes. Most mainstream mail-order places with good clothes (like J Crew) have petite sizes.

So http://www.jcrew.com and another one with beautiful things (but not so great prices, though their sales are good) is http://www.jjill.com

At both places you can get well-made pants in basic styles that are lovely and at shorter lengths.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68255 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a shorty too. I don't like buying petite stuff, it never seems to fit right. I solve the bigger-people-pants problem by wearing big shoes. Certain jeans I have to wear with boots. If I don't, it'll bunch up at the bottom. Some jeans fit just right so I can wear sneakers or flat sandals. With dress pants/slacks, big shoes too. No chunky platforms, just a higher heel. I love shoes.

------------------
You know, Hobbes, sometimes even my lucky rocketship underpants don’t help. -Calvin

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~KandyKiss69~
Activist
Member # 3052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~KandyKiss69~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im pretty short too... I dont really mind the pants being too long.

------------------
Shine, make em wonder whatcha got!-Newsboys
(((Kristine)))

Posts: 66 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I buy guys pants. you can get measurements in inches that way (none of this "will their size 9 fit me? or should I get the 10?"). plus, I like baggy pants anyway. I love a good pair of khaki cargo pants.

------------------
This space reserved for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fab entropie. Tell you what, you buy those pants for those tallies and send them to me and I'll buy those pants for shorties and send them to you.

I have the same problem only that all the pants here are too short and those that fit are disgustingly expensive. Bleah.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 5' also and there are hardly any pants that fit me. The Gap and Express have short pants. Thats where I get my jeans. If I think of any more things I will let you know. I wonder why they dont make any pants for us really short people. Its not fair!!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.