Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » Touched by older brother. beaten by the other

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Touched by older brother. beaten by the other
unknown soldier
Neophyte
Member # 39141

Icon 9 posted      Profile for unknown soldier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive never spoken this to anyone.

I just am going through a rough patch and seeking some help.

My life has never been a fairy tale but thats normal. Ever since i could remember when I would fall asleep i couldnt because my parents were fighting. So I would go into my older brothers room to seek solitude. that is the last thing I got. He would touch me and make me touch him. told me that my mommy would hate me if she found out what he did. he was 10 years older than me. to this day no one knows not even my fiance. I dont know if I will ever tell anyone ever. only him and I know what happened multiple nights and days when he was baby sitting me.

My other brother who is 6 years older than me has a lot of anger issues and very stuborn. I guess he saw me as a easy target since i was so small. I got 4 broken bones from him and more black eyes and bruses i can remember. told me if I told anyone ever he would kill me in my sleep pack his bags and leave forever.

As a child I was very quiet never sad a word. I still have not spoken to anyone about these events and I dont know what should I do. It kills me every day seeing this people that did this to me. I try to be honest with my fiance but im worried if I tell him what will he think of my family and me. I want the weight off my shoulders but Im worried about the effect it might cause on everyone else. I need help.

Posts: 1 | From: california | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the first thing to realize is that what happened to you is no reflection on you. In other words, you express concern about what your fiancee would think of your family and you. But you were abused: you did not choose what happened to you, nor did you ask for it. You are not responsible for your abuses: the people who abused you are.

If your fiancee thought badly of your brothers, what is your worry? Do you feel he should not think badly of them? Do you feel like your fiancee is a person with the kind of emotional maturity and sensitivity to support you in healing and help you work through your past abuse?

You have the option to get support from multiple sources with this. If you don't feel ready to talk about it with people close to you, you can certainly start by talking about it at places like this (and you've taken a big, positive first step by doing that), or with an in-person support group or counselor.

As well, I'd strongly suggest distancing yourself from your brothers for now. Seeing them is obviously going to be traumatic, particularly if they have never taken any responsibility for their abuses and you all have not had family counseling where you felt able to develop some kind of safety and resolution, and they did some work themselves with their abusive behaviour.

[ 07-03-2008, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68255 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.