Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Need to talk bout my Friend again, good this time (sorta)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need to talk bout my Friend again, good this time (sorta)
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She has decided to give the baby up for adoption. Anthony (father to be) actually got to see he on Sunday (without he family knowing) and she had decided to give it up. Either today or tomarrow she will be searching for some potential adoptive parents. I think that this is a good step for her in the right direction.

HOWEVER, and this is a big however, she still has decided not to go back to school, ever. This is bad. And everyone knows it. Even Anthony. Of course she also said she would never give the baby up, and now she is. I think if I keep my hopes up, with gentle encouragement (not one of my specialties... i tend to use tough love) she just might decide to go back to school. And perhaps her parents might make her. Anthony came up with the suggestion of an alternative school ran through our school but at a different location down the road. That is another option i hope she considers.

Anyway, I just had to give that update.

Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How old is said friend again? because if she's under 16 in the states, she legally HAS to go to school.

And I do hope you mean she's working with an agency. You really can't search for adoptive parents on your own, save from weird personals ads now and then.

And flatly, even if you could, I don't think most full-fledged adults could culpably manage the whole process (pregancy, birth, lawyers, money, etc.) on their own.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68215 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would love to adopt a baby. my husband agrees. although i am not of legal age yet. the only thing that i would be worried abut would be the biological mother coming back and trying to take the baby. if i could adopt that baby i would.

------------------
fairykoger@hotmail.com

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know if she is going through an agency. I assume so. I heard this from her b/f so it might have gotten a little confused in her head.

She is 15 presently. I cannot remember when her birthday is, i believe it is in May but i am not sure. I forgot to mention, she went to the doctor and she is 8 weeks along.

I just hope she goes to Abel (the alternative school i mentioned) I dont know exactly what will happen though.

Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If she is 15, she legally has to be in school.

Honestly, the best thing you could do for her is to tell the prinicipal of her school that she is out of school without plans to come back. I know that sounds harsh, but it ain't half as harsh as trying to get through life without even a high school education -- and in the chance that she changes her mind as has the baby, she's going to be screwed if she doesn't even have the education to get a minimum-wage job.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68215 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.