Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Fights

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fights
Jayjers
Activist
Member # 382

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Jayjers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my boyfriend are constantly argueing. Today is our 3 month anniversary and we started to argue and he hung up on me. Then I called back and said "Next Time I won't call back, today was SUPPOSE to be special" and he said "well i hope This makes it even more special" and then he hung up again. He's always talking about how much he loves me yet he tells me how I get on his nerves and hangs up on me or tells me to shut up. I dunno what to do. I know this should probably be in the relationship forum but for some reason i came here instead.
Posts: 50 | From: K-Town Tn | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm alarmed about this business of "tell [you] to shut up." that's very disrespectful and has no place in a caring relationship. constant arguing is seldom a good sign.

if this sort of treatment continues, it's time to send him packing -- unless you've been just as mean, in which case, both of you are at fault and need to separate and sort things out.

------------------
i think you're special ... and i don't mean that in a short bus kind of way

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is behaving like a real jerk towards you. I would dump him if I were in your shoes!
Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spiral
Activist
Member # 533

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Spiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's a PUNK. kick his *** , give him the boot.
But like Gumdrop said, if you are as mean with him as he is with you then you guys need to talk.
But he shouldn't treat you like that. He has no respect if he's telling you to shut up.

Posts: 88 | From: Los angeles,Ca,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MysteryGirl
Activist
Member # 573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MysteryGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goodness girl ... you need out of that situation. It's not a good thing that he tells you to "shut up" and whatnot. There may be something physiologically wrong with him that causes him to be rude to you. Perhaps an abuse that happened to him makes him nervous with relationships. If you're unhappy with him then I suggest you get out of the situation. Or talk to him about what's making you unhappy and see what he says. But he doesn't have the right to hang up on you for no reason. Methinks you should look at the other fishies in the sea and put him back.

------------------
"Growing older is MANDATORY, growing up is OPTIONAL."

Posts: 91 | From: Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aleox
Activist
Member # 145

Icon 5 posted      Profile for aleox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first starting going out with my b/f we had some arguements. Then we had a big arguement and it really upset us both. It was both our fault and we both felt guilty and very depressed. I suppose we both realised how much we care and love for one and other after we had sorted the arguement and now when we get angry or upset with each other instead of arguing we talk about it together. It's such a better way to sort it out talking face to face as you can't slam the phone down (I know this feels v. hurtful) I think that if your both to blame you should call him up and arrange to meet and talk so you can sort it out. If you love him and he loves you then you will be able to sort it out...if you can't, I'm afraid your going to have to let go...I know it's hard. Good Luck

------------------
Love can't be explained...it's just sitting there looking smiley!

Posts: 109 | From: Birmingham, West Midlands, UK | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.