Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » I'm not sure if it was rape (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm not sure if it was rape
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And replied.

Let me know if there is anything else (via email is likely best) I can do for you to prevent this guy from further harassing you.

He's banned here, but should he try and register again, I will send a harassment report to his ISP.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68032 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melpomene
Neophyte
Member # 32895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for melpomene     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's good with computers...probably used a proxy or a college computer.
Posts: 25 | From: York, England | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not good enough. [Smile] No worries about him here, we've got you covered. Just do what you need to at school and your computer re: this situation.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68032 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melpomene
Neophyte
Member # 32895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for melpomene     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Heather *hugs*
Posts: 25 | From: York, England | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stacey
Neophyte
Member # 30608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stacey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey melpomene

how u doin now hun?

i start going bk to councilin as of tomorrow am scared but happy at the same time

if u would like to talk privately i could ask Heather to pass on my details if thats ok with her? i also dont live far from u if u want me to look for sti clinics or anything like that near u

xxx

Posts: 38 | From: south shields | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Hey Stacey: to protect everyone's privacy and safety, passing emails between users is not something we;ll do. And we can also easily help users find STI clinics near to them if they want that help.

While we know we can verify the indentities of our staff and volunteers, the same can't be said for users, so that's not within our policies, and often, protection of that privacy is one reason users feel comfortable posting at Scarleteen in the first place. You're, of course, welcome to talk as you like here, but that's all we can offer.

[ 03-07-2007, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

melpomene
Neophyte
Member # 32895

I hope your councelling goes well Stacy, I was tested for STIs a little bit earlier today, they didn't tell me when I'll get my results and I'm a bit worried what they'll find.

thanks for all your help.

melpomene
Neophyte
Member # 32895

Oops, didn't know there was another page, and didn't know we weren't allowed to communicate outside of scarleteen either...sorry Stacy
stacey
Neophyte
Member # 30608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stacey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey

thanks yea councilin was ok, i feel a bit raw but i expected that, if they do happen to find something, then its best that you know now and can be treated, but i have crossed my fingers for you that everything will come back clear [Smile]

i didnt think about the communication thing sowi, but i do come on here everyday if u wana chat

xxx

Posts: 38 | From: south shields | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

(Hey Stacy? One other thing we ask in the user registration is that users post in clear, readable English, not in netspeak. So, if you could please try and do that when you post -- for instance, "sorry," not "sowi" and "you" not "u" -- we'd be appreciative. Thanks!)

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

melpomene
Neophyte
Member # 32895

I hope your councilling works for you. I suppose I need to know...but it's a bit scary.

It's still nice to chat on here...

Heather
Member # 3

If it's any consolation, melpomene, STI testing is pretty nervewracking for everyone the first time 'round. It does get easier once you get in the yearly habit.

Be thankful though: back when I first started getting screenings, you'd have to wait as long as months for some results. Boy, was that wait fun to sweat out. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

melpomene
Neophyte
Member # 32895

How long does it take to get results???

Months? god! poor you!

Heather
Member # 3

The individual clinic should have told you (you can always ask), but it shouldn't be more than a few weeks at a maximum. If you want to know, just ring them up and ask.

And yep: wasn't the good ol'days for those of us getting tested back when, that's for darn sure.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

melpomene
Neophyte
Member # 32895

A few weeks.. tha sounds ok...it going to bother me now..

Weren't many people getting tested, when you were? or did testing processes take longer?

wamu
Neophyte
Member # 33585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lauren:

it lists ALL of the scenarios

Not even close to all of them. just a small fraction of them.
Posts: 5 | From: - | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey wamu, this thread is nearly two months old, and digging up old threads to correct users, especially moderators and volunteers, is not OK. Pretty much every rape situation, if you looked at the list, can be fit into one of the scenarios, or perhaps several of them.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.