Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » gf was victim

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: gf was victim
there4her
Neophyte
Member # 43926

Icon 1 posted      Profile for there4her     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont know if this is the right forum or not but anyways here it goes.

Back a few months ago when me and my gf started going out i found out she had been pregnant then it came out a month later she was raped and thats how she got pregnant. I was shocked and she hates talking about it. I found out they had been sexually active and he refused to use a condom and she wanted to use protection, he got mad and raped her. This was back in April i belive since she had the baby in January. She put the baby up for adoption so she no longer has it. Her parents also have no idea she was raped. very few know about it.

I love this girl to death and i want to be sure she feels comfortable with everything we do. I always ask and so far she has been fine.

I just want to know how i might be able to make her feel better or what i can do to help her get over the pain or at least help.

Thanks

Posts: 6 | From: Indy | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to make sure that you know, before we say anything else, that your concern and sensitivity in this -- all by itself -- is already bound to help out a lot. She's disclosed all of this to you and obviously felt safe in doing so, which is a big deal. If you verbally communicate well around her consent and what she does and doesn't want, again, you're already doing a great job.

Have you asked her what she needs from you and how you can help? Have you asked her what she needs from you when it comes to things that are sexual? It sounds like condom use is probably a pretty loaded issue for her: have you been good with using them and not making a big deal out of it?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
there4her
Neophyte
Member # 43926

Icon 1 posted      Profile for there4her     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Communication is already a big thing for us, and we know about each others lives. I will only go as far as she wants and right now we havent even tried sex. Im not going to push that issue and will wait as long as i need for her to be comfortable. We have talked about it and it seems like it wont be an issue but idk. If i was her i would have a hard time trusting a guy again.

Condoms will definitly be used as that is the only form of bc she would be on unless she goes on bc. her mom has offered just to be on the safe side of things especially bc of what the pregnancy before.

Posts: 6 | From: Indy | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perfectly_clueless
Neophyte
Member # 42651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Perfectly_clueless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like you really do care for her. Maybe you should ask if theres any "Triggers" , these are things that would trigger images of her rape. All you can do is wait until she's mentally and physically ready.

Sorry , hope that helps.

Posts: 29 | From: Ireland | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.