Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » "Direct Contact" question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Direct Contact" question
pursu3e
Neophyte
Member # 110223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pursu3e     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, would just like to clarify something.

When you say in your articles on pregnancy risk "direct contact with ejaculate" or "genital exposure to semen," I take it this refers to semen that comes directly from a penis onto a vulva. Am I correct in saying that if semen makes any kind of stop along the way, then pregnancy isn't an issue?
Thanks heaps

Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If so, then it is highly unlikely, yes.

For more, have a read through this, which can explain all of what is required for a realistic possibility of pregnancy: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodies/where_did_i_come_from_a_refresher_course_in_human_reproduction

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is correct, yes [Smile] If you want even more clarification, you can search our board history (the "search" link at the top under the "new topic" button) as quite a few people in the past have asked for more details on this front, so it's been explained in even more depth there!
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pursu3e
Neophyte
Member # 110223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pursu3e     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the response.
I have read through that article yes. I just thought I'd let it be known that in the situation I'm describing, the only possible contact may have a been a tiny amount of semen that leaked through the top of my underwear and ended up sitting just above the waistband (i'm a guy). I feel like even if her vulva came into contact with this area a bit later, it would be too indirect and without enough quantity

Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pursu3e
Neophyte
Member # 110223

[ 05-26-2014, 02:31 AM: Message edited by: pursu3e ]

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that semen clearly made a stop along the way [Smile]

And: This Is Your Pregnancy Scare Answer

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pursu3e
Neophyte
Member # 110223

Thanks heaps, you're right, I guess that would count as a stop [Smile]
This service is great by the way, straight to the point and with the right amount of friendliness and facts

educatemeplease
Neophyte
Member # 110464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for educatemeplease     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, this is my first post and I don't know exactly if I'm posting in the correct place but if so I strongly apologize but I desperate for a correct answer. I've read plenty of your articles and post hundreds possibly thousands of times but I have found a direct answer. If someone has precum on the finger from readjusting himself then touches the side or near the vulva (not directly in or on the vulva) of a unshaved vagina could the sperm travel (swim) inside the vulva to cause pregnancy. When I was getting a massage, the therapist could have accidentally touched my vagina as he was placing the sheets on me. I don't know if he had precum on his fingers or not but there are a lot of weidos in this world. He may have a slight erection because he accidentally brushed against my had when i was asleep. I keep saying accidentally because I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Thanks

--------------------
the kool one

Posts: 14 | From: georgia | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi educatemeplease, could you start your own topic so we can better keep track of your question? You can use the "new topic" button at the bottom left corner of every page to do that. Thanks!

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.