Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » New update (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: New update
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nixieGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heya, I know, I was late on getting help, but I am okay. I am extra ok because I got a get well soon tweet from Michael Franti which is so awesome. I am going to look after the health side of things more from now on. I think I am better with handling this this time around and am staying positive about everything. I am focussing on so many good things that have happened in the last little while. Oh and I want to add to the magic list: Be proactive about health. Obviously.
Posts: 657 | From: NZ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nixieGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I am back here again with some news, if you can call it that. I got raped again on thursday night. I knew that with the release of the information that happened and my address being sent out that it would catch up to me. I have spoken to my lawyer and I am dropping the case, the charges and am going to try to avoid this happening again. I get the message they want to send to me. I was stupid to believe that I would be having an upper hand when it was me vs god knows how many people who are after me. I don't want to think about this last rape. I want to pretend it never happened but I feel like my skin is crawling. I did call my counsellor but she is away for a few weeks as something has come up so she put me in touch with someone else who works with her, but the thought of telling another person is scary. I don't want to feel so disgusting anymore. I feel like I am so disgusting . I can't make that feeling go away. I am trying to focus on my new job because I am excited about that, and focus on the positive and I will keep doing that, it's just that in the back of my mind all I can see is his face all day and night and its so freaking frustrating.
Posts: 657 | From: NZ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nixie,

I am so terribly sorry and disgusted that this has happened to you.

It's a really good thing that you have positive things to focus on right now, but it's also important for you to deal with this latest rape, not push it down and pretend it didn't happen. Time will help, yes, but it won't make the feelings and fears go away.

Is there anything that would make talking to this new counsellor easier for you?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

I don't really know to be honest. I am scared being on my own all the time now. It will be hard tonight. My little dog knows something is wrong and wont leave me which does help but it's still so hard to just keep my mind in the present. I have been throwing myself into tasks to keep busy rather than wallowing as I usually do after this happens, so I am really trying. I do feel like it is sending me mad in a lot of ways, its like running on a treadmill to get away from something and its not working for me. Ugh I just want it all to go away.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I hear how frightening it is for you to be alone, that whirlwind of thoughts, emotions, and fears.

Keeping busy with different tasks sounds like it's helping you stay on some sort of keel. I'm glad to hear you're doing that. Animals are said to help relieve anxiety. It's good that yours is sticking close.

I'll check in over the next few hours and I imagine other volunteers will be around after that.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Thanks,

I am just feeling really really over it and upset. I dont know how to describe it, but I feel defeated.

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Yes, I hthink I can understand defeated. You had your power invaded in one of the most insidious ways.

We're here to remind you that you do have choices from here on out.

I know it's scary, but I do hope you'll be able to go talk to this new counsellor. If anything, it will be a measure of time during which you're not alone.

[ 04-20-2012, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

I just passed out on the couch for the first sleep I have had since it happened really. I am hoping it wont stop me sleeping tonight. The days and nights have been so long. Im just over this.
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

I called the sexual assault helpline tonight. I couldn't stand my own voice in my head anymore. The woman on the other end was really lovely and I really respect what they do. We did some grounding exercises which im using. I am going to try all these things to get thru this. On Monday I go to the sexual health clinic to get everything checked out. Im scared about it to be honest. I just got thru surgery and was recovering from a major infection and now im scared to find out what else will be wrong. I have been really sore and the stitches I had down there from most recently seem to have burst. I am not sure what to do with myself right now so am trying funny movies on tv to keep myself busy. And focussing on my new job this week is good for me.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi Nixie,

Just checking in on how you're doing.

I'm really glad to hear that you called the helpline and that the woman you spoke too was so kind and...helpful. That's what the line is there for, and I hope you'll call them whenever you need to.

--------------------
Robin

nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Hi Robin Lee,

Thanks, I am doing okay as far as it goes. I guess I am struggling mostly now with being alone with it all. I am missing having people in person to chat to even just about everyday stuff, not about stuff thats happened. The lonely feeling is tough even though its not a new feeling. I am keeping busy today doing lots around the house but am feeling a bit sick and pretty sore so thats annoying me.

nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Hi, so I have been on the phone to the counsellor who I was referred to while mine is away. Unfortunately I was too late on the emergency contraceptive pill and im feeling really scared about that. Im not going to the sexual health clinic today because she thought it would be too rough for me today so I am going to go with her at some stage. I am mostly ok I guess. Im just very tired and quite lonely I suppose.
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nixieGurl, I am so very sorry that that happened to you. I want you to be safe and free from being harmed and terrorised by this unspeakable man.

I'm really glad you could call the helpline and that they helped you. I appreciate that it must be tough without people around, but I hope it can help just a little to know that we're thinking of you and wishing for everything you need.

It sounds like you're doing exceptionally well with taking care of yourself in really, really challenging circumstances. Would it help to write/chat about the everyday stuff here? I reckon we'd all be happy to read/chat, if it would help you.

I hope everything's ok with your check-up and that you get the care you need.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crossed posts [Smile]

Glad that it sounds like you'll have some support when you're ready for the check, and that you had some support today.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zalmentra
Neophyte
Member # 77859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zalmentra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NixieGurl, I've never posted on this thread before, but I've been following it for quite a long time now. I've never known quite what to say, so I left it in the very capable hands of everybody else who has been supporting you.
But now I just wanted you to know that I sat here with tears in my eyes when I read about your latest experience. Tears of anger at the world that we live in, where these terrible things happen to good people. I am so angry and disgust that this happens to you after everything you have already been through.
I dont think I can say anything that will be able to help you, but please just know that you are an amazing person, and everybody on scarleteen is rooting for you. I hope that in time you will be able to heal fully, no matter how long it takes. You have my unending support, even though we have never met and are pretty far away from each other (even though we are just across the sea!)

Posts: 30 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Thank you so much, both of you, im trying really hard to push through this without letting it ruin my excitement about my new job. I have not been in excited about a job before. I am just wishing the days away so I can start there. I think once I start I will feel better. The days are just painfully long. But it does help having ppl here at st on my side and it's so touching to know ppl I have never met are rooting for me too. I can't even describe how much it helps to know that.
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh nixie, I'm so sorry that this happened to you!

You are doing incredibly well dealing with all that is going on and caring for yorself. I know that you will be able to get to a healthy a ( in all respects) place in your life, at some point.

You are wonderful and amazing and I am rooting for you all the way. I wish that I could really, truly, help you. I wish I could do more than simply be a random stream of data which you receive as words. You don't deserve any of what you have gone through, quite the opposite, but you've gotten through it and made it to where you are.

(P.S. I would be more than happy to talk to you about every day stuff as well. What type of dog do you have and how is he doing?)

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Thanks moonlight,

I really appreciate that. You are all so kind to me here, it's nice to check in every now and then and even though it's just words its nice to get to read them and know that I have some support.

I have a little West Highland white terrier called Joan. I know, random name, I didnt name her,she was a breading dog on this horrible farm and once they finish breading or stop producing the puppies they like the look of the dogs get put down, so she was rescued from there, shes a little survivor too really. She is really cute and she stays right by my side always. She sleeps on the bed and if anyone stops on the footpath outside for more than a second she growls like she needs to let me know. She is only a tiny little thing but she is great company for me when I have no one else.

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

nixie, ooh, your dog sounds absolutely gorgeous. And how fitting that she's come to a better life with you. I always loved the idea of a dog who'd sleep on the bed...possibly on my feet [Smile] How long have you had her?

Cool that you're excited about your job. When do you start?

--------------------

nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Yeah she is so super cute, I love her so much. She is actually not technically mine however I look after her full time right now, I love doing that. I start my new job on thursday and I wish it could come quicker. I am going mad just being in my own company all the time. I can't wait to just be around other people who like the same things as me at work. It will be awesome. Last night I didn't get much sleep after waking up to a nightmare which was crappy. Just flashbacks of what happened. I am feeling really tired from that.
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey nixie, I've had a crazy (in a good way) past couple of days, and I wish I could have gotten back to you sooner.

Your dog sounds really cute and I agree that it is kinda neat at (and super awesome) that the dog has come to a better life with you.

I'm so happy that you have your new job to look forward to; what sort of stuff will you be doing in your job?

--------------------
~moonlight

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Hi moonlight, thats okay not a problem.

I will be working as an Artist in a shared studio/gallery which is for people with a mental illness, so it's pretty cool because I just get to create art 5 days a week at my own pace. I can't wait. The counsellor who is seeing me right now while mine is away is really great. Tomorrow is ANZAC day here in New Zealand which is a memorial day for the soldiers from here and Australia so its a public holiday and she is still going to call me on her day off which is really sweet of her.

Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

That all sounds really awesome! I'm so happy for you that you've got such an awesome job fir you lined up.

--------------------
~moonlight

nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Thanks so much,

Yeah it's tomorrow now, one more sleep! I am excited as hell. I have been getting my stuff ready to go, new journal full of ideas for my first collection, nothing better really. I am going to get through this stuff through my art. I think my first collection will be about surviving and moving forward.

Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Oh I forgot about the timezone thing, so it's closer for you than I thought! That is amazing! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do amazingly and have a great time.

--------------------
~moonlight

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

That sounds really good with the current counsellor, glad she seems to be supporting you well - you deserve it!

The new job sounds fabulously great, and so exciting! Artistic expression can be a really, really valuable way of working through things, so if that seems right to you, go for it. I'm sure that you'd create things that would mean a lot to you and to other people, too. One more sleep, awesome [Smile]

--------------------

nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Had my first day today and it was awesome I really loved it. The one down side is because of space issues I can only work Tuesday and Thursday for the first little while which means a lot more hanging about alone which im really disappointed about. I was kinda relying on it to get me thru this last rape, keeping busy all the time. Gettin thru with more time with just myself feels too hard.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

So glad to hear the job is everything you hoped it would be. I'm sorry that it won't kep you as busy as you'd hoped. Did they give you a sense of when you'd be able to work there more often?

--------------------
Robin

nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Yeah not for a month or so which sucks a bit. I did manage today to finally get an appointment with the doctor to start my welfare payments again which would be good to have an income finally. Tonight is rough for me as my cousin is having a party at my dads place while he is away, dad said it's to do that, but im nervous to go because of who may be already at his place, im not sure that it'ssafe and that's a bit scary.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Sounds like it's a bit of a conflict between feeling lonely and feeling as if it might not be safe to go to this party.. Is it something you want to go to, or that you feel oobligated to go to?

You can decide where you want to go and how you want to keep yourself safe.

If you don't go do you have a plan for getting through the evening?

--------------------
Robin

nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Yeah the problem is im supposed to be there to do the cooking etc, and I don't want to have let them down but im feeling quite frightened as my cousin said one of dad
S friends is staying at the house and will be there, I didn't know who it was but he said it was a guy so I feel scared .

Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

You have no obligation to go, especially since you feel scared and uncomfortable about going. You need to do what is best for you. You don't owe your family anything.

--------------------
~moonlight

nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Yeah I guess so, I don't know how to tell my cousin though as he is very nice, he usually lives in Chile with some of the family we have there so it's just that I barely get to see him and he is cool. I would like to be able to suck it up and go but I don't think I can handle another possible rape right now. I feel bad that my stuff going on might make it difficult for him.
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Nixie, no one should ever have to handle a possible rape. Ever. You shouldn't feel bad about "your stuff" making anything difficult for him. "Your stuff" is the direct result of people hurting you, none of it is anything you shoulkd feel bad for. Maybe you could ask to arrange to see this cousin at a later date in a scenario you do feel safe?

You really*n really don't need to enter into a situation in which there is a threat to your well being or the possibility of a rape. You don't owe going to the party to anyone.

--------------------
~moonlight

nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Hey all, well I am back to just update you all, so I
I stoped gettin help from welfare a few months ago, and since have run out of cash, on the street again as I lost my place because of it. Managed to grab a room in a shelter for the weekend but used up my limit of time there now so im sleeping in my car which has no registrationetc so will prob end up being taken away. But I am actually o.k. Life will go on. I am loving doing my art at the studio and it means a few hours in the warm every day which is good because winter is here now. Anyway managed to grab free internet in the city today so thought I should check in here.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.