Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Stranger's kiss

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stranger's kiss
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all !
Just posting as much as I can remember. All of those topics have been on my mind for a while but didn't had time to post them so here they are.

How would someone react if someone else they don't really know would kiss them ?

I've never been kissed and I'd like so badly to be kissed even if it's just a kiss. But what would someone feel if someone they're daily with (friend, co-worker, etc) would kiss them just like that, out of nowhere ?

I wouldn't do such I thing but always wondered what would happen.

Thanks !
David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you conpletely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It depends. On the person,(if they had ever considered you as a potential..) circumstances, and more. And obviously you're not talking a REAL stranger, right?

------------------
"it's like being hit in the head repeatedly with a sock full of quarter's" ~~Daria~~

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it depends on the person being kissed, and the person doing the kissing. If the person being kissed likes the other person, or both of them are friends, then there probably wouldn't be a problem. Sometimes though, the kiss could result in slapping or sexual harassment suits. If it were me, I guess I wouldn't really care. As long as it was an innocent kiss and the person wasn't a total stranger, I wouldn't think too much about it.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...well to be quite honest, I think that right now I'd be a little upset if somebody just walked up and kissed me. See, I've never been kissed either *blushes*, and I think I'd like to have that first kiss with my boyfriend (who I love dearly!). But I dunno, that's just how I feel about it right now....

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Reality is nothing but a collective hunch."
~Lily Tomlin

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kissing a co-worker out of the blue? No. No. No. Never. Especially at work. It can result in a a slap, a kick, a scream, possibly even a lawsuit! Even if you feel a mutual attraction between yourself and a coworker, it's best not to kiss them randomly.

A stranger on the street? No. God knows where THAT mouth has been.

A friend? Possibly. If it's a good friend that you want to be more than friends with (and you get the vibe they feel the same way), then take the chance. If you want to take a little guesswork out of it, ask if you can could kiss them first.

Good luck David!

------------------
Bad Cats!!

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For myself, I'm slow to react to surprises, even pleasant ones. So even if the kiss was from a source I appreciated, they'd probably still think I didn't enjoy it, because my brain would be going, "Huh? What the blazes?" thus preventing proper appreciation and kissing back. I enjoy it much more (and kiss back!) if I expect and want the kiss. (And if I don't want it, I'm better at ducking gracefully!)

------------------
And I've got no illusions about you.
Guess what? I never did.
When I said, when I said, "I'll take it."
I meant, I meant As Is.
--Ani DiFranco, "As Is"

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I now must share an amusing anecdote.

About nine years ago, my now-husband (and then friend and occasional lover )and I were supposed to meet for lunch at the health food store where we both worked part-time.

I came in through the back to meet him, and as I came through the doors, saw him happily skipping over to a woman who -- from behind -- really looked just like me -- hair, clothes, height, build and all. Before I could shout out hello, B. wrapped his arms around this poor chickie from behind and gave her a big hug and a smoochie, and she turned around very quickly, aghast right about the time I fell out laughing, so poor B. realized right at that moment that not only had he essentially accosted a total stranger 9and a customer, no less) but that I saw the whole thing happen.

All things considered, she handled it very gracefully. B., on the other hand, was five shades of crimson. I am fairly certain I busted my appendix laughing.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Miz S.

I would never let him live that down. Yes, I am mean.

Here, if you try to kiss someone who doesn't know you, expect a molest charge to be slapped on you or to get beaten up.

Yes, we are very friendly people.

But seriously, it is just not in our culture to kiss and hug strangers.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.