Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Control Boundaries

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Control Boundaries
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 5 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all
So just a quick update, for the most part my mom and i are getting along better, there arent many scapegoat issues or problems with being compared to my father's side of the family (though she will sometimes compare me to a special needs child and i'll wind up wanting to kill myself for the next 3 hours but i'll talk to my therapist about that next time i see her-we were on vacation from the 13th to the 21st so its been a bit crazy)
But there are still a few issues, mainly control issues
I am 17 and perfectly capable of making my own choices, but she doesnt seem to think so and is a bit overly controlling in my opinion
I was just wondering if there should be a reasonable control level me and her should try to work out, because lately ive been feeling more of an urge to have control over my life and if i cant get it one way, i take control and either end up self harming or starving myself, ive been eating way too little since march and the end of june/beginning of july were the worst, i lost over 12 pounds, lost a ton of hair, lost a lot of muscle, and was always feeling dizzy
I cant wear any pants without a belt and i see collar bones and a few ribs if i twist my back, and my belly fat is slowly receeding
My mom and i r now figuring out a new gym schedule so that i can get fit in a healthier way but the control aspect is still an issue
One of the biggest problems is going to church
I feel that religion is a product of the human idea that we r so special that the creative force behind the universe has a personal relationship with us, and i dont believe in any of the nonsense religion teaches
Ive been told im so rude to religious people but i feel its only because by being dragged to church i feel the need to fight back against it
I feel bad for religious people trapped in their inherited ideologies, and i could get so much work done if it werent for church
Whenever i apply for a job i make a point of making myself available to work during church hours, but im currently unemployed
Half the time i go to church i go into the bathroom and masturbate (i used to go cut in the church bathroom so i guess masturbating on that toilet is safer) for half the mass, because i just cant stand going
I get called an ******* for disagreeing with church, which isnt very christian-like behavior on my mothers part anyway, and if she were a devout follower of her religion she wouldnt have her high paying job and she wouldnt be divorced
Needless to say i eat the least on weekends because thats when church is
Additionally, she thinks its appropriate to tell me what clubs and extracirricular activities i can do, which is totally telling me how to live my life and i cant stand it
Where should her involvement as a parent end and my ability to make my own choices begin??

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really, this is something for people to work out within their family.

Have you two sat down and had a talk about seeing if you can't find somewhere to meet in the middle when it comes to church, and these activities you want to do?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67212 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We try to but it always comes back to either an argument about religion or a conversation about depression/suicidal thoughts
Maybe i could talk to her with my therapist since there would be a safer environment

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By all means, this is a perfect kind of situation to ask for a therapist to help you mediate.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67212 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

(Btw, been wondering how all your water critters are!)

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok will do this
And all my water creatures are good, burrito only has 9 babies left (my friend has been rearing them-i gave him 94 and there was a giant dieoff) but burrito may be receptive again, shes fat and releases a lot of slime which may be a chemical mating beacon
The toads are great and the baby toadlets are growing fast, i gotta find forever homes for them soon hehe

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

94!?!?!

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Burrito laid like 200 eggs
A month and a half later, i gave my friend the 94 that were still alive

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Well, all I can think is thank GOODNESS people don't reproduce that way, or we'd be going out of our minds with the level of pregnancy panic there'd be around here. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.