Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » What's your favorite music? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What's your favorite music?
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Rock, all types of rock!
Some of my favourite bands:

Blink 182
Green Day
Incubus
Ataris
Hoobastank
NOFX
BoxCar Racer
Jimmy Eat World
Linkin Park
Our Lady Peace
Papa Roach
Sum 41
The Offspring (alot of the older stuff)
Weezer
Oasis (the Old stuff... new stuff isn't that great)
Lit
Korn

But other than that, I do like Eminem,Blackalicious,Nelly, and the old rap stars like Biggy,Mase and Puff Daddy's old stuff!

[This message has been edited by celery (edited 07-21-2002).]

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 10 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my total faves are:
Beatles
Weezer<--im obsessed!
John Lennon
Jimmy Eat World
Sheryl Crow
Tool
Lit
Bare Naked Ladies
Papa Roach
Nirvana

no bubbly pop for me either...but they play it so many times on the radio...i know all the words. i worry myself sometimes

------------------
*~remember the only thing we need sometimes are chilly nights and warmer thighs, cuz nothing is like being held...sometimes*~

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel07
Activist
Member # 8018

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Angel07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey~ i listen 2 alot of music like ~
nelly
eminem(oh if you want to know something, i used to think when i saw stuff in the paper about him, that you said his name like "n em i um" so when i heard about "m & m" i thought they were 2 different people for the longest time!! lol )
country
ok ok. i like britney spears
dont wanna miss a thing~aerosmith
most rap, R&B
i LOVE avril~complicated~ she is my new role model!!

Posts: 131 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshine_1ofakind
Activist
Member # 3215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshine_1ofakind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really love bands like:
Nirvana
Korn
Slipknot
Limp Bizkit
System of a Down
Static-X
Weezer
Creed
Nickelback
Lonestar
well...I like a little bit of everything, just not pop.

Posts: 61 | From: Mayfield, Ky | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel07
Activist
Member # 8018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol i was going to reply to this and was shocked to see i already had!
to add to the whole eminem 2 people thing in my other post,when i thought that i hated the "n em i um" guy in the paper and loved the "m&m" guy i heard. im crazy! lol
i listen to country more and more now, my country friends have changed me. recently i heard lucy woodward for the first time, and i rather liked her!
i DONT like justin timberlake. not even when he was in NYSNC.
goodness, its lightning so id better fly~

Posts: 131 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gaea
Neophyte
Member # 10970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gaea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to name a few...
liz phair
ani difranco
erin mckeown
aimee mann
beth orton
ben lee
belle and sebastian
elliott smith
radiohead
portishead
the smiths
the cure
the strokes

Posts: 9 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*thatchrisygirl*
Neophyte
Member # 8930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *thatchrisygirl*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a series of music that I have a serious disdain for on here, some of it on the other hand is easy on the ears. If I could offer ya'll (<--- it's a Texas draw thing) some amazingly tastful music it would be:
FAMILIAR 48
GREENWHEEL
THIRD EYE BLIND
DROPLINE
SWITCHFOOT
INCUBUS
12 STONES
LIFEHOUSE
HOOBASTANK
DASHBOARD CONFESSIONALS
JEWEL
TORI AMOS
RASCAL FLATTS

Posts: 7 | From: Tx | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missyj
Activist
Member # 10430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missyj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love just about everything-
not to keen on heavy metal or country, but anything else is great. Nonetheless, fav artist of all time is still Savage Garden, I love those guys!!! Too bad, they broke up, but their songs are still good, and Darren Hayes is still making pretty good songs too.

------------------
Love is natural, and everything that goes with it. ;)

Posts: 153 | From: Oakville, Ontario. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blond ambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Ani Difranco is the best!!!!, *Noe Venable, (she opened up for ani on her last tour, shes amazing)Also: *Mazzy Star, *Portishead
*Smashing Pumpkins, NIN...Kidney Thieves, Massive Attack, Bob Dylan, *Fiona Apple, Tori Amos...classical from beethoven, and mozart, bach and others...some beatles, The Ramones, The Cure,*Lauren Hill,I also like some music that my guy plays, i donno if i can name them all, KMFDM, Kraftwerk, ..ohh i wish i could remember them all...but i think i have enough here anyway :P

Posts: 351 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My music taste has changed significantly in the past 6 months...

...I used to be a straight up country girl, not liking anything else. Then it got rather, um, boring, so I opened up my taste and began to like:

-Weezer! I love Weezer.
-Eve 6. I love Eve 6, also.
-Lit. I love Lit!
-Good Charlotte. Love Good Charlotte.
-Sublime.
-Dexter Freebish
-Shakira. I love Shakira.
-Paul Simon! I love Paul Simon.
-The Ramones. I love old music, or music that sounds old.
-Incubus. They're so cool.
-The Strokes.
-The Beach Boys.
-No Doubt. I've always loved No Doubt.
I love music.

------------------
"There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread." -Mother Teresa

"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -Theodore Rubin

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blond ambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guy loves shakira!
He sometimes says i look like her, he also has said that about other blonde singers, not so sure if thats a good thing him doing that or not...but im too scared to sing for him, no matter how much he persists.

Posts: 351 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, these are 3 completely different types of music, but variety is the spice of life, after all.
My current favorites are:
-Simon and Garfunkel
-2 Skinny J's (pump up the gas grill! BLUE FLAMES!)
-Josh Groban (he's so hot! I'm in love with him)

------------------
I'd rather be a forest than a street. Yes I would. If I could, I surely would.

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sachie
Activist
Member # 9895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sachie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooh. i like weezer, placebo, nirvana, no doubt, garbage, green day, phantom planet, system of a down, rasputina, bright eyes, the red hot chili peppers, the living end, jimmy eat world, moby, linkin park, jack off jill, tsunami bomb, rainer maria, silverchair... lotsa stuff.

------------------
libido ergo sum.

Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for velocette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My current favourite artists:

Robots in Disguise - half robot, half performance art. Been described as a mix of Kraftwerk, Stereolab, and the Slits. They are beyond amazing.

Sing-Sing - features Emma Anderson (ex-Lush). This band writes wicked pop tunes and are the nicest bunch of gals.

bis - their music has a huge electro flare now. They've matured from their kandy-pop days.

Cat Power - she has a new album coming out soon. It's a lot more confident then her previous works and it better, in my opinion.

Sleater-Kinney - my friend Sarah and I are going to see them twice in February and we are both very excited. These girls know how to put on an excellent live show.

I can't think of many other bands at the moment that are worth mentioning. By the by, the new Delgados record "Hate" is fabulous :-)

-veronica

Posts: 81 | From: Hayward, California, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
herecomestheson
Activist
Member # 8200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for herecomestheson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janet Weiss (of Sleater Kinney) is awesome. You should check out another band she drums for called Quasi. Great!
Posts: 72 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jewishpunk
Activist
Member # 8056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jewishpunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love punk rock, heavy metal, and classical. I started to like slasa and merengue after I went on a trip to Costa Rica (in Central America for all those people who don't know).

I like Disturbed, New Found Glory, Box Car Racer, Papa Roach, Offspring, Led Zepplin, Rob Zombie, Avril Lavigne, Good Charlotte, Sevendust, Staind, Blink 182, Greenday, Ozzy and Kelly Osbourne, Marilyn Manson, NOFX, Limp Bizkit, Eminem, and of course...

BOB MARLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
*No one dies a virgin, life screws everyone.*

Posts: 67 | From: Some unknown planet beyond the solar system. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babygurl13
Neophyte
Member # 10363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babygurl13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favorite bands (not in order love all of them to much to choose which one i like more)

Good Charlotte
Aerosmith
Disturbed
Ozzy
Puddle of Mudd
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Goo Goo Dolls
Korn
Limp Bizkit
Kid Rock
ok i know im weird but :blush: NSYNC......im still in love with their music
Nirvana (RIP Kurt Cobain)

Thats just the top 1/8 of my list...........

Becka

------------------
The mind is like a parachute, it only works if it's open - Steven Tyler

Posts: 32 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghetto gurl#1
Neophyte
Member # 11829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghetto gurl#1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite music is rap and randb like JA RULE,Aaliyh,B.I.G,Bow wow,B2k,(somtimes 50 cent)Mario,R.kelly JUST A FAN OF HIS MUSIC(only)not him,and lil Kim
Posts: 21 | From: Jersey city,New Jersey,United States | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatsthatmommy
Activist
Member # 7869

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatsthatmommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I generally like all music from the beatles to nirvana, but i have been hooked on one thing lately..Eminem. You got to listen to his lyrics in the song kim. It shows how destroyed he was after the breakup with kim. It shows raw human emotion... somthing the any boy ban doesnt show

------------------
Get close to your friends, but closer to your enemies.

Posts: 69 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I think He Hit Me And It Felt Like A Kiss has some competition, and Bigmouth Strikes Again pales in comparison (but at least it had Johnny Marr's guitar). I'll take the Monkees over a glorificiation of domestic abuse any day. And while I realise that may not have been the intent of the song, I think such subtleties are bound to be lost on much of the listening audience.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost
Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
animegirl
Activist
Member # 11252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for animegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOOOOOOOOOO ROCK MUSIC!!! Im a BIG rock girl... I love Foo Fighters, In Flames, Deadsy (Cher's son is the lead singer, but NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT THEM ), Stone Temple Pilots, CKY, Andrew WK, Rammstein, Saliva, Ozzy Osbourne, Queens of the Stonage, and H.I.M.

PLUS.... 80s rock is great too!:
A FLock of Seagulls, Duran Duran (I LOVE THEM), Billy Idol, Aha, Tears for Fears, and Van Halen.

Horray for ROCK MUSIC!!!! :-D

------------------
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.

Posts: 49 | From: Florida baby!! | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shann2002
Activist
Member # 10090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shann2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Favorites Are:

50 cent (Go shawty, it's your birthday!)
Eminem
Nelly
Monica
Brandy
Tupac
Justin Timberlake
Avant
R.Kelly
Mariah Carey
Ginuwine
Missy Elliot
Aaliyah
Jay-Z
Big Tymers
Sean Paul

That's most of my list of favs but not all. I like many contemporary gospel artists such as Kirk Franklin and Donnie McClurklin. I like a lot of different types of music, but rap and R&B is what i am mainly into.

[This message has been edited by Shann2002 (edited 03-01-2003).]

Posts: 127 | From: Da Dirty South | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.