Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Unsure- pregnant or not?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unsure- pregnant or not?
paranoidbelly
Neophyte
Member # 109693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paranoidbelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
Im sorry if this seems like a really random post but I can't shake off the feeling that somethin might be up.
I last had sex in october, on the 6th day of my period, and have had regular periods every month since then, lasting 5 days each time.
I have not really had any symptoms either, other than a protruding belly - which i have been in the habit of measuring and hasnt really changed since september
I know I probably am not pregnant..but the internet searches about it have got me paranoid..decidual bleeding and tv shows where people didn't know and what not..so any insight would be really appreciated.

Also, i did take a couple of tests about a month into the scare..both negative.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paranoidbelly
Neophyte
Member # 109693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paranoidbelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, just to clarify - had sex in the last week of august, not october.. So six periods since!
Posts: 4 | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen, paranoidbelly.

If I understand correctly, you know that you're not pregnant, but you're still searching this on the internet and feeling anxious. Have you seen this article? It might help you figure out why you're still concerned: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paranoidbelly
Neophyte
Member # 109693

Thank you for the article! Yes the situations there sure do seem to apply to me..but just to confirm..there is absolutely no chance of a pregnancy with six regular periods right? This decidual bleeding thing that i keep reading about..cannot last that long?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can help yourself out a lot here by making better choices in what information you seek out and where.

If and when someone is truly concerned they are six months pregnant, a search engine is so not the right place to go. A healthcare provider is. Were that person pregnant, no healthcare at all that far along into a pregnancy is earnestly potentially dangerous.

But if you logically know you are not, and that most of this is inciting panic by doing things like ready a bunch of iffy stuff, but you cannot let that go, a healthcare provider is still the right person to see. They can verify for you that you are not pregnant, and also give you SOUND information about pregnancy, as well as about how to better manage feelings of fear and anxiety.

No, people are not entering their third trimester with regular periods and without a GREAT deal of interruption to their lives and their experience of their bodies. Pregnancy is a major health event, like a heart attack is, not a minor one, or something that people will experience with little to no changes in their lives or bodies. Rarely, people with severe mental illness, or who are deeply dissociated, like who are living in domestic violence, or people with big drug addictions, as examples, will be so tuned out from themselves that they just are not paying attention to even the major changes that occur with pregnancy. But that is not most people, and those are not common scenarios, they are rare.

So, how about seeking out that help and care from a healthcare provider so you can get what you need to get started letting this go?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paranoidbelly
Neophyte
Member # 109693

Thank you soo much for the reply Heather!
It does seem incredibly stupid to even think id be six months pregnant with no real major symptoms..and the reassurance was just what i needed to let this go!
I did think about going to a healthcare provider but unfortunately the country im in isn't really open to pre-marital sex so that wasn't really an option i was comfortable with but the replies here have been incredibly helpful and i can finallyy put this paranoia to rest! Thanks again!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.