Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Visit to the Hopital

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Visit to the Hopital
live4travel
Activist
Member # 1772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for live4travel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all, I'm going to be gone from the boards for a couple of days...I have to go to the hospital for depression. Yesterday at school I cut my arms up with scissors. I wasn't scared at first, but now as the time keeps inching closer, it's getting a little bit scarrier. I'm SO afraid that I might lose it in there. If I do, they'll send me to the quiet room. I'm SOO scared, I just want somebody to hug now... I almost feel like crying or somethign. Well I'm goign to get into my mail and start emailing some friends and telling them what's up. I'll see you all later.

Dizzy n confused,
Josh

Posts: 116 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'll be thinking of you, Josh. Think about it as a chance to think through your issues and figure out what you want to do for yourself -- for Josh -- and don't worry too much about what other people have to say. You are a smart, sensitive person and I have the feeling you're going to come out on top with all this.

Be nice to your arms! Screwed up arms = no typing = no Josh at Scarleteen, and we'd miss you too much for that.

Hang in there, cowboy. *hug*

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlirtieGirlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, it's gonna be okay. You're gonna be fine and we look foward to having you back here soon!

Hang in there, we luv ya!

------------------
Kids in the backseat cause accidents. Accidents in the backseats cause kids! (So be careful!) Luvs to Jeremy! Email me at Ladybug705@yahoo.com

Posts: 141 | From: The Bolton Ghetto, Mass. :-) | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there, Josh.

Hanne has said everything I wanted to say, a lot better than I could have said it.

Be assured I am thinking of you and sending lots of energy your way.

*huggles*
Alaska

------------------
Just a regular lunatic.
Go inside Alaska's head...

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
live4travel
Activist
Member # 1772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for live4travel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all very much. I hope so, I'm just so scared I'm goign to break down in there. They won't let you listen to music, talk to friends, or be on a computer. That's my LIFE! That's how I calm myself down. Now what am I to do? My mom says I'll only be there for about 2-3 days. I think that's bull crap. They say themselves it takes 3 weeks to see how meds work! This is crazy and I'm so scared. I only scratched my arms up really bad Hanne. Just my biceps and my fore arms. I wrote, "MY OWN PRISON" on my right fore arm, a heart with a sword sticking through it that says "LOVE?" in the middle of the heart on my right bicep. And this symbol I made up. My left forearm says "BLEED" I drew a rose on my left bicep. Plus a symbol I made. I wrote "CHILD OF GOD" it didn't show up very much at all. I also wrote really small "WHY?" Well I have to go now. Love you

Josh

Posts: 116 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Know what?

You may find out that that really ISN'T your life. Really, doll. You exist as you without any of those things. And knowing how to do that is a pretty big deal. And know what? You'll learn that in time. I promise.

We're all rooting for you, Josh.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 67221 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Big hugs*

Hang in there buddy. Everything is going to be alright. This will give you good time think about what you have done, and there's nothing wrong with that. I wish you the bestest luck!

P.S. Thank you for that compliment you gave me in my Village People post *blush*

------------------
~*~Buff Chick~*~
*kiss*kiss* to my Karamel Kid! :)

"No one can stop you from who you love and the one love is who you love."

"Never frown because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile."

Watch out! I'm a awful speller. *hehe*

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*hugs* Josh.

I hope everything works out and I want to see you here soon.

Sending tonnes of positive energy your way.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
((((BIG OL' HUGGINS))))

I hope you feel betters, and everything will be okies!!!! Were all here for you!!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Its the best feeling in the world to know that somebody loves you more then anything in the world! *~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Josh:

I spent 3 weeks on a psychiatric ward for depresion in 1987. My biggest problem there was that everybody smoked like a chimney and I am allergic to tobacco. They have since changed their policy and smoking is now only allowed outdoors.

While I did not have access to a PC (few did in 1987, I did have my own radio and telephone and access to the TV lounge. Unfortunately, everybody wanted wo watch WWF wrestling. :-(

I don't know what psychiatric wards are like in your area but in Ontario, they are friendly places with the accent on getting well. I found it a positive experience.

------------------
"A free society is a place where it's safe to be unpopular."

- Adlai Stevenson

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 02-08-2001).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CraxyMAX62
Neophyte
Member # 2669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CraxyMAX62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Josh,

I know almost EXACTLY what you are going through, I had a date this past weekend, and it went so good and my emotions took hold of me and she kissed me right there and then(frenched me too), but the aftermath was incredibly terrible, she told me she didnt like me in that way and that the kiss meant nothing to her, I snapped and told one of her close friends something I shouldnt have, she is so angry with me that I am so angry with myself, Ive been cutting my arm recently too and threatened suicide almost. Im seeing a therapist right now but my next appointment is in 2 weeks, Im was not sure if I would be able to hold out. But then A friend of mine called and told me that everything was going to be OK and she told me a long list of christian things I keep in my head and remember, It helped out a lot. I really hope the friends you have are supportful, cause friends are the ones that have kept me alive at this point and they mean so much to me. Talking to friends can really help a person out, ya know what I mean? I hope everything goes well for you man, take care of yourself and good luck.

Posts: 1 | From: My Own Prison | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WWF. Don't even get me started.

I sure hope Josh doesn't come back talking like the Undertaker.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man . . . one of my friends, a depressive, cutter, and general melodramatic (not saying she's not unwell, but she does play it up), ended up in hospital after overdosing. I'd been supposed to see her that day, but ended up being held responsible for the overdose by her mother, taking a bus to my partner's and trying not to cry too much, and eventually found out which hospital she was in, and spent most of the weekend there. Other than being a bit upset over not being allowed out, she seemed fine, and had a decent room mate, who actually seemed impressed that I was dressed like the slut-girl from Degrassi Junior High (Stephanie Kaye . . . I think? She did have that reputation). My point, I guess, is that she survived, I survived -- and if you avoid doing anything too scary, your friends and family should be fine too. You'll be okay. I'm quite ceetain of this.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
live4travel
Activist
Member # 1772

Hey all ye dawgz, I'M BACK! Dang that was a LOOOONG stay. I saw people come, people go, the whole time I was stuck in there. Usually on the lowest level possible. I cut on the first day, that didn't help, and ended up sleeping in the quiet room which is a padded room. After a while, when they knew I wouldn't hurt myself they gave me a radio, some paper, and markers. I wrote a poem then. I just got out yesterday afternoon. Oh my gosh, we had to watch a lot of Degrassi High films. I saw some of the one when this guy committed suicide. And then there was the one where this guy found out he contracted AIDS from his first sexual intercourse. Well ANYWAYS! I made a couple of friends while I was there too. Most everyone that was there while I was left before or the day of my discharge. Well, it was definately something of an experience. The reason for my extended stay was b/c of the cutting and they found out I had anger management problems. My self esteem is a little bit better now too. I'm still WAAAY behind on my homework. I don't think I'll ever get it done. Today, I went to a store that is closing down. So I got this towel with a tigers head on it. I got a soft, cumfy pillow with tiger stripes on it. The main thing I bought cost $200!!! 5 cd 100 watt STEREO SYSTEM BABYYYY! YYAAA HAAAA. It is SAWEET. :P heheehe well there's the update on me. Lot's of love to all of ya! OH WAIT, now I remember what I wanted to say! On Valentines Day I made two Valentine cards. 1 for this one girl that I kind of liked and could talk to pretty well and one for this other girl that was really nice. She is a bit behind though mentally. So I thought it would help make her smile some. Before I left I told her to not forget to smile. I helped her write a letter to her family also. She doesn't know how to read that well. It was fun. Well I'll talk to you later.

Josh

glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WELCOME BACK, we are all glad that you are back!!!!!!!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back and I'm glad you're feeling happier.
Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back and I'm glad you're feeling better!

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip."
~Jonathan Carroll

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back, Josh! It's good to see your smiling typing face.

Hope you're back to stay this time, buckaroo.

Hugs!

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back! It's good to hear your good news

------------------
They say you are what you eat, I say eat as much as you want, spiritualy!

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Welcome back Josh!

*hugs*

Glad to hear you aren't talking like the Undertaker.

Hope everything starts working out real well for you. Nice to have u back.

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! Good to see you back here again, hope it's going better....

Albert Camus once wrote: "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lay an invincible summer."
You can do it, chap.

*huggles*
Alaska

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sourgirl1986
Activist
Member # 2795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sourgirl1986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Josh,
Hey... I know what you're going through... I just got diagnosed with severe depression today. If you ever wanna talk or just need some kind words, just email me, ok!!! I am glad to hear that you're doing better... hang in there bud!!! It will be ok, hopefully...

sourgirl1986@hotmail.com

~*~*Sourgirl*~*~

[This message has been edited by Sourgirl1986 (edited 02-19-2001).]

Posts: 43 | From: OK USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.