Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Birth control Question! ??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birth control Question! ??
XoRoseXo
Activist
Member # 605

Icon 5 posted      Profile for XoRoseXo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK!! Well i got my period on Tuesday the 25th and I take Birth control pills and one of my friends told me that if i start taking my pills in the morning instead of the night when i usually take them then i will get over my period saturday aftrenoon I usually get my period for like 4 days...Does anyone know if thats true??
Thanks Bunches!

Posts: 59 | From: indian trail | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aside of working the DAYS to your cycle, you cannot regulate the times of your period by the pill or by any other means.

And you certainly cannot make it stop before it's over.

Why would you want to, anyway?

Posts: 67145 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XoRoseXo
Activist
Member # 605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XoRoseXo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well thats just what my friend said...and the reason I want it to stop is b/c my boyfriend is coming over saturday and my parents arent gonna be home so I was hoping me and him would have sex ya know!! but i dont know
Thanks 4 answering my question!

Posts: 59 | From: indian trail | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's perfectly safe and fine to have sex during menses.
Posts: 67145 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XoRoseXo
Activist
Member # 605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XoRoseXo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO Ur saying that its safe to have sex while im still on my period a little bit??...B/c my friend that told me that said that she did that all the time and she got over her period like in the afternoon if she was going out like that night so i was j/w if that really worked!!
WildChica
Activist
Member # 459

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildChica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although you can have sex during your period, it can get messy. My partner and I tried it, and we ended up in the shower because there was blood all over our tummies.
We did have fun it the shower, though

J.

------------------
"Her laugh turned to a moan at the first ripple in her bones.
She tensed her thighs and abdomen to will the change on, and
clutched the night air like a lover as her fingers lengthened
and her nails sprouted...The night, she thought, the sweet night"

Posts: 87 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XoRoseXo
Activist
Member # 605

Yeah well what if im like at the end of my period like its gonna be my last day 2morrow but like im still on it a little bit not much would that be ok??
Heather
Member # 3

It is ALWAYS okay to have sex if you want to during ANY day of menses, always. Obviously, it's messy, so using towels, and not bright white sheets is a good idea.

And of course, you still need yo use a condom. It is also up to your partner. Some men don't mind having intercourse during menses, and others are bothered by it (for no real reason, they just are).

But it's up to you.

XoRoseXo
Activist
Member # 605

Ok Thanks alot!! 4 all the Help!!
Heather
Member # 3

That's what we're here for. Thanks for saying thank you.

Such a polite bunch we have here, I tell ya.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.