Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Does anyone know if this works?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone know if this works?
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just wondering if anyone had tried that Proactiv Solution. My best friend uses it, and she apparently likes it, she says that at least it doesn't burn her skin. But I was wondering if any other people had any experience with it. I'd like to try it, but I'm a bit leary of spending that kind of money based simply on what the people on the infomercial say, so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone else had an opinion about it.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"If it is your time, love will track you down like a cruise missile."
~Lynda Barry

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's it supposed to do?

My general advice, even not knowing what the heck this stuff is: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's for acne. I considered buying it too... but i'm not one to buy off tv, either... I'd be interested in hearing anyone's experiences, also.
Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since your friends uses it, why do you ask her to try some. It depends on what kind of skin you have, so you wouldn't have to buy all of it.

I am also one not to buy of TV, I just think it's a scam.

------------------
"No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap."
--Carrie Snow

"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
--Katharine Graham

The best website ever: www.evilrobots.com (I am related to the founder!)

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm going to borrow my friend's and try it before I buy anything...but she goes to school 12 hours away, and I won't see her till we both go home for Thanksgiving. I have no intention of buying it until I at least know if it's going to burn my skin off the way some of those cleansers and stuff do. But I just thought I'd ask and see if anyone else had any real experience with it. I'm very skeptical of anything they want you to buy on tv, but another one of my friend's dermatologists said that this stuff could actually help your skin recover after you'd taken accutane (which I just got off of), so I figured I'd see if anyone had anything to say! Thanks!

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"If it is your time, love will track you down like a cruise missile."
~Lynda Barry

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.