Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » Moving on

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moving on
Memories
Neophyte
Member # 46292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Memories     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I was really young I was sexually abused.
I've only had one boyfriend, who I broke up with because couldn't even bring myself to kiss him. He was an amamzing guy, but everything intemate scares me to death.
I don't know how I will ever be able to have a boyfriend, get married, have sex.
This crud rules my life and I hate it.

Does anyone understand? How do I get passed this?

Posts: 2 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Memories, and welcome to Scarleteen! [Smile] I'm sorry to hear about the abuse when you were young, and I'm so sorry to hear that it has made happy things in your life more difficult. You will be able to process these things and work on healing with time and assistance: have you ever sought out counseling before? That'd be the first place I'd start. If you do not know of a local place you could go, I can ask for some Australia-based resources for survivors. There is also Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network based in the US but with an online hotline, which could be a really good, safe, and confidential place to start.

We have numerous In Your Own Words articles written by survivors that you may be interested in. Here are a few:
Three Steps Forward, One Step Back: Hollie's Story
Advice from an Abuse Survivor
Dealing With Rape
From Victim To Survivor
Is it my fault?
The Pursuit of Hope
Shrink Cocktail: My Starter Experience of Counseling
Blinders Off:Getting a Good Look at Abuse and Assault (General info)
Safer Sex...for Your Heart (Good general stuff, too)

Also, even if you had not had abuse in your past, you may not have felt comfortable kissing your ex for *other* reasons, even if you otherwise liked him. I know it can be so frustrating and saddening, especially when you're having to deal with something that is NOT your fault in any way, but it's also good to stick to what you feel comfortable, so good for you there! xo And now let's work on making you feel more comfortable because you *will* be able to feel better one day and realize many of your hopes and dreams.

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.