Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Whats your favorite??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whats your favorite??
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats your favorite Movie, TV show, novel?

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rocky Horror Picture Show, Grounded For Life, and.......crazy, by Benjamin Lebert. Has anyone else ever read that book? It's really excellent .

------------------
Bad Cats!!

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Movie: Independance Day (I know it's kinda old)

TV Show: Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Grosse Pointe

Novel: well, I don't read books in english as I'm a french-canadian. I've only read Carrier by some guy named Keith something. But I loved that one.

David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you conpletely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Empire Records, Two Guys & a Girl, & Where the Heart Is

------------------
"it's like being hit in the head repeatedly with a sock full of quarter's" ~~Daria~~

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, good question.

Movie: House on Haunted Hill and Idle Hands

t.v. show: That 70s Show

Novel: The babysitter by R.L. Stine and Tangerine by Edward Bloor.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exit seraphim
Activist
Member # 2566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exit seraphim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Movie - American Beauty, The Labyrinth, Dead Poets Society

Show - Gilmore Girls

Book - The Giver by Lois Lowry

-justine

------------------
have i been wrong?
have i been wise?
to shut my eyes and play along?

Posts: 142 | From: H*Ton, NY | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucky, I read that book, The Babysitter, a few years back. It scared the living daylights out of me! I had just started baby-sitting, and I don't know WHY I had to pick up a scary book on the subject, but I did. ::::shivers:::: It still gives me the chills to this day. I think I'll have to read it again, though
Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dogma, friends, stephen kings rose madder.

------------------
frozendream1026@aol.com

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by the way i also really love pet semetary and everyhting else made by stephen king. the green mile, the shining..... and i could keep going but i wont.

------------------
frozendream1026@aol.com

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I loooved the green mile!! It was awsome!

Movie ~ Green Mile, Armageddon
Show ~ That 70's show, dawsons creek, gilmore girls
Book ~ Anything by danielle steel !!

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
movie: The Crow, A Clockwork Orange, Contact

t.v. show: Hmmmm. Simpsons, That 70s Show, Battlebots

Book: The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I need my conscience to keep watch over me
To protect me from myself
So I can wear honesty like a crown on my head
When I walk into the promised land

Aria of Mayhem

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TV Show - Buffy (^5 David) and Friends (^5 Koger)

Movie - To Die For (*drool* Nicole Kidman) and Se7en (*drool* Brad Pitt)

Novel - Anything by Fiona Walker (Esp Kiss Chase) and Jilly Cooper.

(i finally thought of my fave movies)

[This message has been edited by Lin (edited 03-03-2001).]

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Movie: Much Ado about Nothing (well, it's a play, but I really like Kenneth Bragnah's film version of it).
TV Show: Daria
Book: Far too many to name- I really like fantasy novels however.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Movie, TV show, novel?

Rocky Horror Picture Show, Hard Day's Night (*sigh*), and chessy old SF

Errr . . .Twilight Zone? Any of the Degrassi shows? I really don't watch much TV

Richard Brautigan - In Watermelon Sugar (a beautiful, sad, obscure book from the sixties)
Banana Yoshimoto - Amrita (sort of similar to the above, and at the same time, nothing like it)
Daniel Pinkwater - Just about everything he's done. He's a strange, highly quirky, highly cool kids' writer.
And there're lots more, but there just ain't space for all of them.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Movie- Save The Last Dance, 10 Things I Hate About You (Julia Stiles is my girl!), 54, Cruel Intentions(RYAN!RYAN!RYAN!), and Pretty Women beause I would love to be paid $3000 to stay in a pent house and live the rich life. Heck! I'd do it for free!

TV Show- That 70's Show, and Who's Line Is It Anyways? We do alot of their games in Drama

Book- Where the Heart Is, Carrie, Dance For Three, and I Know Why The Cage Bird Sings.

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rio
Activist
Member # 2072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great question.

Movie- Breakfast at Tiffany's, the Breakfast Club, the Labyrinth

TV show- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Felicity (when I manage to catch it)

Novel- Hmmm... I have lots of these.
Anything by Neil Gaiman, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Jane Eyre, the list goes on....

-Rio

Posts: 60 | From: near Indianapolis | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Movie - Contact

TV Show - The Day the Universe Changed

Book - The Lord of the Rings

------------------
"A free society is a place where it's safe to be unpopular."

- Adlai Stevenson

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xezol
Neophyte
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xezol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Movie -- Way of the Gun, Clue, Hudsucker Proxy, Anything by Jet Li, Jackie Chan, or Chow Yun-Fat

TV -- Buffy, Simpsons, Moonlighting

Book -- Ender's Game

Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Film(sorry I refuse to call it movie)-don't really have one nothing I've seen has ever made me go, wow this is the best film I've ever seen.
TV Show-Frasier. It is clever and funny and brilliant.
Book-Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. OK, I haven't quite finished it yet but it is so damn good I love it.

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlirtieGirlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
movie: Gone with the Wind, Lady and the Tramp

TV show: ER, Malcolm in the Middle and Roswell.

Novel: Where the Heart Is, Gone with the Wind

------------------
Kids in the backseat cause accidents. Accidents in the backseats cause kids! (So be careful!) Luvs to Jeremy! Email me at Ladybug705@yahoo.com

Posts: 141 | From: The Bolton Ghetto, Mass. :-) | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.