Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » is this right...? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: is this right...?
ice_prinsess
Neophyte
Member # 34361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ice_prinsess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanx miss tea. its been a busy last week.
i would only have the strength to call them with my boyfriend, and its hard, as id need to do it at his place. through the week we were'nt able to spend a night at his place. then i had a few job interviews, so ive been busy with that.

some good news- i got that original job, heard on Friday! (todays sunday night) i start tomorro morning at 9am!!!!!!!
all day ive been so fragile, and sensitive, ive been crying so much, mum says its nerves, but i never cry when im nervous. she gave me 'vallium' to keep me calm- isnt working so far.

wish me luck.

oh!! i hope to cal them this weekend- saturday night, at my bfs house. itll b hard. but so worth it.

thanku for ur concern. [Smile]

xx

Posts: 31 | From: sydney | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ice_prinsess
Neophyte
Member # 34361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ice_prinsess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just an update...

i haven't as yet called the help line...

BUT... i reported him.

Posts: 31 | From: sydney | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow, ice-prinsess.

Are you doing okay with that? Where are you living right now? What can we do to provide you support?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ice_prinsess
Neophyte
Member # 34361

im living at home still.
its not going so well i guess, but i expected it, it hasnt really sunked in yet, so im afraid of what will happen when it does.

i got that job i went for, full time 9-5, monday to friday, full on job.

me n my bf are on a brake, so it'll prolly end, who knows.

all this is just loading on, and im gonna brake, but ill get thru.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When it rains, it sure pours.

Did the office you reported to offer you any alternate shelter? They very much should have, and if they did not, and you'd like me to look into that for you tomorrow, I can do that.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ice_prinsess
Neophyte
Member # 34361

yea. they offered me some community place, till they can take it further, but i declined it.
doesnt sound like a place id like to go, but thanku for ur help.

its been fantastic... xoxox

ice_prinsess
Neophyte
Member # 34361

heyy, just letting u know, today, being tuesday, i gave in the last bit of evidence... i filmed him doing it to me, hitting and kicking me, photos of the scratches and bruises. there taking further action. god, it was hard, walking in there again... alone... again.

it hurts more coz i have no1 around me who cares... well, who knows. they all basicly left me. along with my bf, and 2 best friends... who i had hoped all along wud b there with me.

what am i to do now?? sit and wait??

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're being incredibly brave and strong, Prinsess. What you're doing takes a lot of courage.

I am so sorry that your boyfriend and friends aren't there to help you through this. Maybe now is the time to take up that offer of going to the shelter. It'd mean getting away from the abusive situation, and you're sure to meet new people there, people who've been through similar things and can relate to what's happening with you.

Good luck! You're in our thoughts.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to second Joey: Hang in there, Prinsess, you're being incredibly brave and strong to take action-- we're thinking of you and hoping for the best. <3 And definitely do please seriously consider going to the shelter; we are here to support you online, but you'd surely meet a lot of kind and helpful people in-person there.
Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ice_prinsess
Neophyte
Member # 34361

thanx guys... means alot to know that SOMEONE cares.

as i told my 3 closest friends, (one being the bf at the time) that i reported, they didnt seem to even give a ****, mayb they did, but they didnt show it. my best f,(ex) was always saying how he'd be there etc, they all did, he was there for me, thru everything. and then i report, and he didnt even say "good on u" or "thats great" or "im proud of you" or "u ok" nothing. absolutly nothing. none of them did. its one of the few things atm thats just getting me down, but i cant do much but think was it all a lie?? where they faking it? ... what else could it all b??

hmm. sorry to b so lame. just blabbing on about nothing i guess. its whats on my mind. sorry again.

but... any ideas?? what can i do?

with the shelter... i dont want to go to one of those places... sorry. id rather sit it out at home.. alone. id rather it. strange, but o9hwell. i hvae nowhere else to really go anyway, not now at least.

xx

Gwaihir
Activist
Member # 27276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gwaihir     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes friends who say they'll always be there end up not measuring up to the test when a real crisis happens and that really sucks when 'cause it most likely means they were never really a good friend to begin with. [Frown]
You can often tell who your real friends are and aren't in situations like these, however it may just be that your friends reacted the way they did because they were just shocked and didn't know what to think or how else to react.

Either way, I might try asking them about it and see if they have an explanation for why they acted the way they did. It sucks that you have to go through this alone, but remember that the people on this board care about you and are always here. [Smile]

Unless you have a relative or a good friend you can stay with, I do think seeking out a shelter would be the best option. Is there some reason why you're hesitant to go? I don't know what shelters are like, but maybe one of the volunteers with more knowledge of these things can describe them so you'll have more of an idea of what to expect.

Posts: 159 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but... any ideas?? what can i do?

with the shelter... i dont want to go to one of those places... sorry. id rather sit it out at home.. alone. id rather it. strange, but o9hwell. i hvae nowhere else to really go anyway, not now at least.

Hey, why not just drop by one and say hi? No one's going to make you stay there-- that way, you can see what it's like firsthand (that it's just a friendly place and no pressure!) [Smile]
Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LivingTree
Neophyte
Member # 32945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LivingTree         Edit/Delete Post 
hey, I just wanted to say that you are incredibly strong and brave. wishing you much healing and peace and support. . .
Posts: 14 | From: MD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ice_prinsess
Neophyte
Member # 34361

thanx guys. it means alot to me that u guys care.
well, i questioned my ex about the way he reacted, well, i just said how i was suprised with it, but he didnt say much, kinda hurt ALOT!

my friends really did seem like true friends, there all like- "true friends, etc etc." ya know. and they completly had me fooled.

im struggling to get by on one friend, being the ex, as i havent any1 else, but i think he thinks i just want to get bak with him- far from it infact, coz i wud only b with someone whos there 4 me, ya know, n who loves me bak. but i need him, coz he DOES care about me, (so he says, which i believe) so i need him there. but im being demanding in the sence, i need to see some1 i know n who ares, a real friend, and i want to see him this w.e (today thurs) arggg!!! what to do? its ripping me apart. to not have anyone. LITERALLY... ripping me.

ecofem, thanx for that idea, ill look into it, it may even just help me make new friends who i know will b there for me.

i havent got relitives to stay with, and the only other person, wud have been my bf, but were not together. so yea...?

arg. i just cant take anything on my shoulders no more, n i cant ask my ex 4 help, or support, he has his own problems, which i want to help him with, but i dont know what they r.

ommmmmmmmgggggggggggggg. KILL ME NOW PLS???

PLS
PLS
PLS.

my friends WERE MY LIFE... now i havent got any, so wheres my life now? i dont even know.

*sigh* *deep breath*

ice_prinsess
Neophyte
Member # 34361

thanx guys. it means alot to me that u guys care.
well, i questioned my ex about the way he reacted, well, i just said how i was suprised with it, but he didnt say much, kinda hurt ALOT!

my friends really did seem like true friends, there all like- "true friends, etc etc." ya know. and they completly had me fooled.

im struggling to get by on one friend, being the ex, as i havent any1 else, but i think he thinks i just want to get bak with him- far from it infact, coz i wud only b with someone whos there 4 me, ya know, n who loves me bak. but i need him, coz he DOES care about me, (so he says, which i believe) so i need him there. but im being demanding in the sence, i need to see some1 i know n who ares, a real friend, and i want to see him this w.e (today thurs) arggg!!! what to do? its ripping me apart. to not have anyone. LITERALLY... ripping me.

ecofem, thanx for that idea, ill look into it, it may even just help me make new friends who i know will b there for me.

i havent got relitives to stay with, and the only other person, wud have been my bf, but were not together. so yea...?

arg. i just cant take anything on my shoulders no more, n i cant ask my ex 4 help, or support, he has his own problems, which i want to help him with, but i dont know what they r.

ommmmmmmmgggggggggggggg. KILL ME NOW PLS???

PLS
PLS
PLS.

my friends WERE MY LIFE... now i havent got any, so wheres my life now? i dont even know.

*sigh* *deep breath*

Gwaihir
Activist
Member # 27276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gwaihir     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a horrible predicament you're in right now: no one should have to go through a crisis like this alone, but sadly all too often that's what happens to a lot of people.
I would suggest checking out a shelter and getting in touch with a rape crisis hotline; there are people there who do care about what you've been through, are equipped to handle these situations and can help you get out of danger and start to heal.
Wishing you the peace and happiness you deserve; just asking for help and doing all that you did were incredibly brave things to do.

Posts: 159 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ice_prinsess
Neophyte
Member # 34361

thanku everyone for ur help and support. it means alot to know that some ppl who say they care, ACTUALLY mean it.

THANKU EVERYONE!

LivingTree
Neophyte
Member # 32945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LivingTree         Edit/Delete Post 
hey, just checking in, wondering how you're doing.

any luck with a getting in touch with a shelter or hotline to get connected with people who can support you in this?

wishing you well. . .

Posts: 14 | From: MD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ice_prinsess
Neophyte
Member # 34361

hey, thanx 4 the concern.

no, i havent been able to find a shelter that focuses on ppl round my age, which is what id prefer. but yeah, everything is ok.

hotlines.. yeah, ive called them, there great. thanx.

well, i got fired from work, long story short, i wudnt let the manager have his way with me. so he asked me to leave. which i guess is good.

another thing.. im going to Greece in 3 weeks. which was just planned yesterday!!! im excited. its what i need.

ill touch base soon.

xoxoxox

ice_prinsess
Neophyte
Member # 34361

just letting u all know..
im doing really well. i have moments that r incredibly hard, but im making it.
thanku to all who have been there and lended support and concern.

he nolonger visits me.. well, not as often. mayb once a week, or once every 10 days. which makes me so happy. i can actually have a good nights sleep.

the friends issue.. a few have been patched up, but me n the ex r still not really talking. a few words on MSN really, thats it. hopefully whn i return from greece (leaving in 4 days) things will pick up, n we'll start to b friends. i just miss his friendship terribly. like, having someone i know wil always b there, someone to have fun with. and some1 who actually gives a good hug.. that shows that they care. and just so much more. i miss my best friend really.

thanku for everything uve done to help n support me. u guys r absolutly amazing. keep up the good work.

and for those who have been in a situation like, similar or even nothing like mine, speak up.. start by telling the ones u trust the most, then slowly work up the courage to go that one step further. theres help out there... waiting to help u.

if u want to get in contact with me.. any1 wether ur just cheking up, been involved in postings or have a situation u feel like chatting about, etc... add me on msn-
edited for safety reasons

hope to talk to u guys soon.
ill chek up regulary.
xoxo<33

[ 08-13-2007, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: JamsessionVT ]

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Prinsess, glad to hear things are getting better for you!

Just one thing - could you please edit out your e-mail adress? We don't allow posting of personal information, for your own safety.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Hey Prinsess, so glad things are looking up for you. [Smile]

quote:
and for those who have been in a situation like, similar or even nothing like mine, speak up.. start by telling the ones u trust the most, then slowly work up the courage to go that one step further. theres help out there... waiting to help u.
Those sounds like excellent words to go by!

Have a good winter (er, it's winter there, right? [Wink] ) and we look forward to future updates.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.