Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SHOP TALK » S.E.X. » Seattle Book Release Party: May 8th

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Seattle Book Release Party: May 8th
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Open to the public!

The S.E.X. Book Release Party
Author reading, live sexuality Q&A and book signing
On: Tuesday, May 8th: 7:00 - 10:00, all ages/ over 21 only after 10:00

At: Karma Martini Lounge & Bistro, Seattle
2318 2nd. Avenue, Belltown (206) 838-6018

They have great food and munchies (including vegan options, and they'll be adding a few extra to the menu for this event) & drinks, including non-alcoholic drinks.

Hope to see plenty of you there! The whole place is ours for the night as we fill it, so feel free to bring a guest or twelve!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67145 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surferchk07
Activist
Member # 32276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surferchk07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah Im excited, I'll be bringing my mum cause she said it sounds fun and wanted to come with.

--------------------
Elizabeth

"Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice." -Spinoza

Posts: 154 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh excellent! It'll be really nice to meet her, Elizabeth. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67145 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, nuts. Even if I could hitch a ride, my parents would freak about me going out-of-state. Sounds fun, too!
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would it be appropriate for me to show with my little one in the baby wearer? Or should I get a babysitter? Probably sounds like a silly question, but I'm so used to having him attached to me every second of the day that I've lost sight of when I should unattach.
Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alice, you could totally bring Nolan, no problem -- I'd love to see you both.

(Also, I know Janine RSVP'd, so if you want to carpool, toss her a line.)

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So going to be there, Heather. [Smile] I'm working on getting Tony to come, too.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Just a bump as a reminder for tonight: I know already a few ST users and an ST volunteer will be there, and I'd love to see anyone else who'd like to come by.

Just bear in mind that if you're under 21, because of the venue, you'll need to come before 10.

See some of you soon!

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Surferchk07
Activist
Member # 32276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surferchk07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather it was a blast to get to see you, It had been too too long.

I think the highlight of the night for me was Mark speaking about how to put on a condom correctly. That was hilarious.

Thanks for signing the book <3

--------------------
Elizabeth

"Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice." -Spinoza

Posts: 154 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do agree. [Smile] Mark's "Dramatic Reading" was MOST entertaining.

I'm so glad there was such a turn out. You could hardly move in there!

--------------------
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

It was awesome to see both of you, too. [Smile]

And when you have a silly blad guy on your arm all the time, one does have to make a point of utilizing his skills when need be. Actually, I think *he* was nervous that night, which is pretty odd considering he's the bigger ham and I'm the one who doesn't like the public speaking. Go figure!

Keep an eye out tomorrow: I'm told that's when the P-I piece will run, and it's apparently going front page.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

It'll be in Friday's paper? Ooooooo. I can't wait!

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

That's the word on the street!

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Front page? Holy Crap!

Awesome party, and amazing book, by the way.

(this is Alice, I changed my name:))

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

I'm really hoping that they took some good pics of Nolan and let him be the front page picture.

Smarter people than us would have sat him down with a book in his hands, because that would have been comic GOLD the photog would have leapt all over. [Big Grin]

Thanks so much for being there, Alice, and to you and caylin both for doing the speaking and what you each said.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Ha, yeah, that would have been a good idea. What's funny is I actually thought that yesterday, when I was taking some pictures of him. I was thinking I'll keep a copy of the book around when he gets older, but now's a good time as any to start educating him on safe sex. I'll get a good pic of him reading and email it to you, Heather. [Smile]
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

That would be priceless. [Big Grin] It was so lovely to meet you, Alice. Nolan is such a doll.

And you're welcome, Heather. It was an honor.

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Update: it's now the front of the Lifestyle section, Monday.

Alas, we got bumped.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Surferchk07
Activist
Member # 32276

quote:
Originally posted by Heather:
Update: it's now the front of the Lifestyle section, Monday.

Alas, we got bumped.

awww bummer.
Oh well looking forward to monday.

--------------------
Elizabeth

Heather
Member # 3

Here you be!

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.