Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Falling hard?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Falling hard?
Happy_Lucky
Neophyte
Member # 59851

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Happy_Lucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a boyfriend that is almost always grounded, and when he isn't, he's really clingy. I've been thinking about breaking up with him for about a month. (we've been dating for 10 months) I like him a lot, but I've been spending more and more time with one of my female friends, and we've gotten really close. I'm really starting to like her a lot. She recently told me that she really likes me, is it wrong if I break up with him and wait a few weeks and ask her out? I feel really guilty about liking her, but I can't top myself from liking her more.
Posts: 14 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Generally, we advise that when you're in one relationship, and are trying to make decisions about staying in it or not, that you try and focus JUST on that relationship, not on who else you might date if you weren't in it.

So, setting this girl and the possibility of dating her aside, what would you want to do about the boyfriend you have now (and I assume are in an exclusive relationship with?), if dating this other person wasn't a possibility? You say you've been thinking about breaking up with him for around a month: what's been your process in that? If you have wanted to for that long, why haven't you yet?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.