Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Im concerned

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Im concerned
Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello! Ok so i have read a few topics you guys have and im
Still very worried for some odd reason, ok so heres my situation. The other day i masterbated and then i changed my underwear and peed after.(just to be safe). Then 2 hours later went to my girlfriends house and she kissed me and gave me a bj for like 30 seconds, she touched my penis but she didnt touch the top because thats where her mouth was, after that she went to take a shower, my concern is that what if she had precum on her hands and went to take a shower? Could pregnancy happen? Also after her shower i went pee again and then just ran my hands under water with little to no soap, then dried my hands and then fingered her. Would any of these scenarios pose a pregnancy risk? It was also a week after her period started so it was the 7th day out of like 30?

Posts: 28 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe,

Can you start by reading this thread and seeing if you can figure out where your situation falls in terms of risk?
http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/10/t/002611.html#000000

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes i have i just would like an explination on if its a pregnancy risk because its kind of somethkng that wouldnt be on there
Posts: 28 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yet, it is listed in our material about risks, under oral sex and manual sex. The risks listed for those activities would be the risks here.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

So are you saying that there is no risk? I seriously just want to stop worrying about this. I have so much stress and if i can get someone to tell me that there is no risk then i should be okay
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing is, we are the people who WRITE the information we have given you. We're not going to say something different here at the boards than we say there.

It's also really important that we do our best to help all of you by helping you learn to navigate this stuff on your own, rather than just talking you off a ledge. That way, you don't wind up again and again looking for someone else to do for you what it's really important to do for yourself so you can best make your own right choices.

What did that link Sam gave you, and other links within it, tell you?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

So there is no risk of precum going into her vagina? After what all i have said
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will repeat what Heather said: what did the articles you read say? As we are not going to give you a different answer than what you read there.
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

I read the articles several times. i just worry because even though i peed after i ejaculated would the precum contain sperm? Like i went pee and maybe precum was on my penis? I did run my hands under water and wipe them, and before all this she took a shower after she gave me a bj. I know i worry soooo much many times and my girlfriend gets sick of my
Worrying. I just would like to know if it poses a risk. I cant understand the risk levels.

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

So, urination actually flushes any remaining sperm out, so doing so makes pre-cum less likely to contain sperm, not more.

With that in mind, can you tell me what part of the risk levels you're not understanding?

If engaging in this level of sexual activity is causing you stress, it is sound to consider scaling it back to a level where you feel more comfortable

Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

Ok so from what i understand is that soap would kill sperm. So if she went and took a shower like 1 minute after a bj and IF there was any precum on her hands and she went to wash her hair would the precum go down to the vagina? And also does urine kill sperm? Like if i urinated and got urine on my hands, then rinsed my hands with water and wiped them would any sperm be left on my hands
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

You are correct that soap would kill sperm. But, even beyond that, sperm is really, really fragile. It can't survive the transition from penis to hand to vagina, let alone from penis to hand to faucet handle/doorknob/etc to vagina. So the situation you described to us is simply not a way pregnancy happens. I would give this a read as well:
Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?

Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

So basically your saying that indirect contact of precum of any sort is not possible?
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Yes
Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

Even if it was sperm? What if her vagina was moist because shs just got out of the shower and i fingered her. I went pee and maybe i got pee on my hands but i did rinse them. Also does pee kill sperm?
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

The presence or absence of sperm in the pre-cum does not change the risk level. The same goes for how wet she was. And no, urine is not a spermicide.

One last time, if this kind of activity is causing you this level of stress, it is sound to scale it back. We can talk to you about ways to do that if you'd like. What we will not do is continue to rehash the risk level of this situation with you.

[ 04-03-2014, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

Ok so hopefully this will relieve my stress, thank you so much, i have a history of worrying over this situation for the past year and its like glued in my head.
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

You're welcome [Smile]

You may want to take a look at both of these articles, one to help you with the stress you're feeling now, and the other because it has suggestions about what to do if you can't shake a pregnancy fear:
Self-Care a La Carte
You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.