Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » Overwhelmed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Overwhelmed
wythershins
Neophyte
Member # 40366

Icon 11 posted      Profile for wythershins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really just feeling quite overwhelmed at the moment. In the last month I have had a lot of stuff going on.

My Father-in-law has had some semi-serious brushes with health issues. (Heart-related and family history isn't good there). My son had to have stitches, 6 and I know its not life-threatening but it was just "one more thing" if you know what I mean. My great aunt passed away who was a really neat lady, and while I'm sure she's in a better place, death and I don't dance well together.

My kids started school and my youngest had issues adjusting to all-day schedules and a new class without many of his friends from his class last year.

My mother-in-law also is having health issues and isn't getting many answers from doctors.

My uncle is very very sick with cancer and isn't expected to live.

A volunteer orginazation I sit on the Board of Directors with is going through some very public upheaval.

All of this compounded with the fact that my ex-boyfriend was released from prison and is now stalking me. He forced his way into my home 22 days ago and hit me, before a car outside scared him off.

Lots of history there with him, he's a violent man, and I put him in prison so I'm sure he's pretty pissed off at me.

I feel like I'm sinking and not sure what to do.

I have a dear friend whom I've confided in but I feel like such a burden to her, am I being too much of a burden? I'm just unsure what to do.

--------------------
____

Once you go through something you think will kill you and it doesn’t, every day is like a present.
Elissa B. Terris

Posts: 3 | From: Middle of Nowhere, Midwest | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry to hear that things are so tough for you right now. It really sounds like you have a lot on your plate, and it's no wonder you're feeling overwhelmed.

Unless your friend lets you know that she cannot deal with what you're going through, I'd not feel guilty about confiding in her. That's what friends are for, after all. I'm sure you've been there and helped her out, too.

However, sometimes it can also be helpful to talk to someone unbiased and removed from the situation, or even a professional. Have you thought about seeking out some counseling? I think that that'd be a really good place for you to talk about what you're going through, without having to feel guilty for just unloading everything.

As for your ex-boyfriend - have you reported what he's done? If he broke into your house and assaulted you, that's definitely something you should report. If he's stalking you, you may want to talk to the police or a lawyer in getting some help to get a restriction order against him.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.