Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » FINALS WEEK!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FINALS WEEK!
KimmyP
Activist
Member # 613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KimmyP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im taking a MUCH needed break from studying and writing essays to wish everybody GOOD LUCK on their finals and HAPPY STUDYING!!

If you're a COLLEGE STUDENT reading this, GET BACK TO STUDYING! LOL =)

-=kimmy=-

------------------
Its ALL good :)
If you can't beat 'em, arrange to have them beaten.--George Carlin

Posts: 54 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoupPrincess
Activist
Member # 1856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoupPrincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is this studying?

Hee hee! I love procrastination.

------------------
When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.

Posts: 47 | From: Bloomington IL (the boringest place on earth) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone here check the boards every ten minutes or so when they really should be studying or working? Heh heh, I used to have a problem like that. Now, it's email that I go back to again and again.
Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KimmyP
Activist
Member # 613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KimmyP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, here I am, taking another lil break from homework & studying to read what people have said on my lil thread.
My downfall has definately GOT to be AOL Instant Messanger. Im really bad about chatting when I should be doing other things, like homework. Even when I put up an away message, and click the options to Hide the Messages & Disable Sounds, i still check to see if anyone messaged me. Yes, I know thats borderline pathetic, but what can i say? Im addicted.

------------------
Its ALL good :)
If you can't beat 'em, arrange to have them beaten.--George Carlin

Posts: 54 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm such an email/AOL IM addict. I swear there should be a support group for people like me or something, cause I just can't leave the stuff alone! Ugh! The only thing that makes it ok is that I still manage to get all the stuff I need to get done, done even though I'm constantly checking my mail!

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"If it is your time, love will track you down like a cruise missile."
~Lynda Barry

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i come here to unwind. right now, i'm enjoying my dinner break. will write paper as soon as i'm done.

------------------
Someday, I will have a sexy car...a very...sexy...car!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen my son for a while. He has 2 C++ projects and a philosophy paper due on Friday. He disappears into his room to work as soon as he gets home. He is experiencing whay my SO and I experienced 35 years ago. All professors think theirs is the only course you are taking.

Plus ca change, plus la meme chose

------------------
All paper clips are born free, but they live in chains

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh, I completely feel his pain with the C++ projects! I'm taking a C++ class too and I absolutely hate it! That prof is definately one of those who thinks his class is the only one you're taking...I think he just must have missed the memo that said that 90% of the class is taking 19 or 20 hours. What makes it even better is that his policy is "If you have a problem or you don't understand...don't bother me!" Is that great or what? And what's worse is that I think I'm going to have to take this class again for a higher grade! Alright, I'll stop whining now.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
~Lynda Barry

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uck finals. I cannot wait until they're done. My only fear is English 101, this is my 3rd time taking it and I think I will lose my marbles if I end up having to take it AGAIN! So that's the one I'm studying for like an insane person.

And I usually come to the boards to relax after successfully completing homework or when I'm taking a break from homework. Right now I should be getting ready for class actually, it's so cold though....I don't want to go out there!!!!

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{
"You flicker. And you're beautiful. You glow inside my head. You hold me hypnotized, I'm mesmerized..."
My Webpage-Alisons Life

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
paper's in. it was either pretty good, or complete verbal diarrhea. i was so sick of it by the time i was done, i couldn't bear to finish proofreading.

got a final tomorrow. then monday. then tuesday. then thursday. then i'm done. holiday shopping for me.

------------------
Someday, I will have a sexy car...a very...sexy...car!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KimmyP
Activist
Member # 613

I've got all the millions of papers turned in. Already taken 2 exams, got 3 left to go! but its FRIDAY, and im going to RELAX for once!
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off what's C++?

Anyway, I totally use the boards, email, ICQ, etc. to procrastinate with. I have poli sci tomorrow, and have I studied? I do pay attention in class so I'm generally ok, but I'm not sure about this one. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, work, must work. Good luck All!!!

Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

C++ is a computer programming language. It's what makes stuff like Microsoft Word, and even your web browser run.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
~Lynda Barry

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.