Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Role Models

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Role Models
troublemaka
Activist
Member # 543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troublemaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
everyone has them but usally no one really knows how importain that person is to them to they really think about it. so all of u out there tell me whos ur role model and y.

------------------
"Put ur hand in mine, I will slap ur sweet behind"---2+gather my fav boy band LOL

Posts: 92 | From: Somewere over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Role models, this is sooo easy. First and formost is my uncle. I spent the summer living with him in Boston (he just graduated from Berklee school of music, not to be confused with Berkely in cali). He listens to me, he gives great advice, and he understands. He's very very inspiring. He worked at a bank for years, had no college, but loved music. So he got accepted into the best program in the world and worked hard. He truly believes that anyone can do anything if they work hard enough. And he'll tell me that any day of the week.

Second would have to be the choreographer/leader of my old dance team. She was also the school counselor. She had danced her whole life, she's been in commercials and music videos and shows, but she wanted to work with children so she became a junior high counselor (against her mom's wishes! her mom even yelled at the principal, lol) She absolutely believes in me and that's way inspiring. She's young and talented and she does a job that the only people who say thank you are the few dancers who remembers. But she loves it and she knows she's making a difference.

My old math teacher, my old jazz teacher, my new jazz teacher, my new ballet teacher, all of them have been inspiring, I look up to all of them and they've all helped me become a person that I want to be. They're all role models.

Brittany

PS: All of these people I admire do what they love for a living, and they may not get paid a lot or have health plans and stock shares, but they love what they're doing and they do it well. Even if they don't get the appreciation they deserve, they're making a difference.

------------------
I'm the good girl that everyone thinks is a bad girl pretending to be a good girl :D

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I look up to most everyone in my family, but the person I really admire is Marilyn Monroe. She was beautiful, and she vuluptous. I'm not the model-stick thin-body type that's publicized today, and neither was she. Thanks to her, I love my body and every little curve on it .

------------------
u arent worthless if you can make someone laugh
there is a difference between being stupid and being ditzy. i ought to know

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
let's see.

So many of my teachers have inspired me and done wonderful things in my life and encouraged me to go into teaching and working with others.

Hm.

My first grade teacher, Sister Laurita, who realized that the best thing she could do for a smart shy kid was to give her lots of books and lots of freedom to learn all she could without forcing her to "be social" or follow some prescribed plan.

My piano teacher for ten years, who became my mentor, my counselor, and also my friend. She taught me music, but she also taught me about living and being your own person and chasing your dreams.

My tenth and twelfth grade English teacher, who mentored me, pushed me, and cared about me in ways that still touch my life today. I got to see him again in August, and I was so glad.

Mama Hall and Doc Fitzgibbons, my Academic Decathlon coaches in high school. Fantastic people and surrogate parents to a very scared and very lonely high school grrl. And they taught me calculus!

Two of my writing professors in college, who encouraged me to learn, to volunteer, to dream, and to work, and who put up with a whole year of "but will I *really* get into graduate school?" woes.

If I can touch one student's life in any of the ways that any of those people have touched mine, I will have done all that I ever need to do.

erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently started a post on this not realized that this was here. (Sorry, Miz Scarlet!)

My role model would definitely have to be my eldest brother. I act very much like him. I look up to him a lot too. Even though he moved out, we still talk a lot. Almost everyday, in fact. To tell you the truth, we've gotten closer since he moved out.

Sometimes, looking up to him is a bad idea. Other times, it's very good idea.

------------------
"No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap."
--Carrie Snow

"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
--Katharine Graham

The best website ever: www.evilrobots.com (I am related to the founder!)

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troublemaka
Activist
Member # 543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troublemaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well since this is my own topic i'll post here any ways

my role modle is none other than Tom Green. i love him! he tought me how to be my self w/o worrying what others say.

------------------
"Put ur hand in mine, I will slap ur sweet behind"---2+gather my fav boy band LOL

Posts: 92 | From: Somewere over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.