Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » That girl we all know

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: That girl we all know
JJS'girl
Neophyte
Member # 1046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJS'girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My ex friend, is pretty no doubt about it but there are other pretty girls in our school as well. Some people think shes a god and most hate her, yet almost all the guys like her!She has that flirty, take me now kinda attitude and it drives me crazy that she thinks shes the best. No one ever stands up to her so it looks like she is the queen of our school! how can i get through to other people that she not a good person, i have known her 7 years now and i know the real her, why do you think i said ex friend. what should be done?
Posts: 11 | From: Portland OR USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you could talk to her and ask her why she acts this way...then talk to the other people about how you feel...maybe you shouldnt let her bother you as much as she is..keep your mind off of her and what shes doing and concentrate on your REAL friends that care about you!!!

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're going to go through life so thin-skinned, you're going to run into problems.

In my opinion, this is just one of those things you'll just have to live with. She is who she is - anything you say is just going to come across as bitchiness.

------------------
Revile the faceless, silent masses;
For therein lies destruction of soul.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As with most things, you have to trust that reality will kick in at some point. It isn't really your job to try and force it. let things take their course.

I also want to add that you know, it's no less hard to be the person perceived as the prettiest girl in school as the one that is the least unattractive. Each has it's own set of pressures, and even if she isn't nice all of the time, you need to cut her a little slack, too. It's very hard to be a real person and to feel okay about yourself when everyone else is wrapped up in how you look.

High school isn't real life, it's a very small, sheltered culture. In most cases, people behave very differently once they're out of it. Time handles these kinds of things on its own incredibly well.

I'd also be sure to take a good look at yourself and be sure jealousy isn't coloring some of your feelings. It's up to everyone else to make up their mind about someone, not you, me, or the rest of us, you know?

Posts: 67996 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JJS'girl
Neophyte
Member # 1046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJS'girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uhh ok i see your point but she is not a good person and i admit i have no controll over her, but i am not jelouse by any factor. She ruined my social life pretty much my only friends are out of my school or are in a completely different area and hardly know her! She wont drop the whole fight we had which is a whole other story, and is going around tellin everyone even after the counceleor told her not to. i dont do it then why does she have a right?
Posts: 11 | From: Portland OR USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CharmeD
Neophyte
Member # 1625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CharmeD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know don't think that you're alone at this. the exact same thing happened to me. there was this really popular girl in my school. she was really pretty and cool, and made everyone hate me. just because she was jealous of me. everyone listened to her and started ahting her. i just ignore all of them and went on with my life. and after a while it got better and eventhough i'm not friends with her now. i do have my old friends back.
Posts: 31 | From: Far away | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.