Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Movie Suggestions!!! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Movie Suggestions!!!
Unnamed
Neophyte
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unnamed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Amelie" is great, and "A Fish Called Wanda" is really funny.

Posts: 8 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smily1
Neophyte
Member # 8136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smily1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4 anyone who likes Tom Cruise....i absolutely LOVEd, LOVED, LOVED, Minority Report. it was AWSOME!!! it was a great story w/ great special effects. i highly recomend it!!

------------------
:D~Smile Its In Style~:D

Posts: 30 | From: chicago,IL | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
West1001
Activist
Member # 8317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for West1001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have any really sappy girlie movies to recommend. I'm in a girlie tear jerking mood. Thanks..
Posts: 99 | From: Vancouver, BC, CANADA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alohamora
Neophyte
Member # 8892

Icon 10 posted      Profile for alohamora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mmm....(rubbing hands together)

Good movies? Oh, someone mentioned Run Lola Run, and I'd have to agree.

Another one, that's equally good with the same actress (Franka Potente, amazing) is called the Princess and the Warrior.

There's this scene, under a truck. Oh, my!

Go check it out!

Posts: 36 | From: Sunny Southern California | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MeanPeopleSuck
Neophyte
Member # 9579

Icon 14 posted      Profile for MeanPeopleSuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gladiator
Clerks
Chasing Amy
Shawshank Redemption (fav movie of all time)
The Untouchables
Me Myself and Irene
The Rainman
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
The Princess Bride
The Goodfellas
Heat
Memento
A Beautiful Mind
Pulp Fiction
Platoon

* Sorry if some are repeats!
*All these movies rock in my opinion. (Not in any specific order)

[This message has been edited by MeanPeopleSuck (edited 08-16-2002).]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my suggestions go as follows:

1. Stigmata
2. Field of Dreams ("if you build it they will come")
3. The Green Mile (so sad)
4. The Exorsist
5. Muppets From Space
6. The Faculty (gives me the warm fuzzies)
6. Drive Me Crazy (soooo cute)
7. Pay It Forward (the coolest gangster guy on the planet)

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxfire
Activist
Member # 8676

Icon 10 posted      Profile for foxfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw the movie Triple X and I liked it alot. I wasnt real big on seeing it in the first place but I was really glad I did. It had great action scenes, only one real "sex" scene (It had a half naked girl dancing with a bed post) it also has a killer plot with some fantastic surprises. It's a really good date movie.
Posts: 117 | From: Washington | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pay it Forward is so sad at the end . I personally like funny movies like "Half Baked", "Cruel Intentions" is also good, it has Ryan Phillippe in it! There's more but I cant think of them..."Pearl Harbor" is really really good but it's kinda long.
Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KissyFace8
Activist
Member # 7203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KissyFace8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some movies...well, I went to see Blue Crush recently and really liked it. It had get special effects of the waves. It's like you were actually in the water. And the storyline was pretty good (I'm not sure if someone already suggested this movie.) I do not recomment Pearl Harbour (no offense). I thought it was too "Japanese are bad, Americans are good."
Enjoy! If I think of more, I'm post them.

*muah*
KissyFace8

------------------
*You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you are all the same*
C-eh N-eh D-eh!
Canadian girls kick ASS!

Posts: 41 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MiSs_Behave
Activist
Member # 8605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MiSs_Behave     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a movie buff! This is easy..

1). Chocolat
2). Up Close and Personal
3). Shrek
4). Ever After
5). Entrapment
6). Lilo & Stitch
7). Father of the Bride
8). Where the Heart Is
9). Gone in 60 Seconds
10). BEAN!

------------------
Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the MaDdNeSs...

Posts: 56 | From: Land of Oz | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiffRaff
Neophyte
Member # 10576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiffRaff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might as well post my list (not really in any order):

Donnie Darko
American Beauty
Requiem for a Dream
Pi
Any Monty Python flick
Run Lola Run
The Princess and the Warrior
The Usual Suspects
A Clockwork Orange
Did I mention Donnie Darko?
Cinema Paradiso
Rocky Horror
The Princess Bride
Amelie
City of Lost Children
Fight Club
Moulin Rouge
The Big Lebowski
American History X
Leon (aka The Professional)
Shawshank Redemption
And in case I forgot to mention it, Donnie Darko.

I only mention Donnie Darko so often because not enough people have seen it.
I know I left a lot out of this list. I'm sure I'll think of several more as soon as I post this.

[This message has been edited by RiffRaff (edited 11-13-2002).]

Posts: 10 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tigress
Activist
Member # 9461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tigress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A VERY scary movie I have just recently seen is "The Ring". I couldn't sleep that night! Anyone else seen it?
Posts: 119 | From: SoRoa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by KissyFace8:
I do not recomment Pearl Harbour (no offense). I thought it was too "Japanese are bad, Americans are good."

Sorry, even though this particular post is a touch old, I couldn't resist my comment. I personally don't reccomend the movie because I thought it was a bit too "the Japanese stage an attack on a love triangle."

------------------
Tim
Scarleteen Advocate

I am not Dr. Freud, nor is he on staff. The talking cure this ain't.

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KissyFace8
Activist
Member # 7203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KissyFace8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love Lord of the Rings 1 and 2 and Harry Potter 1 and 2! Great movies, you should go and see it! And Catch Me If You Can was amazing. Leonardo Dicaprio did a really good comeback. He looked so good in the movie! Back with more later!

*muah*
KissyFace8

------------------
*You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you are all the same*
C-eh N-eh D-eh!
Canadian girls kick ASS!

Posts: 41 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
youcancallmepunk
Activist
Member # 11139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for youcancallmepunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My turn ::rubs hands together::
In no particular order:
Lord of the Rings (the whole trilogy)
Empire Records
Dazed and Confused (SHOTGUN!!!)
HP-SS & COS
Willow
The Breakfast Club
St. Elmo's Fire
Rocky Horror
The Labyrinth
Dirty Dancing
GI Jane
Shrek
Dogma *Basically any Kevin Smith flick*
Braveheart
Signs
The War

Thats it for now, I love movies!!!

Posts: 197 | From: north carolina, United States | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw 'Catch Me If You Can' starring Tom Hanks and Leo DiCaprio. I can't stand Leo, but this time I have to give him mad props because he played the role very well. It's a good date movie, but it's not sappy, just pleasant. Good to see with friends, and it's even good enouh to see with your parents (some sex scenes, but nothing graphic at all). No gore. No explosions. It doesn't push any cinematic or technological boundaries. It's just a good old fashioned movie. You will feel good when you walk out of that cinema.

------------------
Don't be coward like shrimp, be brave like PRAWN!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
A Beautiful Mind
Oh Brother Where Ar't Thou
Chocolat
A Bridge Too Far
2001: A Space Odyssey
Contact
Men in Black
The Haunting (1963 version)
The Wicker Man
Arsenic and Old Lace
The Third Man

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 01-11-2003).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
britt0285
Activist
Member # 11036

Icon 7 posted      Profile for britt0285     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tigress, I also could not sleep after seeing 'The Ring'! I felt soo stupid about it. Hehe, after 7 days I was like okay good, I can sleep now, hehe.

I really liked Moulin Rouge, even though a lot of people didn't. Its part of the Red Curtain Triology. It made me cry. But its really good.

If you like period pieces, I would suggest Mansfield Park, its a Jane Austen novel made into a movie and its also really good.

Posts: 87 | From: TX | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Troy' was bloody awful. i'm a huge fan of Greek literature, and Homer is one of my faves. so to see this bastardization of 'The Iliad' really made my skin crawl. At least it didn't cost me $9.50 (I saw the matinee). They said "inspired' by 'The Iliad', but they should've said "Story features characters sharing the same names as characters from 'The Iliad'" Uggh. Still, if you know nothing about Greek lit, and you enjoy big, violent movies, this is a good deal. On the plus side, I gotta say Brad Pitt was an excellent choice as Achilles.

------------------
"Have you ever taken a moment to consider the alternate meaning of the word 'debugger?'" quoth Jack
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For you indie types, here's some things I've enjoyed lately:

Super-Size Me EVERYBODY needs to watch this, then eat a salad and run some laps. okay, it's horribly biased, but it's a great eye-opener. It's also pretty funny, and a little disturbing all at once. Given that teens eat a whole lot of junk food, there's not a person on this site who shouldn't watch this film!!!

Eternal Sunshine... is kinda strange, but pleasant. I felt good watching it. It's also a freaky mindtrip for those of you who have any interest in the human psyche and the philosophical implications of messing with it. Jim Carrey did a great job in this role. I hated Elijah Wood's character (which probably means he played it really well), and Kiki Dunst makes my skin crawl (they could've casted that role better). Still, Jim Carrey was good. Watch this movie with a date.

------------------
"Have you ever taken a moment to consider the alternate meaning of the word 'debugger?'" quoth Jack
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw "Theatre of Blood" for the first time in about 20 years. If you like gore dashed with liberal amounts of Shakespeare, theatre critics and totally off-the wall humour it is fall-out-of-your-chair funny.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiyapeeps23
Activist
Member # 17908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiyapeeps23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw Scary Movie 3, in fact I'm watching it right now, and it is amazingly hilarious. There's no nudity or gross stuff like 1 & 2. It's really funny. You have to see it. My favorite character is Cody, all of those tormenting things happening to him...heh. RECOMMENDED

Chicago is one of my all time favorite movies. The talent and story is incredible. The sound track is killer, too. Sure, it's about killing your husband and lying to get out of jail, but it really gives you a sense of life in the 1920's, or whenever it takes place. RECOMMENDED

The Exorcist. Sure, this movie scares the crap out of me, but it is a great movie. I'm currently reading the book. The Exorcist has a great story, a couple twists in a couple parts, and it always leaves you wondering in suspense. Excellent!! I am obsessed with anything dealing with Linda Blair, William Peter Blatty, etc. The Exorcist is the best classic ever. Oh, by the the way, the special effects are incredibly real, except one part, which is an exception. RECOMMENDED

Posts: 118 | From: Where the shoobies roam... | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiyapeeps23
Activist
Member # 17908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiyapeeps23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know, I mind as well put my ENTIRE list, so why not.

1. The Exorcist
2. Scary Movie 3
3. Chicago
4. Field of Dreams
5. Where the Heart Is
6. Anywhere but Here
7. Spirited Away
8. Pirates of the Carribean
9. The League of Extraodinary Gentlemen
10. The Dreamcatcher
11. The Others
12. Evita
13. Dude, Where's My Car
14. Rumble Fish
15. Signs
Can't think of any more right now...

Posts: 118 | From: Where the shoobies roam... | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexythang7
Neophyte
Member # 18650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sexythang7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Urban Cowboy"
"Chasing Libery"
"Stepford Wives"--Not available to rent yet
"Love Actually"
"Ever After"
"My Boss's Daughter"
"Where the Heart Is"
"Anywhere But Here"

Ahhh, I'm brain dead right now. If I think of more I'll let ya know, lol!

------------------
Save a horse, ride a cowboy!

[This message has been edited by Sexythang7 (edited 06-24-2004).]

Posts: 10 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't there an older movie of The Stepford Wives, too? There was definitely a book, anyway, by Ira Levin, who also wrote Rosemary's Baby, another movie worth seeing.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

All you suicide kings and you drama queens . . .

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just a few of my favorites...

memento
Velvet Goldmine
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (though I don't think it's up for rental yet)
the maltese falcon
28 days later (if you like scary things--also, check out "night of the living dead". both legitimately good zombie movies.)

Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icanthinkofaname
Activist
Member # 12481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icanthinkofaname     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
butterfly effect (when it comes out)
half baked
someting's gotta give

28 days later was prety good, but nothing like it was cracked up to be. on the bright side, its more startling scary, but not scary afterward, unlike other movies like the ring (do not watch that movie cuz its friggin scary!)

------------------
If you can't say something nice, then don't say something nice.

Posts: 95 | From: Look behind you..... | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kt04vw
Neophyte
Member # 18628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kt04vw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Blow
*Snatch
*Lock, Stock, and 2 smoking barrels
*Amelie
*The shawshank redemption
*Requiem for a dream (good music)
*Trainspotting (young Ewan Mcgreggor)
*Underworld (underated)
*Boogie Nights
*Kill Bill vol 1 and 2
*Big Fish
*Almost Famous
*The Pianist (A must see)
*The Chappelle's Show on dvd
*1 more: Pink Floyd's The Wall. Good music, interesting music video

Posts: 30 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Queer Kat
Neophyte
Member # 19168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Queer Kat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm not sure if the ones I'm going to mention have already been mentioned as I have not read all the posts. But, I loved Donnie Darko, Requiem For A Dream (even though it was sad), and Kill Bill both volume one and two.

If I think of more, I'll be coming back.

[This message has been edited by The Queer Kat (edited 07-24-2004).]

Posts: 13 | From: Australia, Sydney | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Queer Kat
Neophyte
Member # 19168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Queer Kat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did forget another movie that I find very interesting to the point of loving it:
Bowling For Columbine.

Posts: 13 | From: Australia, Sydney | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
christinejones
Activist
Member # 19128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christinejones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anything by david lean - i don't know why, i fall in love with the visuals maybe, cos in some ways they're really pretty slow but
'bridge over the river kwai' and 'dr.zhivago' - even laurence of arabia' - love em.
delicatessen is kind of weird and bit violent but interesting
betty blue (also a bit weird....)
and another french one - i think because i shared an apt with a french girl for a while and she was always bringing back these odd european godard/fellini/bergman type movies which were great but am never going to remember the titles excepting
the hairdressers husband not sure why that one sticks.
down by law - by jim jarmusch made me laugh its got that actor from a beautiful life... roberto benigni and he's very funny in it - but it's a bit off-beat.
and i thought the film about the ira with the (well i'm not gonna give the plot away) what was it called ---- when they kidnap forrest whittaker oh yeah 'the crying game' was kinda interesting too.

Posts: 139 | From: los angeles | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiyapeeps23
Activist
Member # 17908

Some more movies...

Garden State
Collateral
The Fugitive
Carrie
Riding in Cars With Boys
The Secret Window
Spiderman 2
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
South Park The Movie
Sliding Doors
Just Visiting
The Emperer's New Groove
A Night At The Roxbury
The Mothman Prophecies
Cold Mountain
The Fly

All I can think of right now...

roger3
Neophyte
Member # 19365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roger3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The funniest movie of all time is Nothing But Trouble. Dan Akroyd, Chevy Chase, John Candy, and Demi Moore. It's an old movie but it's the funniest you'll ever see.
Posts: 34 | From: Northfield,MN,U.S | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roger3
Neophyte
Member # 19365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roger3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The funniest movie ever is Nothing But Trouble, you have to rent that. Some other movies that I like are:

1.Hackers
2.The Replacements
3.Malibu's Most Wanted
4.Training Day
5.Butterfly Effect
6.Man on Fire
7.Spiderman 1 and 2
8.Biker Boyz
9.American Wedding
10.The Adventures of Pluto Nash
11.Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights
12.Phone Booth
13.City By The Sea
14.Waterworld
15.The Fifth Element
16.Basic
17.Bringin Down The House
18.I Spy
19.Scary Movie 2
20.Hellboy
21.The New Guy

I LOVE watching movies!

Posts: 34 | From: Northfield,MN,U.S | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GarnetAngel
Neophyte
Member # 17326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GarnetAngel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love all kinds of movies and i would take up far to much time and bored most ppl 2 death if i listed them all
but i have 2 recomded
Life as A House-which was never released in the uk in the cinema i dont think and We were soliders. I watched the Soliders wiv my mum who hates war films and this film made her cry
both are well worth watching

Posts: 3 | From: Liverpool, Uk | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.