Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Birthdays suck

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birthdays suck
AshleyInABottle
Activist
Member # 1029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshleyInABottle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm depressed and I wanted to share it with the world. Today is my birthday and no one but my boyfriend and my mom remembered. All the so-called "friends" of mine didn't. I mean it only happens once a year why couldn't they just make me feel special for one day? I almost cried in school it was so horrible..oh well I guess I'll get over it.
Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet chick
Neophyte
Member # 1440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ASHLEYINABOTTLE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
* Hands you a birthday cake, with a trick candle. ( love those things)

Ok now, I know how you feel. My birthday is in the summer, and no one remembers. ONe time, my close aunt and uncle and family didn't even rember untill september!! Don't worry. Say something, like, "I had a great birthday cake last night", or "want to some over and see the new cd i got for my birthday?" Drop little hints, and they'll get the picture. Untill then...
Smile! It's your birthday!!!!

------------------
There are three kinds of people in the world;
Those who make things happen,
Those who watch things happen,
And those who wonder what happened.
Which one are you??

Sweet Chick

Posts: 39 | From: the nose ring of iowa. ( get out a map of the USA and look it up peeps) | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheneB
Activist
Member # 1643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheneB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel for you. I hate Bdays too, other then getting money. First its like " oh joy another year has gone by, more responcibilities " and i RARELY get to spend them with my GF. SO just be glad you got to spend yours with your significant other. Just look at whats GOOD about it, and not who all forgot about it.
Posts: 69 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheneB
Activist
Member # 1643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheneB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday. Forgot that at the end of that post.
Posts: 69 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My parents forgot my last birthday, but I was more amused than upset. They had already given me a present (my wonderful computer ), and I know that they had been talking about it being my birthday the day before- it just slipped their mind on the actual day. They didn't remember until my sister said happy birthday to me, at which point they felt absolutely terrible.

I know how you feel though. On my 16th birthday only my family seemed to remember. One of my friends remembered at the last minute and wrote me a little poem on the bus on her way to school, which was sort of nice, except that she decided that she liked the poem so much that she'd keep it for herself and only give me a photocopy of it!

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLY!!!!! Sorry about your friends forgeting your birthday, but HAPPY HAPPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!!!! DONT BE SAD SHOW BIG SMILES (Tee Hee)!!!!!
btw...I like the card Miz.S
Its like Sixteen Candles, maybe they will remember it tommorow and a prince charming will pick you up, and drive you in his BIG fancy car, make you a cake, and give you bigg kissys

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well...at least you ALMOST cried. Last year I REALLY cried. Not in front of anyone, but in the bathroom. See in my school, for people's birthday their friends usually bring them balloons. One of my friends did, but all the others looked like they were in shock....they completely forgot. It was the worst birthday I ever had because I didn't even get a present and I had no BF to boot! So don't feel to bad kiddo....next year will be better, and don't go 4getting your friends birthday's in spite. [hehe, jk]
Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AshleyInABottle
Activist
Member # 1029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshleyInABottle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are truly the best. I don't even know any of you..and you all have treated me better than my "friends" today..on my bday. Miz Scarlet..that lil card like thing was the sweetest! Thank you Miz S. and all the other people who made my b-day brighter. You all rule!
Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy late birthday Ashley!

If I knew you, I'd take you out for milkshakes.

Actually, I just had my birthday yesterday. I turned 20. It was nice. I have learned never to rely on people to remember my birthday because they never do. if I want a party, and flwoers and ballons, I arrange for that myself. The trick is, though, is to talk about it, then people feel like they're obligated to pitch in (oh, it's your birthda,y you shouldn't have to do all that by yourself... blah blah blah blah). They wind up throwing the party for you

------------------
if you get the molasses, i'll set up the trampoline.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fuzzhead29
Activist
Member # 532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fuzzhead29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ashley!

Happy belated birthday! How old are you now again? That really sucks about your "friends." It happened with me too. In eighth grade we always decorated our lockers for each other, and wore skirts to school on each others birthdays for each other. But when my birthday rolled around, I opened an empty locker and saw my friends in jeans. Sorry to make it about me- oops. Don't think your birthday sucks......you get cake! The 16th was my friends birthday too.....i felt bad, I didn't see him all day and then i went on a 3 day school trip and couldn't wish him happy birthday. Well, know that you share a birthday with one of the sweetest people I have ever known. Happy birthday again!

------------------
"If you obey all the
rules you miss all the fun."
-Katherine Hepburn

"What if you slept, and
what if in your sleep you dreamed
and what if in your dreams you went
to heaven and there you plucked a
strange and beautiful flower, and
what if when you awoke you had the
flower in your hand? Ah, what then?"
-Samuel T. Coleridge

Posts: 50 | From: New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AshleyInABottle
Activist
Member # 1029

Oh, I'm 17 now, since ya asked Thanks again guys...for replying and saying Happy Birthday to me..you all rule! I love ya!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.