Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Pregnancy scare

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy scare
Anavm33
Neophyte
Member # 109264

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Anavm33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, before i start with this i wanna let you guys know that i have already read every article that what supposes and what not a pregnancy risk and that one that says "you are not pregnant why do you think you are" and many of the posts that are in the message board that expose a similar case to mine. However, i'm still scared.
Almost a month ago, i gave my boyfriend a handjob and an hour later i touched myself. I know the pre cum that my hand had was already dry and that it's imposible for me to be pregnant this way, i had my period or at least it must be that because for what i've read about implantation bleeding it lasts 2 days and the bleeding lasted 5, even though it wasn't that heavy, and it also was 2 days before it was expected, but that's normal for me because i'm not regular.
Still, i don't know what to do with myself, i might be suffering an anxiety crisis or something because i'm stressed all the time because of this, i'm so scared... I can't get pregnant in at least 7 years(i'm 17 now). I feel like i have a bump in my lower stomach and i think is no good for me to be this freaked out all the time, maybe it's just my mind messing with me.
I know what you are probably going to tell me, that i just need to calm down and that it's indeed imposible for me to be pregnant, but i just wanna talk to someone about this because it's killing me and i have no one to talk about this... [Frown]

Posts: 12 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lavm18! Welcome to Scarleteen! [Smile]

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with this. I can understand that anxiety is not a funny feeling. [Frown]

However, the answers I can give you are not going to be any different from the articles you read. For a pregnancy to be possible, there must be a DIRECT genital TO genital contact, which from what you've said, you didn't have. Also, having a period is a clear sign pregnancy didn't happen here. You said you read the "You are not pregnant, why do you think you are?" article: is the any reason in there that resonates with you about why you feel so scared about a pregnancy even when you clearly know it's not possible?

We have a very cool article that talks about ways to take care of ourselves when we are in a tough spot, I say you can give it a try. [Smile]

Self_Care a La Carte

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anavm33
Neophyte
Member # 109264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anavm33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for answering [Smile] i read the article. I'll try to leave this in the past, maybe getting this as an experience that i'm not ready for this stuff yet and i should wait if it freaks me out so much. You were very helpful, i feel so much relief now, talking to someone about this.
Posts: 12 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome. [Smile]

Glad to hear the article was helpful, and by all means I think taking a break of any sexual activities that are stressing you out is a sound thing to do. Sex is supposed to be fun and feel good, not only while we are doing it but afterwards.

If you ever need more information, we are always happy to help. [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.